Scituate nr Harbor and lighthouse house. Is on a awesome beach with great ocean views. accross from shore acres park. Has big open field with basketball court.baseball field its great. 4 bedrooms are huge plenty of space. The master bedroom is 35/35 over looking beach. Comes with a laundry room with washer/dryer. One bedroom and bath on first floor. 3 bedrooms and bath second floor.this house is a must see rents fast fully renivated in 2018.
House, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 12 Sleeps
- Calendar last updated:
- Nov 28, 2018
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Beautiful home and fantastic location!
My friends and I had an absolutely wonderful time at this waterfront home. Thomas is a fantastic host and the home is an ideal summer getaway. The bedrooms are spacious and the amenities are fantastic. You can't beat the newly renovated deck with an outdoor grill overlooking the water. I highly recommend!
Poor Communication, Bad Property - Not as Advertised!
I would not recommend this property for the following reasons:
1) SHEETS NOT CLEAN - It did not seem like the sheets were cleaned before our arrival. The sheets looked and felt very old, were threadbare and stained, and definitely had a bit of a smell. When I notified the owner of our dissatisfaction with the sheets (as well as the other items noted in this review), the owner decided that it was the appropriate time to inform me of the 'house rules', which required that I wash the sheets and make the beds at the end of our stay. Without advertising this requirement in the listing, it is unreasonable ask guests to do laundry and remake the beds after their stay (before 12pm checkout). And to only notify the guests once they have arrived and reached out to the owner letting him know the sheets were not clean is absurd and felt retaliatory. It's now obvious why the sheets were not clean when we arrived.
2) BAD COMMUNICATION - The owner left NO information about the property. I've stayed at several rentals and in every case there was a book or note with house info upon arrival - there was nothing like this in this house or on the VRBO app. There was not even a WiFi password, which was vital because there was no cell reception in the house. Additionally, the owner only informed us of his expectations of the guests after they arrived (see above).
3) PROPERTY NOT CLEAN - When we arrived, the house was very dirty. Floors were covered in sand and trash cans in the house were not empty. The property was obviously not cleaned before our arrival.
4) INACCURATE LISTING - This property was clearly not renovated in 2018. The deck looked new, so maybe that was done recently, but the rest of the house was dirty and run-down. Fixtures were broken, carpets were stained and generally everything felt very grimy.
5) NOT STOCKED - The house did not have enough toilet paper and was missing basics like trash bags. We had to purchase additional TP, trash bags, paper towels, etc. upon our arrival. I brought this up to the owner and his response was pretty rude. If the owner wants the guests to provide these basic items themselves, it should be stated on the booking site.
Between the condition of the house and our interactions with the owner, our stay was miserable. I felt held hostage by the security deposit so I was unable to take sufficient action during our stay. I hope this review provides transparency into what is expected when you stay at this property.
Hi so I'm sad that they didn't enjoy my house. I will try to improve on this as it's first summer doing it as a 3 day rental. The sheets are done by the renter due to checkout time of noon. Check in time is 3pm so cleaning lady needs all of the 3 hours to clean. The was renovated in 2018 not whole house. So I don't charge for cleaning lady and I have never rented a house where you don't leave house in same condition as you came in. So I haven't received any other complaints.
It was dirty and smelly.
The house smelles like wet dirty dog as soon as you stepped in. The kitchen was not clean, had to go buy cleaning supplies to clean both bathrooms as well as kitchen because there wasn't any supplies. Refrigerator was dirty as well as small food stuck in freezer bottom. Kitchen trash barrel was full as well as upstairs bathroom trash. The owner is not very responsive until you check in but then is very presistant about telling you how he expects the house to be left (which I left far cleaner then I got) . The owner also held on to the deposit for 2 weeks post stay costing interest. I would not not recommend renting this house. Other then the view it offers nothing but cleaning to be done by you. And there are no fans or a/c units in house.
Hi so again sorry to hear this review. My rental is no pets but unfortunately that doesn't always happen. I ask that house be left in same condition as move in. That means trash barrels. My cleaning lady only has 3 hours to clean house. I do not charge for cleaning lady. About security deposit that is held by and released by homeaway. The law is 30 days. This 3 day rentals is all new to me and I will continue to work on process.
Great location; no frills
Stayed with girlfriends for the weekend. Cons: Wish we had known to bring our own linens as we spent all of Sunday morning doing laundry and making beds as requested. There should be an option to pay more for follow-up cleaning which we certainly would have done. Garbage from previous guests was piled up and rotting in the heat which wasn't awesome. A stock of toilet paper would have a been a basic bonus to have in the house. House needs a little work but that all being said, the house is perfect for a big group and steps from the beach. The deck is amazing and has a grill. Plenty of parking and fun bar/restaurant about a mile away. I'd say raise the price a hair and include more comprehensive cleaning so guests don't have to spend their vacation time doing that.
Thank you for your review. I agree with the fact that we need better communication. Homeaway doesn't allow any contact with customers until fully rented. The issues are something we always look to address. Bringing own sheets bring on its own challenges. Would need to strip sheets off bed when you arrive and put your sheets on. Then strip off your sheets and make the beds back up. Trash is town pickup. Comes only once a week (Tuesday) so there is going to be a overlap. Not sure how to prevent that. The cleaning lady only has 3 hours to clean which she needs all of that to clean. I would need to have a earlier check out time if beds are involved. So kind of a catch 22. But will definitely try to improve. Thanks for your input.
walking distance to harbor/lighthouse great for fishing. beach is quiet great views also great for biking or jogging/walking. alo kids park right accross the street.