1 1/2 Bedroom, 1 Bath Cabin, Sleeps 6, Self-Clean Option Available
About Melissa Hodous
Our family of 4 has spent many weekends and summers enjoying the cabin!
Melissa Hodous purchased this Cabin in 2006
Why Melissa Hodous chose Truckee
This is a unique place in Tahoe Donner as it is the perfect size for a couple or family to spend a vacation, especially in a place so beautiful as Tahoe where you spend your days outside. The location is key. The property backs to a green belt and is very quiet, but it is a short drive to all that North Tahoe has to offer.
What makes this Cabin unique
It is hard to find a small, single family dwelling with a garage. You never know when snow will come down by the foot in Truckee, so a garage can be a great convenience. Most Tahoe rental properties charge a cleaning fee, usually over $100. We encourage our guests to self-clean at no charge. Instructions are provided and can typically be done in less than 2 hours for one person. If you prefer, you can pay $80 and the owner will provide cleaning.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - We have a high chair, changing table, and more.We have a high chair, changing table, and more.
No smoking - No smoking in or around the property.No smoking in or around the property.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 24 - At least one adult must be over the age of 24.At least one adult must be over the age of 24.
- By renting this property you agree to the Tahoe Donner Association Rules Disclosure and Acknowledgment Affidavit (listed as Rental Agreement).
Every year we have a wonderful winter week in this cabin. We enjoy every moment! The house is clean, very comfortable and has excellent location. The only thing I miss and forget every time is a big mug for tea :-)
Best price for what you get
The property is very clean, and has everything you need for a stay in Truckee.
We had a great stay here with our two young kids.
Great location - enjoyed our stay
Melissa's cabin was perfect for my wife, young son and I for a stay during ski week. More or less right around the corner from the XC ski area (and downhill) - we skied from the main lodge in the mornings, and then later in the afternoon after a rest walked over to the trails just behind the cabin to finish things off. The cabin was quiet, comfortable, and clean, and had everything we needed. Our son loved the stash of games upstairs!
Quiet and Convenient
We loved the quiet location and proximity to Donner Cross-Country Area. It's a little odd that the bedroom is downstairs but we only used the upstairs, main living area, pull out couch and single bed for the 2 of us. I do housekeeping for a living and so was happy with the self-cleaning option. Melissa is great to work with. She responded to my questions immediately.
There is so much to do in Tahoe Donner, Truckee, and around Lake Tahoe.
* Tahoe Donner Marina on Donner Lake
* Tahoe Donner Ski Hill - just a short walk to catch the shuttle up to the ticket office and skiing. This is a small ski hill, but known for excellent child lessons. Why pay hundreds of dollars on a lesson at a resort that is bigger than a new skier can utilize when you can pay much less and get a great start to skiing.
*Cross-country skiing – you can actually ski off our patio to access many trails within the community (trail maps located at Tahoe Donner website). You must ski to the Cross Country Ski Resort to get a day pass. There are also cross-country trails at Northstar, Auburn Ski Club (by Boreal), Royal Gorge (near Sugar Bowl) and Squaw.
* Snowshoeing - you can use the trails at Tahoe Donner Cross Country center for a fee or just head up to the Glacier Way trailhead and take off on your own.
* Sledding – there are plenty of small hills behind our house and a sled in the garage that you may use. The Tahoe Donner driving range sponsors sledding, usually only on the weekends and holidays for a very reasonable rate with our guest cards (more info at the Tahoe Donner website). Don’t bring a sled to the hill as they require you to use the ones they provide- they even added tubing! It is well organized and a lot of fun!
* Trout Creek Recreation Center – Trout Creek Recreation Center has a state of the art weight room, cardio room, fitness classroom, recreation pool, an adult lap pool, massage treatment, steam room, sauna, and hot tubs. Facility may be used with our guest cards (more info at the Tahoe Donner website) for a fee.
* Free Family Movie Night – Friday nights at Northwoods Clubhouse, check the Tahoe Donner website calendar to see what will be showing.
* Tubing – Tubing at Northstar, Boreal or Soda Springs.
* Ice skating – there are rinks in downtown Truckee, Northstar and Squaw Valley. We usually go to Northstar- it is free if you have skates and only $10 to rent skates.
* KidZone Museum – Children’s Museum, fun indoor play for small children. Conveniently located at the bottom of the Tahoe Donner hill behind the fire department.
* Hike out your door – there are many hiking trails right behind the cabin.
* Fly fishing on the Truckee River
* Floating down the Truckee River - best to reserve in advance and to check on water levels, sometimes closed when too high or too low.
* Circus Circus – Just 40 minutes away in Reno, great area for kids to play games and see free circus acts.
Truckee is a beautiful mountain town full of outdoor activities and downtown character. Check out worldclass ski resorts like Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine meadows and Sugar Bowl, only 20-30 minutes away. Then head downtown and enjoy a gourmet dinner.
And if that isn't enough, you are a short drive to all that Lake Tahoe and Reno have to offer.