House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 15 Sleeps
Available year round (call for off season pricing). Corner Cottage is an exceptional place to get away anytime of the year. You will feel cared for and pampered in our vacation home.
Located in the popular Floradale Association, this 2-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home is well suited for single family or multi-family use. An upstairs loft area provides another place in the cottage where people can sit and talk, play games, watch tv, etc.
Corner Cottage is located in one of the most private areas in Floradale - on a corner with woods in the back, a large front yard, and a vacant lot on the side. There is plenty of parking available for cars, trailers, dune vehicles, etc. Behind the woods is an easily accessible 2-track seasonal road. Wonderful for a relaxing walk.
While the summer months are especially beautiful and full of activity, Corner Cottage is available for rent year round. Consider spending your off-season vacation enjoying the spectacular fall colors, skiing, snowmobiling, or simply relaxing by the fireplace with a great book.
# 7003557 Cozy Cottage (423 Dune Scooter Mears, MI 49436)
- built by owner spring 2010
- located 2 lots away
- same basic size/layout as Corner Cottage
- 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 13 plus a full size sleeper sofa
Association benefits include:
* access to 400' of sandy Silver Lake beach front
* boat slips available - you can leave your watercraft moored during your stay (let us know ahead to ensure availability)
* heated in-ground pool w/slide
* tennis court
* tether ball
Beautifully decorated, Corner Cottage's name reflects it's location - corner of 22nd and Dune Scooter. Built to sleep up to 13 (plus 1 full size sleeper sofa), this cottage is in a GREAT location:
* 1/2 mi from the shared beach on Silver Lake and 1/4 mi from assoc. pool/tennis courts/basketball/clubhouse, etc.
* less than 2 mi from the historic Little Point Sable lighthouse (tours available), and incredible Lake Michigan beaches
* approx. 1 mi from multiple sources of ice cream (very important!), Craig's Cruisers (miniture golf, go-carts, slick track, zipline, bumper boats, arcade), a bakery, gift shops, restaurants, the Parkside Store (small grocery store that also sells firewood), a gas station (also various supplies and some groceries) and Mac Woods Dune Rides.
Venture a little further and find fresh fruit/veg stands and public access where you can climb the dunes or sit and watch the dune buggies as they navigate the sandy hills. From the top of the dunes you will have a breathtaking view of Silver Lake and Lake Michigan at the same time. Sunsets from this vantage point are absolutely spectacular!!
Nearby spots within 15 - 20 min travel by car include:
Access points to the beautiful 25mi long Hart - Montague paved bike trail, Pentwater Lake and its charming downtown, Hart, Shelby, Stony Lake, golfing, horseback riding and the Silver Lake Sand Dragway.
20 - 45 min by car gets you to:
Muskegon (lots of shopping!), Ludington, and Michigan Adventure Amusement and Water Park.
Silver Lake is a great lake for kids! It has a sandy bottom and stays shallow for quite a ways on the Floradale Assoc. beach side of the lake. On the dunes side, the bottom drops off sharply which allows for easy access by boat and great swimming right next to the shore.
Silver Lake water conditions can range from completely still to white caps. This allows for many activities: fishing, sailing, boating, skiing, windsurfing, swimming, tubing, etc...
Please, no smoking in the cottage or on the porches.
No pets (sorry).
Very clean home stocked with all items you would need for any age range!
About the Owner
(7 traveler reviews)
Very clean home stocked with all items you would need for any age range!
We enjoyed our stay very much at Corner Cottage! Tom and Susan's home came supplied with many items that normally is not supplied with most homes. In addition to having so many supplies, their home was very clean and homey! Thank you for making our stay very enjoyable! Carl and Diane
Perfect Vacation - Go for it
Corner Cottage : We had a great family vacation.
Owner has kept this property like own home, which says it all :)
- Communication is up to the mark.
- Fully Loaded, you will only need cloths and food.
- 10 mins walk to beach.
- Nice wifi Speed.
- Association has Swmiing pool, Basket ball and Tennis court.
- Dune Ride, Light House, Boat Rentals, Sad Dunes.. everything is within 10min drive.
Will surely recommend for people of all age groups, if you visiting silver lake.
Perfect location and nice place
Great communication from owner. Very clean place, great layout, all the amenities, close to town, great yard and bonfire pit. You will love this place.
