House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 9 Sleeps
* The "Cottage on the Lake" is one of the most relaxing and fun spots to be.
* Newly remodeled inside and outside with large bedrooms, living room, 2 car garage, large screeded in porch that over looks beautiful Watts Bar Lake.
* Great gradual sloped lake lot with easy walk to the dock and boathouse.
About the Owner
(6 traveler reviews)
We spent 5 days at the Cottage on the Lake and had very good time. The kitchen was well equipped and had everything I needed to fix a big Thanksgiving meal. The living area, bedrooms and bathrooms were large and comfortable. I found renting from this owner to be a positive experience and would stay at the cottage again.
Great place, can't get deposit back!
We stayed at this home two months ago and we had a wonderful time and loved the home. We planned to return again but it has been two months and just got the deposit back and the check was returned for insufficient funds. We are pretty upset about the amount of time it has taken to get $500 back. Be cautious!
Rain soaked 4th on the lake
One word to describe the cottage on the lake, AWESOME. The house is well equipped & we had everything we needed for a great vacation. Unfortunately, it rained all week but we were better able to enjoy this ideal property. The kids enjoyed all of the board games & we rarely used the TV, which was ideal. A great place to enjoy your family without being crowded. Wireless was stable & satellite TV was also a nice feature when we occasionally "caught up with the real world". The owners were very helpful & accommodating & the house had everything that was advertised. This house is very upscale for a lake rental & the dock easily handled 2 boats. Even the neighbors were friendly. I can't say enough about what a great time we had & we will definitely rent from Steve & Ann again.
just what we needed!
We absolutely LOVED staying here. It was much nicer than most lake houses, very well taken care of and cutely decorated. Awesome porch and such a cozy environment. We will definitely be back!
Earlier this summer my husband and I enjoyed a long weekend on Watts Barr Lake with our toddler and inlaws. We really enjoyed this beautifully decorated lake house and all the amenities it had to offer. The 3 bedrooms are spacious and comfortable and the entire property was very clean and well maintained. One of the rooms has 2 beds and is large enough to easily accommodate a pack and play for those needing more room for the family! Laundry facilities were available, but we didn't need to use them. The kitchen is very well equipped and of modern decor and finishing. The family living room has games and dvds on offer but we really didn't use these as we spent our time on the huge deck or down on the lake.
The back deck over looks the lake, and the water begins shallow enough for toddlers to splash around in under supervision from the chairs located by the lakeside.
We enjoyed grilling and eating outside, but also visited one of the local restaurants one night, and spotted several others that were in a short driving distance. The morning we left a family were preparing to move in for a month, and I was very jealous but we are now preparing to book a long weekend for this fall!
I cannot wait!
Great September vacation
Our stay at the Cottage on the Lake was much better than we could have hoped for. The cottage was very much like being in our own home. It is very well decorated,clean and maintained.The lake access is excellent.We were able to just relax and enjoy our stay. The property owners backed everything that was promised and were very accommodating.
Each year we rent a lake house in Tennessee and this year we were fortunate to find this great place. We've never rented a place twice but this one may change that. We are considering renting the Cottage again next year.
Anyone wanting to have a nice relaxing vacation on Watts Bar Lake would do well by renting this Cottage.
Activity and Interests
* Fishing for Bass, crappie, blue gill and strippers on Watts Bar Lake
* Several restaurants and bars on the water close enough to ride by boat
* Smooth water with little boat traffic for great water skiiing & tubing
* Close to golf & fly fishing on the Cumberland Mountains
* Knoxville Tennessee is 40 minute drive for dining, shopping and UT Football!
* Gatlinburg and Smoky Mountains are 1.5 hours away
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $180 - $195
Weekly Rate: $950 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $1950 - $3900
$180/night(2 nt min.) or $950 /wk after Halloween October 31 thru April 1
$195/night(2 nt min.) or $1,200/wk April 1 thru Halloween October 31
Refundable security deposit required-$500
Please contact Steve for more information and booking
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- * Large new Kitchen with custom cabinets and granite counter tops * New wood flooring in kitchen and living room * Satellite TV with DVD player * High Speed Internet with Wireless Free * Great swimming area with dock and ladder for the kids * Pet Friendly home and large yard to play and run * Pull out couch with sofa sleeper for two * Extra refrigerator on the screened porch for "extra beverages" kept cold