1 1/2 Bedroom, 1 Bath Cabin, Sleeps 6, Self-Clean Option Available
About Melissa Hodous
Our family of 4 has spent many weekends and summers enjoying the cabin!
Melissa Hodous purchased this Cabin in 2006
Why Melissa Hodous chose Truckee
This is a unique place in Tahoe Donner as it is the perfect size for a couple or family to spend a vacation, especially in a place so beautiful as Tahoe where you spend your days outside. The location is key. The property backs to a green belt and is very quiet, but it is a short drive to all that North Tahoe has to offer.
What makes this Cabin unique
It is hard to find a small, single family dwelling with a garage. You never know when snow will come down by the foot in Truckee, so a garage can be a great convenience. Most Tahoe rental properties charge a cleaning fee, usually over $100. We encourage our guests to self-clean at no charge. Instructions are provided and can typically be done in less than 2 hours for one person. If you prefer, you can pay $75 and the owner will provide cleaning.
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Great Summer Stay
We had a comfortable and fun stay at this cabin, everything was as described by the property manager. The space was plentiful for 2 adults and 3 children. There is a lot of different activities in the near surroundings - loved the location. We would consider returning here in the future.
The only suggestion we had would be adding a light or two as we all enjoy reading in the evening.
just what we needed
Not real fancy but exactly what we needed. everything went perfect. place was clean everything we needed was there just like listed. easy to find we loved it will be coming back again.
Owner very responsive. Excellent location for visiting Lake Tahoe, Reno and ski areas. Property was well stocked with kitchen, bath and bed supplies. Good Wi-Fi, which came in handy as there is no TV reception. TV only usable for games and DVD's. Also very poor lighting in cabin. Great kitchen appliances and washer/dryer in the unit.
Great Place in a Great Location
Nice place located 15 minutes from downtown Truckee. Very convenient and a great price for a very nice place.
Enjoyed it very much
Melissa was responsive and helpful each step of the way, and we really enjoyed her lovely mountain cabin! The location is ideal for so many great activities and we would love to return some time.
Cozy cabin with a sledding hill in the back
The cabin is cozy, but it was perfect for four of us. The kids loved playing in the snow and making a track for sledding. So convenient to play right in the backyard. Also, the tap water was so cold and delicious! My family drank more water than usual. We would definitely visit again.
There is so much to do in Tahoe Donner, Truckee, and around Lake Tahoe.
* Tahoe Donner Marina on Donner Lake
* Tahoe Donner Ski Hill - just a short walk to catch the shuttle up to the ticket office and skiing. This is a small ski hill, but known for excellent child lessons. Why pay hundreds of dollars on a lesson at a resort that is bigger than a new skier can utilize when you can pay much less and get a great start to skiing.
*Cross-country skiing – you can actually ski off our patio to access many trails within the community (trail maps located at Tahoe Donner website). You must ski to the Cross Country Ski Resort to get a day pass. There are also cross-country trails at Northstar, Auburn Ski Club (by Boreal), Royal Gorge (near Sugar Bowl) and Squaw.
* Snowshoeing - you can use the trails at Tahoe Donner Cross Country center for a fee or just head up to the Glacier Way trailhead and take off on your own.
* Sledding – there are plenty of small hills behind our house and a sled in the garage that you may use. The Tahoe Donner driving range sponsors sledding, usually only on the weekends and holidays for a very reasonable rate with our guest cards (more info at the Tahoe Donner website). Don’t bring a sled to the hill as they require you to use the ones they provide- they even added tubing! It is well organized and a lot of fun!
* Trout Creek Recreation Center – Trout Creek Recreation Center has a state of the art weight room, cardio room, fitness classroom, recreation pool, an adult lap pool, massage treatment, steam room, sauna, and hot tubs. Facility may be used with our guest cards (more info at the Tahoe Donner website) for a fee.
* Free Family Movie Night – Friday nights at Northwoods Clubhouse, check the Tahoe Donner website calendar to see what will be showing.
* Tubing – Tubing at Northstar, Boreal or Soda Springs.
* Ice skating – there are rinks in downtown Truckee, Northstar and Squaw Valley. We usually go to Northstar- it is free if you have skates and only $10 to rent skates.
* KidZone Museum – Children’s Museum, fun indoor play for small children. Conveniently located at the bottom of the Tahoe Donner hill behind the fire department.
* Hike out your door – there are many hiking trails right behind the cabin.
* Fly fishing on the Truckee River
* Floating down the Truckee River - best to reserve in advance and to check on water levels, sometimes closed when too high or too low.
* Circus Circus – Just 40 minutes away in Reno, great area for kids to play games and see free circus acts.
Truckee is a beautiful mountain town full of outdoor activities and downtown character. Check out worldclass ski resorts like Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine meadows and Sugar Bowl, only 20-30 minutes away. Then head downtown and enjoy a gourmet dinner.
And if that isn't enough, you are a short drive to all that Lake Tahoe and Reno have to offer.