House, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 8 Sleeps
On Seneca Lake - Newly Renovated Ranch Home with Bonus Beach House
* Immaculately maintained ranch home in the heart of the Finger Lakes.
* Leave your worries behind as you relax in this beautiful setting on the West side of Seneca Lake in the Village of Dresden.
* Walk to breakfast at the Dairymen's Diner, dinner at the Dresden Hotel and dessert at Mr. Twistee's Ice Cream Shop.
* Non-Smoking, No Pets
Incredible home and wonderful weekend!!
About the Owner
House is managed by the property owners - it is not managed by a management company.
(11 traveler reviews)
Incredible home and wonderful weekend!!
We had the most amazing weekend at Destination Relaxation. Abi's home is absolutely beautiful, even more incredible than the pictures made it look. We were a group of four couples and this home was perfect for us, but it would also be perfect for a group of friends or families. There are 4 bedrooms - one has an adjoining bathroom and the other 3 share the main bathroom. The smallest bedroom has a window that faces the lake; we loved waking up to the lapping of the lake, however this bedroom also contains the washer and dryer, so it was a little tricky to coordinate washing all the sheets and towels without forcing that bedroom to wake up early. My absolute favorite part about the house is the outdoor area. There are two kayaks, two paddle boards, and a paddle boat for our use. The lake was absolutely incredible - so peaceful and absolutely gorgeous. We all had such a blast taking out all the water toys on the lake! We had a bit of difficulty making the paddle boat work, but perhaps it can only support the weight of children and not adults. There are also a bunch of chairs and cushions for sitting out on the dock. The home has a lovely, nice-sized porch area with outdoor seating near the grill. The interior of the home is also incredibly beautiful - there's a big table that all of us were able to eat at, lots of couch seating in front of large windows that overlook the lake, and a kitchen that comes fitted with everything we could need. In light of a previous review, I was a bit nervous about having to do our own laundry and cleaning prior to checking out, but I found that Abi was really accommodating, allowing us to have a later checkout time in order to have more time to run the washer/dryer, which just let us enjoy more time at her wonderful home! However, I could imagine that cleaning the home and doing the laundry could be difficult if a guest had to leave earlier. She has signs all over her home, so it was really easy to figure out how everything works. It was supposed to rain the weekend we were scheduled to stay and Abi was so kind to give us advice about how to spend our weekend in the Fingerlakes (though the weather turned out beautiful!). This region of the Fingerlakes is absolutely incredible, with scenic hiking and dozens of vineyards right in the area, in addition to the beautiful sights at her home. We could not be happier with our decision to stay at Destination Relaxation and we can't wait to be able to come back again! Thank you Abi!!
Beautiful home, great location!
We really enjoyed our stay at this beautiful home! Great location, close to many wineries and activities. The home was well appointed, it had absolutely everything one would need for a relaxing and fun stay. The bedrooms were comfortable, as were the living spaces. We loved the little boathouse and lake area, and especially the fireplace! The owners were easy to communicate with, and got back to us quickly with any questions, etc. We would highly recommend this property, and plan to return in the future! Thank you!!
Absolutely Beautiful Retreat
This was our first time on Seneca Lake and being around the Finger Lakes in New York and this location was absolutely perfect. The property owners could not have been any more helpful and prompt in replies. The property itself is a dream. Beautiful home with wonderful furnishings, 4 lovely bedrooms and two beautiful baths. We loved the outside deck and boat house and pier. You could spend all day on the pier and swimming right there. We rented a pontoon boat down the road from Roy's Marina and had a wonderful day on the lake as well. The surrounding area has many wineries and vineyards to see. We also stopped at Letchworth State Park prior to our arrival and would highly recommend --- one of the most beautiful parks with three waterfalls and beautiful overlooks. Can certainly see coming back here again!! Highly recommend.
Home Away From Home
This is our 5th Year of staying at Destination Relaxation and it is perfectly named. My entire family (children and grandchild) look forward to going to Abi's house as my little granddaughter Isabella calls it. She just loves everything about it especially fishing off the dock and playing on the grass and visiting the playground and ice cream store as she calls it. She loves the house down by the lakeside which she runs to if raindrops start to come because surely it is followed by the most beautiful rainbow. Her only experience with seeing them is at the lake house so it is a magical place for her. The home and its amenities are just perfect and the location is just wonderful for wine tasting and sightseeing. The countryside is so beautiful and rivals the wineries and beauty of Tuscany and just a short drive to this retreat. We love it! We are so comfortable staying there and hope to continue our splendid visits. The week goes by so quickly but we have next year to look forward to!!! We recommend this property highly! We wish you joy and serenity on your visit as well and hope you make as many happy memories as we have at Destination Relaxation!
Expect to clean their house during your vacation!
We stayed with another family at this lakehouse. It was quite a bit smaller than expected and the "sleeping loft" that was advertised was off limits once we arrived. This created cramped sleeping arrangements for us but we made do.
My complaint is that $200 was withheld from my security deposit with the explanation of "excessive cleaning." We followed all the conditions listed in our contract and left the home in good, tidy condition. There was an additional binder with lists of cleaning activities in the lakehouse including STRIPPING THE BEDS, REMAKING THE BEDS WITH CLEAN SHEETS, and WASHING AND FOLDING AND REPLACING ALL THE TOWELS AND SHEETS WE USED. We started doing laundry the night before we left and washed and dried linen and towels until we had to leave by the 10am checkout. I left with a suitcase full of dirty clothes because I was washing all of their linens and towels. This is way above and beyond what I would expect to do on my vacation but I was trying to be respectful to their requests.
