MIN STAY OF 7 DAYS-----Beautiful two story ocean front home located near 9th Street South in Cocoa Beach, FL. Extremely spacious floor plan with Mexican tile throughout. Three bedrooms downstairs with 2 full baths and 1 half bath. Large great room with fire place and beautiful direct ocean views from all the windows! Large fully equipped kitchen with all the amenities you could possibly want. Upstairs has a large master suite with a soaking tub and another bedroom with a private bath. There is a huge oceanfront balcony off the Master Suite. The home is gated, has a large pool for your enjoyment and also features private/gated beach access.
- Half Baths1
- Min Stay1 - 3 nights
House, 6 Bedrooms, 5.5 Baths, 16 Sleeps
Wells Boys Property Mgmt. LLC
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 15, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
VERY overpriced. Poorly managed. Slow, to no response to messages and calls.
Our family was here August 4-11, 2018. First, I’ll start with my positive comment. I spoke to Maddy before we went, inquiring about beach chairs and umbrellas. I told her we were flying into town and wouldn’t be able to bring them. She ordered chairs & umbrellas and had them shipped directly to the house, which we really appreciated.
When we arrived, the garbage was piled high. The trash can was full & overflowing, There were 11 or 12 bags on the ground, plus numerous boxes/cartons. It smelled like a dump. I sent a message to Maddy right away & asked that it be removed. Once inside the house, it was not clean at all. The couch & chair in the living room were “peeling” and in such bad shape that we had to cover them with sheets just so we could sit on them. In the meantime, we filled the refrigerator, only to realize the next morning, that it wasn’t working. And on top of losing food and some very expensive baby formula, we had to buy ice for coolers all week. By Monday, I still had not heard back from Maddy, so I messaged her again, this time telling her about the refrigerator as well. She said she would send someone to get the garbage on Tuesday, and she was already aware that there was a problem with the refrigerator, and would contact the appliance guy. He came a day or two later and told us he is called there on a weekly basis. He also told us that he had already told management that it needed to be replaced. The kitchen is very poorly equipped with pots and pans. Two of the 3 skillets were not usable. There is no exhaust fan in the kitchen, so every time we used the cooktop or oven, the fire alarm/smoke detector went off. We also called about the downstairs air conditioner. This repair guy told us that he also gets called regularly about the ac, and the system needed replaced. The pool guy came mid-week to service the pool. We realized late that evening that he had put the hose in to add water. We didn’t mind turning it off, but we were surprised that he turned it on and just left without telling anyone. Late in the week, I asked Maddy to contact the owner regarding a partial refund because of all of the issues, and asked her to let me know his response. I have messaged her twice asking about it, but she will not respond. We will not stay here again, and would not recommend it. At this point, I would request to hear from the owner.
Very disappointed! Too much money for a house with so many problems.
This house has a lot of potential but needs some serious attention. We leased it for the week of July 4th & had problems with the A/C our entire stay. We were unable to use the upstairs the 1st night which took away 6 beds. The
A/C downstairs was not working properly in the Family Room, Kitchen and Dining Room for several days. We were told they knew the A/C needed to be replaced. Housekeeping had put all laundry from the entire house in one load in the washing machine (all the towels, sheets, pillowcases, etc.). The refrigerator and freezer were not cooling properly for several days which caused a lot of extra concern & work. The gate to the house quit working after a couple days but no one ever came to fix it. The railing on the deck upstairs off the master bedroom was loose and wobbly & several boards on the deck had soft spots. The pool has a jet with DANGEROUS suction that needs to be fixed before someone is hurt. There were lots of other issues that need to be addressed but these were the main ones. This house needs a lot of attention before leasing it out. Too much money for a house with so many problems.
They Knew This Was Coming...
Overall terrible experience attempting to reach resolution of the below issues during the stay and even worse attempting to reach resolution for refund following stay. Beware this property and management company. Major issues are highlighted below:
1) Extreme lack of cleanliness: exterior in disarray, pool not cleaned, used band-aids on pool deck, rear bedroom door glass smashed in rendering back bedroom unusable during stay due to heat and security. Response time was two to three days to send someone to just clean the interior and exterior; we straightened it up the best we could and door was never fixed.
2) Leaking chimney: during numerous rain storms, rainwater cascaded down the chimney, spilled out onto the floor. No solution was ever reached; we mopped it up the best we could following frequent storms. Photographs and timeline recorded.
3) Life safety issues: Following an afternoon storm, rainwater was noticed to be leaking through an overhead light box that had the fixture removed and wires exposed. After further examination, the circuit was on and there was further evidence of a roof leak in this area. We traced the circuit, cut the power and that portion of the house for the duration of the stay was without power. After looking around further, we noticed fire alarms were missing and/or had been removed. Property manager never sent an electrician despite requests to do so to review the issue. A maintenance worker did respond to place fire alarms. Photographs and timelines recorded.
4) Pests. Early one morning, a large rodent was discovered caught in a trap in the middle of the kitchen floor. We never saw the trap previously but apparently during the struggle, the rodent drug itself and the trap to the middle of the kitchen. The property manager was notified but it is not known if a pest company ever responded to the property. There was also a bee infestation of the exterior electrical panel on the north side of the house that rendered one driveway spot unusable. Photographs and timeline recorded.
5) Other problems: trash pick-up, kitchen sink separating from the counter, furniture in disrepair, TVs not working, shower plumbing not working, etc.
Requested refund: 50% of weekly rental fee. Actual refund less than 10%. Numerous in-person (during stay), telephone, HomeAway Resolution requests ignored by Madeline, Tracy, Gail and others. Property, company/owner still on HomeAway... for now. If only photos could be uploaded!
Great location, needs improvements
Location was wonderful! Property was in a residential area, but still very close to activities in town. The beach area directly behind the home was very clean and never crowded.
The home was large and sleeps a large extended family very comfortably.
Thete were some issues that need to be addressed. Hot tub did not work, nor did pool lights or exterior lighting around the pool. Refrigerator and freezer were broken and were worked on, but not fixed completely during our stay, resulting in a loss of some food. Home needed repairs both exterior and interior such as screens, fence, broken glass. Home could also use a deep cleaning.
Overall, great location and size, but definitely needs improvements.
The house needs several updates. The kitchen was not equipped well. The frying pans were not useable, knives were broken and the exhaust fan was missing. The house could use some real cleaning.
The pool had damage but was useable. The gate did not work and the Air-conditioning went out. They did send someone out quickly for the A/C.
Hidden gem on the beach
First and foremost, awesome place to stay.
Great location, nice view. Easy beach access.
Home has dishes, towels , toilet paper, blow dryer, curling iron etc. which was great for my wife and daughters.
Spacious rooms. Comfortable beds.
The downstairs Ac that covers the living room and kitchen area does struggle in the afternoons but hey, it’s the beach, it’s hot out.
Home could use some “updates”
Everywhere you stay will have imperfections but the good outweighs any potential bad this home has to offer.
The management team was very responsive to our needs / questions.
You’ll enjoy this home for sure! Safe travels
Beautiful Beach, Kennedy Space Center, Orlando just an hour away.
Weekly Rate: $3500 - $5000 Monthly Rate: $8000 - $10000 This house can be rented only once per month. We have a two week minimum stay requirement for all months except May and October.