DESIGNER COURTYARD VILLA, 2 BEDROOMS, TWO BATHS, CLOSE WALK TO SPANISH SPRINGS
We're Glad You Found Us!
FIRST. CHECK OUT our 3-month summer special from June 1st through August 31st, for next summer - 2017. Sorry but already rented for this summer 2106. If you have the summers off and would like to live like the "rich and famous" for three months, this may be for you! The normal rent is $4,800.00. Our discounted rent is $3,395 -- a 29% rate reduction. This is $37.00 a night. Hot tub, golf cart, view! And amenities galore. The best part: almost like a owning your own vacation home as it is virtually guaranteed that this will be available for you summer after summer!! As an added bonus, we may be leaving by May 20th, and you can have these 10 days in May free!
ALSO KEEP IN MIND DECEMBER 2017. Already rented for this Christmas 2016. The Christmas holiday season - Email us for very special deal! The Villages is spectacular in December. The lighting, the Christmas golf cart parade and the festivities will amaze you. No snow...palm trees...Santa....dining out...no hassles....Give it a try and spend December in adult playland, where everyday is "your time to have fun." And you can play golf on Christmas Eve Day! How good is that? The Villa has special outside lighting for the holidays, and interior holiday decorations to make your Christmas all the more special!
ALSO AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 TO OCTOBER 9, 2016 and 2017. If you are looking for mid-80's every day with beautiful warm nights in the private courtyard hot tub under the stars and the palms, consider this 45-day vacation period. We'll make a special deal for you for this time. Call or email for details. Minimum rental period is 30 days. As the weather gets chillier in your home town, there's no place nicer than Fall in the Villages!
THANKSGIVING 2016 SPECIAL!! If you have relatives in the Villages and would like to visit over Thanksgiving, our Villa is available on Monday November 21st through Wednesday the 30th - a 10 day period. Come and stay in this special Villa for all or part of this 10 day period for just $400.00.
SPANISH SPRINGS AND MEDIRA DRIVE IS UNIQUE
You have just found one of the nicest - and in my wife and my humble opinion - absolutely the neatest vacation home in The Villages. A cliche and a self serving description :) you say. But really, it is sooo neat. This is our HOME from mid October to mid November. And from March 1st through mid May each year. We come from a northern city in a northern State - Minnesota. And we are instantly in a tropical paradise with mood uplights casting shadows of palm trees on the private Spanish courtyard walls, the therapeutic spa, the Key West lanai, the huge private paved courtyard, and the soft tropical interior design.
Inside, there is a spacious open floor plan, large heated and air conditioned lanai, separate kitchen with island, large master bedroom with a king sized bed, double vanity sink in master bathroom, and large walk-in ceramic master shower with built-in seat. There's a good-sized guest bedroom with a queen size bed and bathroom that is split from the master bedroom side for privacy if you have guests.
This home is referred to as a Courtyard Villa. It is a block and stucco home with block and stucco walls replicating a Spanish Villa - very private feeling. A true get away - very different from a traditional wood frame home. The view is unparalleled with a post card view of the 5th green on the Hacienda Country Club Lakes golf course! Our Villa is situated ideally on the course away from any errant balls and elevated and landscaped with tropical plantings for privacy. Just out the front door - literally 8 minutes away by foot - is Spanish Springs Town Square. We are also located ideally for easy access to Sumpter Landing Town Square. By golf cart, we are nine minutes to Sumpter, and just a 15 minute bike ride.
WALK TO MAJOR SHOPPING
We are in the closest proximity of any of the Villas to Sams Club, Target, Belks, Bath & Body, and several mini Mall areas - most all of which are available by golf cart in a matter of minutes. And shopping at Belks, Chicos, Republics, Winn Dixie and others is a close walk. This location is truly the best!
WHY RENT A DESIGNER VILLA?
Medira Drive is known as a Designer Villa which means that it has a 2-car garage (even when you are renting a 2-car garage is important for easy access to the golf cart), vaulted volume ceilings, laundry off the kitchen, and other interesting architectural features. It is much more spacious than a typical wood-frame Villa and rental house. It is block and stucco for a sense of sturdiness. There is a strong flavor of the Spanish Courtyard. There is a feeling of staying in a fun and unique experience as opposed to a typical house. The Designer Villa is free standing but different from the homes we all lived in in the North. And that provides a special experience - one of really being "away."