Their dryer is super slow and takes forever so I was only able to do 4 loads of laundry before we had to leave. So, I had to leave one load going in the dyer and an additional one set out for a cleaning crew (there is none, it's you). Everything else was clean, put away, and in the condition we found it in. I even took pictures of the house before we left. So, I'm guessing this was not good enough since I have yet to get a return call from the owners regarding the withheld monies. I'm assuming Abi just expects the guests to be her cleaning crew.
The actual area of town we stayed in was nice. Walking to the park and the ice cream shop was really fun. The beach area was VERY small and full of weeds and seaweed. The flowers and plants growing around the lakehouse and on the walk down to the beach were beautiful but SWARMING WITH BEES! My 3 year daughter got stung on her head :(!!
The home was clean and there was kitchen pots and pans like described. The toilet attached to the bedroom ran constantly and was disturbing for anyone sleeping in that bedroom.
Abi was nice before we rented and when we arrived but her tone changed on the day we left. I sent her a text message that we couldn't do all the laundry and we were checking out. She said they would be "down to inspect" later. Not the friendly goodbye I expected.
So, that was our experience.
Seneca Lake Cottage Rental
We are from Rochester, NY and have rented this cottage several times.
We meet friends from PA for wine tasting and relaxing. The location of the cottage is perfect for all activities around the Finger Lakes.
The property is very well maintained and spotless. It includes four nice bedrooms and two full baths. Not to mention a great dock and water front.
We have always received great customer service from the owners. We will rent this cottage again, and would highly recommend this property to others.
Activity and Interests
* Seneca Lake - boat, swim, kayak the cove and the Keuka Lake Outlet, birding opportunities (Osprey, Swans, Loons, Mergansers, King Fishers, Purple Martins, Geese (Canadian, Snow), Mallards, etc. all have visited the cove - not to mention a variety of other birds as well),
* Enjoy sunrises over the water and sunsets over the trees with frequent afterglows in the sky over the lake, which will take your breath away :)
* Keuka Lake Outlet Trail (7mi. hike from Dresden to Penn Yan)
* Seneca Lake Wine Trail
* Keuka Lake Wine Trail
* Cayuga Lake Wine Trail
* Waterloo Premium Outlets (20 min.)
* Watkins Glen (20 min.)
* Corning Glass (45 min.)
* Ithaca (45 min.)
* Geneva (15 min.)
* Belhurst Castle (15 min.)
* Public Park with Swings - steps away
* Public Park with Swings, Tennis Court, Basketball Court - short walk up the hill and into Dresden (next to the Dresden Hotel - which has awesome food by the way...)
* Golf- Trumansburg Public Golf Club (Trumansburg), Seneca Lake Golf Course (Geneva), Big Oak Public Course (Geneva), Lakeside (semi private), Fox Run (9 hole in Rock Stream), Wells College Golf Club (Aurora),to name a few
* NY State Parks - Long Point, Watkins Glen, Sampson State, Taughannock Falls
* Seneca Falls Women's Rights Historical Park, Roseland Water Park (South Bristol)
* Winter Skiing- Bristol Mountain
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Labor Day-May 5, 2017
Sep 10 2016 - May 5 2017
2 night minimum stay
May-June Weekly Special
May 6 2017 - Jun 16 2017
2 night minimum stay
June 17, 2017-Labor Day
Jun 17 2017 - Sep 8 2017
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Nightly Rate: $350 - $500
Weekly Rate: $2000 - $3000
Monthly Rate: varies
Year Round Rental
January - Memorial Day
Weekly - $2000-2600 Nightly - $300-$500
* Call or email for weekly, nightly and monthly rates
Memorial Day - Labor Day
Weekly Rentals preferred - $2200-3000 (Sat-Sat preferred)
* Call or email for weekly, nightly and monthly rates
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“We love our beach house with a fireplace by the water. It provides a wonderful spot for preparing for water activities as well as a cozy spot to gather around a fire.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1150 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Handicap accessible; attached to second bedroom
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Glass-enclosed shower, with handheld and built-in tiled seat
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, Bedroom is off the hallway, across from the hallway bathroom
- Bedroom 4 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Bedroom is directly off the kitchen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double, Bedroom also directly off kitchen; has an attached bathroom
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Newly Renovated Ranch Style Home *Non-Smoking home *Village water (with whole house water filter) *Septic *Rennai tankless hot water heater *Central Air Conditioning *Washer and dryer (new, stacked in queen bedroom) *Easy to clean vinyl plank floors Kitchen - Newly remodeled: *Refrigerator with ice maker *Jenn-Air dual fuel (5 gas burners, electric oven + warming oven) *Dishwasher *Spacious sink *Microwave *Coffee Maker *Blender *Toaster *Crock Pot *Dishes/glasses/silverware for 14+ *Kitchen table seats 7 Living Area-Large Open Plan: *Vermont Castings Encore woodstove/fireplace *Dining table seats 8+ *Cable TV *Large flat panel TV *DVD player (some DVDs) *Wireless Internet *Corner Sectional Sofa *Lift chair (electric) *Various books and board games Bedrooms (4 in total): *3 queen beds *1 double bed *Linens and pillows provided Bathrooms (2): *One bath handicap accessible (flat floor, 2" lip to shower, grab bar on wall next to toilet and surfaces to push up on at 22' on either side of the toilet, shower has hand held (no grab bars since it was created for showering with a shower seat (not provided)) *One custom bath with handheld shower head and built in tiled seat *Rennai tankless hot water heater (never run out of hot water) *Towels/ hand towels/ washcloths provided (indoor use only, please bring own beach towels) Patio: *Stainless steel grill with natural gas *Dining table and 6 chairs Deck - glider, chairs, benches Beach House (20x20): *Table with 4 chairs *Fireplace (woodburning) *Steamer chairs with cushions Fire pit at beach Boat hoist-max 2000 lbs