Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, 6 Sleeps
This charming waterfront cottage is located on the pristine 333 acre lake known as Big Pond, one of the Berkshires most hidden treasures. Enjoy and relax on the deck as you watch the sunrise every morning or just to enjoy the beauty of the lake at your fingertips.
This cottage sleeps 6 comfortably with 2 bedrooms, each with a double bed and a loft with two single beds. There is a large spacious living room with a wood stove to enjoy on a cool night if you are not having a fire on the beach in the fire pit. It also has a large spacious kitchen and dining area.
This cottage is completely furnished.
If you are not relaxing on the deck you can sit on our privately owned beach area and relax by the waters edge. There are beach chairs to use, a dock to sit on and a raft to swim to.
This cottage sits in a little cove and is ideal for young children because the water is shallow near the dock and they can walk out about 50 feet before it starts getting deep.
The lake is clean and ideal for swimming, fishing, kayaking, boating, windsurfing and so much more.
fabulous will be back!!!
About the Owner
2 traveler reviews
fabulous will be back!!!
The house and location were just beyond perfect for our family vacation. homeowners were incredible and attentive to our needs. breathtaking views from the back deck to the inside of the house, this beautiful house is super comfortable and immaculate! walk right out your back door to the crystal clear lake, which also made for great swimming, and the use of the canoe was a great addition to our wonderful vacation!! we look forward to returning next year!
Clean with a fabulous right on the water location
Our stay was fabulous. Rented two cottages for our first annual family vacation. The owners are very pleasant and willing to meet your needs. Kitchens were well stocked with appliances and paraphernalia for easy meal prep. We will definitely be returning every summer.
Activity and Interests
Great points of interests:
(Approximate distances and times)
Less than 10 miles / 15 minutes:
Blandford Golf Course (8mi)
Sheepgate Store, Blandford (7mi)
Jacobs Pillow (8mi)
Less than 25 miles / 25 - 40 minutes
Lee Outlets (15mi)
Red lion Inn, Stockbridge (20mi)
Tanglewood, Lenox (20mi)
Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge (22mi)
Six Flags, Agawam (30mi) 50-60 minutes
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 26 2016 - Sep 11 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$150|
$950.00 per week from Sunday 2:00 p.m. to Sunday 10:00 a.m.
(Pre-season rate of $750.00 per week from May 15, 2016 - June 26, 2016)
$150.00 security deposit required and payment in full unless otherwise agreed upon.
If agreed upon, a minimum deposit of $600.00 dollars will be required and is non-refundable. Balance due two weeks prior to rental date.
Single family only unless otherwise agreed upon. Number of occupants will also be agreed upon or a rate of $75.00 per person / per night, may be charged for additional occupants if not previously approved and agreed upon.
Cottage is completely furnished, utilities included.
Our lake association works diligently to prevent millfoil and zebra mussells from entering our lake. All types of boats must be washed and scrubbed prior to entering the lake. Thank you for your cooperation.
Pay by check. Deposit of one half when booking and the remainder paid at least two weeks prior to renting. If a cancellation occurs in less than one month of rental time, deposit will not be returned unless we are able to rent it.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Living Room
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 double
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, open loft accessed by as ladder
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Locally, in the center of East Otis (2 miles), you will find Katie's General Store with a lot of fresh meats for your barbecue and a take out snack bar with great food like rotisserie chicken, ice cream and more. Across the street is Hall's General Store that still has the original old fashioned soda fountain and ice cream bar. Opposite corner is the Knox Trail Inn, a great restaurant and bar with entertainment on weekends, Around the corner is Papa's which sells organic foods and host a farmers market, seasonally, every Saturday from 9-1. In the center of Otis (3miles) you have Terranova's, another country store with awesome ribs and chicken. Within 1-6 miles in either direction from Terranova's you have The Farmington River Restaurant that serves a great breakfast and more, the Grouse House restaurant for dinner, Other Brother Darryl's Fish store for your fresh fish and best onion rings and just a little further down the road the Otis Poultry farm for fresh eggs, homemade chicken pies, goods made from local artists,and lots more including local souvenirs. For you larger shopping needs you have Great Barrington, approximately 20-30 minutes away.