CHECK LIST TO COMPARE MEDIRA DRIVE TO OTHER RENTALS
-- Weather tight lanai for rain on cool days / nights in winter
-- AC and heat in a large lanai
-- Therapeutic spa (hot tub) at warm, but conversation tub temperatures
-- Golf course view
-- Lake view
-- 1400 square feet excluding lanai
-- Block and stucco - important even in a rental during inevitable storms
-- New kitchen with stainless appliances
-- Frameless glass shower with double vanity sinks
-- Walk to Town Square in less than 10 minutes
-- Prism TV - Flat screen high def TV's
-- Tropical decor throughout
-- Vaulted ceilings - Light and airy - super sunlight
-- Owners' OWN home - So equipped with everything
-- Caretake lives minutes away - always there to assist you
-- Webber Gas Grill with extra tank
-- Sound system - speakers in ceiling
-- Private Spanish style courtyard walls
-- Newer furnishing throughout from White's furniture
-- 20" tiling for that Spanish flair - carpeting in bedrooms
In our opinion, each of thee items are very important. So, as you compare your possibilities, compare each of these features head to head. Example, something as little as the caretaker / manager within minutes away may not seem like a big deal but it really is when something may go wrong. Our caretaker is a personal friend, and lives in Rio Ranchero. Ed is a retired teacher from our hometown in Duluth, who was head of the automotive classes in School. Ed is there to assist if there ever happens to be a golf cart issue, a maintenance issue, etc. I cannot stress how important that may be for you.
About the Owner
Nancy and Ron Edmunds are the owners of of 918 Medira Drive. We're from Duluth, Minnesota. Ron was an English teacher for eight years in Duluth, and he and Nancy taught school in Taipei Taiwan for two years in the early 70's. We have two boys, both in Minnesota and five grandkids ranging in age from 11 to 22.
Better than advertised. Villa was well maintained and with the careful attention of the local caretaker, no problems occcured during our 3 month visit. This is a nice place and we plan to come back next year.
Medira in March
my wife and I rented Ron's villa in March of last year for 2 weeks-
This unit is very close to Spanish Springs which is a bustling place.
Ron had a golf cart for us to use and the hot tub felt great in the cool evenings.
The villa was equipped with everything we needed and bonus was cable tv and wi-fi connection.
I think anyone renting this unit will be more than satisfied and will enjoy a great Florida vacation.
Courtyard Villa on Medira
My wife and I rented Medira in Nov. for a month.It was a positive experience in every way. The location was perfect because we could walk to Spanish Springs town centre and shopping, and the drive to the other town centre, Sumter,was about 5-10 min. Settling into the villa was very easy because all the amenities were there--comfortable well-furnished rooms and a large lanai with a beautiful view to the golf course.The hot tub just outside the lanai was a bonus. The garage parking was also a treat because we were able to park our van, their golf cart and 2 bicycles quite easily.The owners also had a full-time Villager to contact in case of problems. This was our 6th visit to The Villages and Medira was the best accomodation by far-a very tastefully decorated villa with plenty of room.
From the Owner
“Prior to buying Medira, we owned another courtyard villa - which was also in Spanish Springs. We loved the location with all its local amenities, but we were looking for more in the house and more in the view. It met all of our criteria with a great floor plan, a neat entry way, split bedrooms for guest privacy, open floor plan, and more. The view of the 5th hole on Hacienda Hills Country Club sold us the minute we walked in the door, not to mention the view of the lake! And for all of this, we were only a 5-7 minute walk right to town square and music every night!”
Activity and Interests
Playing Golf For Free
You have probably been to The Villages before or have checked out The Villages on line , so not too much will be mentioned about what there is to do in The Villages as there are literally hundreds of activities listed in the recreation section of the newspaper. But I will tell you about a few of our favorite activities. One of the best activities you could do when you rent Medira Drive is to play golf for free by having an activities ID card. For $50 paid to The Villages, you will receive a temporary ID that transfers all the rights of my wife and myself as owners to you while you are renting. That means that you can play any of the Executive Courses for free. And you wouldn't believe some of the stunningly beautiful executive courses, and the degree of difficulty if you choose to play off the back tees. One of my favorites is Pelican where from the "blacks" seven of nine holes is played over preserves and ponds. Chula Vista and Mira Mesa is just a 3 minute golf cart ride away from Medira Drive and features tough holes, picturesque fairways & greens, holes were you hit drivers, a beautiful lake, and typical par 3 iron holes. And these courses are free with your ID.
