1 1/2 Bedroom, 1 Bath Cabin, Sleeps 6, Self-Clean Option Available
About Melissa Hodous
Our family of 4 has spent many weekends and summers enjoying the cabin!
Melissa Hodous purchased this Cabin in 2006
Why Melissa Hodous chose Truckee
This is a unique place in Tahoe Donner as it is the perfect size for a couple or family to spend a vacation, especially in a place so beautiful as Tahoe where you spend your days outside. The location is key. The property backs to a green belt and is very quiet, but it is a short drive to all that North Tahoe has to offer.
What makes this Cabin unique
It is hard to find a small, single family dwelling with a garage. You never know when snow will come down by the foot in Truckee, so a garage can be a great convenience. Most Tahoe rental properties charge a cleaning fee, usually over $100. We encourage our guests to self-clean at no charge. Instructions are provided and can typically be done in less than 2 hours for one person. If you prefer, you can pay $75 and the owner will provide cleaning.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
No smoking in or around the property.
We have a high chair, changing table, and more.
Minimum age of primary renter:24
By renting this property you agree to the Tahoe Donner Association Rules Disclosure and Acknowledgment Affidavit (listed as Rental Agreement).
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
We had a great stay here with our two young kids.
Quiet and Convenient
We loved the quiet location and proximity to Donner Cross-Country Area. It's a little odd that the bedroom is downstairs but we only used the upstairs, main living area, pull out couch and single bed for the 2 of us. I do housekeeping for a living and so was happy with the self-cleaning option. Melissa is great to work with. She responded to my questions immediately.
The location of this cabin was perfect. The back of the cabin had a huge snowy space, and someone had made a sled hill! The space of the actually cabin is kinda funky, one twin bed was in the living area and the bedroom was downstairs, maybe I didn’t read the description accurately but it was a surprise walking into the cabin. Loved the self clean option. Overall we enjoyed our stay, especially the location!
Very nice place
We had a very nice time in Melissas Cabin. It’s in a great location, about 2 minutes from tahoe Donner down hill ski area which was very convenient. Quiet neighborhood and a great sled hill in the back yard. We took advantage of the hot tub at trout creek and it was awesome. Melissa always responded quick to my messages. I would definitely stay here again.
Return stay, as great as last time!
Another wonderful stay and hoping to return next year.
great, tidy getaway
Perfectly cozy. Great location - for downhill or x-country ski lovers. Very functional kitchen. Our family of 3 stayed for a week and it worked out great.
1 person (whoever is up latest ;-) can easily sleep upstairs without encroaching on / disturbing the common space / needing to set up and put away the bed between days.
Melissa was easy to communicate with and responded quickly to questions.
There is so much to do in Tahoe Donner, Truckee, and around Lake Tahoe.
* Tahoe Donner Marina on Donner Lake
* Tahoe Donner Ski Hill - just a short walk to catch the shuttle up to the ticket office and skiing. This is a small ski hill, but known for excellent child lessons. Why pay hundreds of dollars on a lesson at a resort that is bigger than a new skier can utilize when you can pay much less and get a great start to skiing.
*Cross-country skiing – you can actually ski off our patio to access many trails within the community (trail maps located at Tahoe Donner website). You must ski to the Cross Country Ski Resort to get a day pass. There are also cross-country trails at Northstar, Auburn Ski Club (by Boreal), Royal Gorge (near Sugar Bowl) and Squaw.
* Snowshoeing - you can use the trails at Tahoe Donner Cross Country center for a fee or just head up to the Glacier Way trailhead and take off on your own.
* Sledding – there are plenty of small hills behind our house and a sled in the garage that you may use. The Tahoe Donner driving range sponsors sledding, usually only on the weekends and holidays for a very reasonable rate with our guest cards (more info at the Tahoe Donner website). Don’t bring a sled to the hill as they require you to use the ones they provide- they even added tubing! It is well organized and a lot of fun!
* Trout Creek Recreation Center – Trout Creek Recreation Center has a state of the art weight room, cardio room, fitness classroom, recreation pool, an adult lap pool, massage treatment, steam room, sauna, and hot tubs. Facility may be used with our guest cards (more info at the Tahoe Donner website) for a fee.
* Free Family Movie Night – Friday nights at Northwoods Clubhouse, check the Tahoe Donner website calendar to see what will be showing.
* Tubing – Tubing at Northstar, Boreal or Soda Springs.
* Ice skating – there are rinks in downtown Truckee, Northstar and Squaw Valley. We usually go to Northstar- it is free if you have skates and only $10 to rent skates.
* KidZone Museum – Children’s Museum, fun indoor play for small children. Conveniently located at the bottom of the Tahoe Donner hill behind the fire department.
* Hike out your door – there are many hiking trails right behind the cabin.
* Fly fishing on the Truckee River
* Floating down the Truckee River - best to reserve in advance and to check on water levels, sometimes closed when too high or too low.
* Circus Circus – Just 40 minutes away in Reno, great area for kids to play games and see free circus acts.
Truckee is a beautiful mountain town full of outdoor activities and downtown character. Check out worldclass ski resorts like Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine meadows and Sugar Bowl, only 20-30 minutes away. Then head downtown and enjoy a gourmet dinner.
And if that isn't enough, you are a short drive to all that Lake Tahoe and Reno have to offer.