Our family spent this past weekend at Silver Lake in the beautiful corner cottage. There were 7 adults and 8 children (ages 1 - 13). The home was furnished with everything that a family needs, very clean and well-maintained, and is decorated beautifully. We enjoyed using the games, art supplies, puzzles, outdoor play equipment that is waiting up there to be used. The kids played in the club house,had a fire in the outdoor pit, we hiked, went to the lighthouse on Lake Michigan and even climbed the sand dunes and watched the vehicles racing on the dunes. It was a great place to be as a family. Would highly recommend this home as a family get together! We hope to be back there too!
My fiance and I planned a fall weekend getaway for a group of 8. A week before our getaway and everyone backs out but us. Nonetheless, we loved the cabin. The interior furnishing and community amenities were truly above and beyond our expectations. It was clean, cozy, quaint, and peaceful.
Corner Cottage is an OUTSTANDING cabin, I would recommend to anyone!
My fiance and I planned a fall weekend getaway for a group of 8. Week before our getaway and everyone backed out but us. The interior furnishing and community amenities were truly above and beyond our expectations. It was cozy, quaint, and peaceful.
Corner Cottage is an OUTSTANDING cabin, I would recommend Corner Cottage to anyone!
Activity and Interests
thinkdunes is a great source of information about the Silver Lake area
- Nightly Rate: $300 - $450
Weekly Rate: $1500 - $2500
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Memorial Day through mid September
* $2500/week plus 6% Michigan Use Tax
* A refundable Security Deposit ($250) is required.
* No extra charge for normal cleaning or use of dock slip
* Flexible rental arrangements/rates Mid-September until Memorial Day weekend.
* Long term rental available during off season.
* Corner Cottage is available year-round.
* We do not update the calendar regularly - email or call for availability.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Corner Cottage is LOADED with extras! Outdoor sports equipment/games, sand box with toys, generous supply of indoor games/puzzles/books/dvds, and lots more! The linens and towels provided are high quality and definitely add to the ambiance of the cottage. Several beach towels also provided. Sleeping configuration: (each bedroom has an alarm clock) * main flr master bdrm: (1)queen bed * upstairs bdrm: (1)queen bed * upstairs bdrm: (2)twin beds * upstairs bdrm: (1)full/full bunk, (1) full bed, (1) twin bed * living rm: (1)full size sleeper sofa The upstairs loft area has a hdtv/dvd combo, 1 sectional, and 1 recliner. This area serves as another 'hang-out' spot for teens, children, and families. Bathrooms: * Master bathroom: (shower) * Upstairs full bathroom (tub/shower) * Main Floor 1/2 bathroom Living Room: * 32" flat screen hdtv/dvd combo (swivel mounted above gas fireplace) * 1 regular sofa and 1 sleeper sofa (full size) * rocking chair * recliner * coffee table Dining area: * Large rectangular table with 2 leaves that can seat 10 - 12. * Sliding glass door for access to the furnished screened-in porch Kitchen: * Island w/seating for 2 * coffee maker * dishwasher * pots/pans * bakeware * dishes/glassware/silverware * serving dishes * kitchen utensils * cutting boards * crock pot * blender * toaster * electric griddle * electric range/oven * microwave * refrigerator with icemaker * pantry for food storage * plus more! Also: * 1 pack-n-play * 1 stroller * 1 umbroller * iron/small ironing board * washer/dryer * bath towels/linens supplied * firepit w/chairs * wireless internet access * cable tv * outdoorWeber gas grill * whole house attic fan * room fans throughout * portable room air conditioner/dehumidifier available for an additional charge Corner Cottage's outside features include: * a 12' x 16' screened-in, furnished porch with a ceiling fan * Plenty of parking * Underground sprinkling * picnic table * Weber gas grill * sandbox with sand toys * firepit w/chairs *************************************************************************************************** Corner Cottage was built in the spring of 2010 by owners Tom and Susan Montsma (Tom Montsma Builders, Inc). It is constructed with high quality materials and with the expertise gained through 20+ yrs of building experience. Corner Cottage is meticulously cleaned and cared for by the owners and a handful of trusted friends. We strive to maintain high standards of quality so you can get the most out of your vacation! Silver Lake has been part of our lives for over 30 years. It is a wonderful place to stay and make family memories. The scenery is unique and beautiful. You can keep as busy as you want or ... do nothing at all. We invite you to experience Silver Lake for yourselves and ... we want to pamper you while you do! To see more pictures, visit the picasa website: 1. go to the picasa website 2. search on: Corner Cottage Silver Lake 3. on the next screen, click on tmontsma to bring up our web albums.