House, 5 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 10 Sleeps
Enjoy beautiful Chesapeake vistas and a fine white sand beach at this spacious, family-friendly beach house. Five fully-furnished bedrooms sleep up to 10 comfortably. Private pool. Excellent fishing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, crabbing, barbecue/picnicking, and hiking. Dolphins, osprey, bald eagles, pelicans, and hummingbirds live in the area. Within an 8-15 minute drive, you'll find restaurants, shopping, vineyards, antique shops, charter fishing boats, museums, a free ferry to Sunnybank, and ferries for day trips to nearby Chesapeake Bay islands. Just two hours from Richmond and three hours from Washington. Available for weekend, weekly or monthly rental.
Note: House is limited to nonsmokers. Renters are expected to bring bath and beach towels, soap, and paper towels (bed linens provided). We have a no-pets policy. House must be in 'as found' condition on departure, including cleaning of bed linens using the on-premises washer/dryer. Overnight stay is limited to registered guests not exceeding 10 persons.
About the Owner
(10 traveler reviews)
Great Stay on the Chesapeake
We had a great stay on the Northern Neck, and just loved the view. We had 7-10 adults at various times in the week and had plenty of room. We really appreciated and made great use of the full kitchen and the house was well stocked.. The sun-room and deck were both beautiful. We were a bit bummed out that there were SO many jelly fish (end of July), but we enjoyed kayaking on the bay (with kayaks we brought). With all the jellies and the extreme heat the week we were there, we were so grateful to have the pool, and spent most of our hours there. We did lose power twice, though only briefly, and during a big storm there was a ceiling leak (which has since been repaired). Mark and Val were very communicative when we had the power outages and leak, and they ended up being only minor and brief issues. Wifi was a plus! The pool and the views were definitely the highlight of our stay. Thanks for sharing your home with us!
Perfect for our family get together.
We had an amazing time at your beach house. It ticked all the boxes. From BBQ's, to beach fires, crabbing and avoiding jellyfish!! You have to try the crab cakes from the local fish store (only opens Friday's and Saturdays). Amazingly good.
The children absolutely loved having the pool and were in it most of the time , when we weren't out exploring. There were 10 of us and there is plenty of room in the house, didn't feel crowded at all.
The airconditioning was an absolute saviour!!!!!
It's remote setting was great, the noises reminded me of being in the Amazon.
Would love to return one day but it's a long old way from the UK :-).
Thank you for sharing your house with us Mark and Val. Xx
A Wonderful Week
We had a great time. The house is beautiful- You've done a fabulous job with all the remodeling. I really appreciated the a/c , the instant ice maker (!) and all the skylights. Steven and Griselda are taking good care of things and we wanted for nothing!
Relaxation with a view
My wife, family and friends all had a great time at the beach house. Mark, Val and the people they have looking out for the house were all very helpful and the property looked amazing upon arrival. Waking up and having coffee on the deck overlooking the pool and the bay never got old. If you're looking for a quiet, peaceful vacation with amazing views and a warm pool than this is the place to go. I hope to visit again in the years to come.
Activity and Interests
* Shopping: Antiques, gift shops, supermarkets, and a variety of shopping 8-15 minutes away
* Golf Courses: Quinton Oaks Golf Course (Callao) and King Carter Golf Course (Kilmarnock/Irvington)
* Museums: Fishermen's Museum (Reedville), Farmers Museum (Burgess), Historic Hewlett Tavern/Museum (Heathsville) within 15 minutes
* Vineyard/Winery: Athena Vineyard within 15 minutes
* Busch Gardens amusement park: 73 miles away
* Water Country USA: 72 miles away
* Kings Dominion amusement park: 82 miles away
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Off Season (Fall/Winter)
Oct 3 2016 - Mar 20 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Nightly Rate: $300 - $300
Weekly Rate: $1200 - $1700
Monthly Rate: $4000 - $5500
Short-stay rental (2-night minimum for non-holiday weekends; 3 night minimum for holiday weekends)
* $600 for 2-day weekend (off season)
* $850 for 2-day weekend (high season)
SPRING Pre-Season: (March 21-June 14) Weekly Rate: $1200 for a 7 night stay, with Saturday check in/out
SUMMER Season: (June 15-September 30) Weekly Rate: $1700 for a 7 night
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- autumn foliage
- recreation center
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water tubing
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Fully Furnished 5 Bedrooms (two bedrooms with Queen beds, two bedrooms with Full beds, one bedroom with a Full bed plus a Twin bed). * 2 bathrooms (one per floor) * Free Wifi internet access with Comcast broadband * Kitchen includes dishwasher, microwave, cooktop range with full oven, refrigerator with freezer * Living room with 40 inch (1080p LCD) TV with Metrocast cable (service includes HBO), DVD/Blu-Ray. Main bedroom also has 19' flat screen LCD TV. * Air-conditioning and heating * Washer and dryer in utility room * Private, fenced in-ground pool (32' x 16') * Telephone with free local/regional calls included * Linens included for bedding (Please note that towels and washcloths are not included) * Bring your kayaks and inflatables for launching on the private white sand beach!