And we are right on the Hacienda Country Club course - a beautiful championship course!
Dancing In The Streets - Literally
If you like dancing to live music from the 60's and 70's by some really spectacular bands - many of whom have played with the "bigs" way back when - there's no place in the world like The Villages . And what's neat is that you can walk right out the front door and stroll to Spanish Springs Town Square just minutes away. And this happens EVERY night of the week from 5 pm to 9 pm! Or, just head over to the Key West Townsquare Sumpter Landing. All close by.
If you like to be active as we do, there's Pickleball just minutes away in either Chula Vista or Hacienda. Yes, that's a real game. And it's REALLY fun. Google "pickleball" for more of a description. Glenwood tennis club with its tennis raquet-shaped swimming pool (what won't The Villages think of next?) and Har Tru tennis courts is a close golf cart drive away.
Walk To The Best Restaurants
Great restaurants are within walking distance - just a phenomenal authentic Mexican restaurant, a great sports bar in Gators Dockside, and wonderful food at Paneras, Ruby Tuesday, and Katie Belles. Yes, all within an eight minute walk from the front door! And there's many more in the same close location such as McCalls, Margaritaville, Paulies Pizza, the New York restaurant, and more. Or instead of walking to Spanish Springs Townsquare, jump in the golf cart and a 9-10 minute golf cart ride away, our three favorite places: the Japanese restaurant, the Thai restaurant, and the Lighthouse restaurant. Again, there's so many more.
Attractions Outside The Villages
You may also know that we are just 15 minutes from the most beautiful horse country in the world near Ocala, 30 minutes from the spectacular Silver Springs where wild monkeys still swing from vines and where Tarazan was filmed, and just over an hour to either Coast - Daytona Beach and Clearwater Beach. But truthfully, most people just come to The Villages and never leave.
To get a real sense of what there is to do in The Villages, log on to The Villages web site and you will learn about their polo stadium, line dancing, bridge, the Texas two-step classes, pool, basketball, NY stickball, bocce ball, cheerleading and majorettes, lawn bowling, soft ball, and hundreds of other activities.
Or Just Read A Good Book
And if all of these activities inside the Villages and "outside" is not enough :) we have four chaise lounges in our huge brick-studded private courtyard for you to just sit down and read a good book! So there you have it. My wife, Nancy, and I cordially invite you to consider 918 Medira Drive for your next vacation to The Villages. We hope to hear from you.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 2016 - Aug 31 2016
90 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
30 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
MONTHLY RENTAL RATES
Je - Aug $1,600. (With rare exception, this is a 3-month package)
This Villa home is only available for monthly time periods, with exception of November and December - which can be rented for a two-week period. The Villages is a 55 and over community. As such, our Villa is restricted to having a minimum of one renter over 55 and no children other than occasional overnight guests..
Five Star ***** Vacation
For a Five Star Class A rental, the monthly rate in the peak season is just $109 a day! And that includes a golf cart and free golf for two people!
Golf Cart & Cleaning Fee For Monthly Renter
For monthly rentals, the golf cart is included in the above-stated rate. In addition to the monthly rate, there is a cleaning fee of $45.00.
VIP - Villages I.D. And Free Golf!
For the monthly renter, if free executive golf and access to clubs such as Katie Belles is desired, the renter will want to pay $50.00 to the Villages for an ID to attend these functions. With the I.D., you also have access to all of the Rec Centers where you can play billiards, take dance lessons, yoga, and so much more! If you choose this option, you will have the same privileges as we do, as owners.
A $500.00 security deposit is required.
In general, we love pets. But sorry, there are no pets allowed for renters. Also, this is a no smoking Villa inside, in garage, or in the courtyard. If you have had any allergies, you'll appreciate this non smoking policy. We have had all the ducts professionally vacuumed and cleaned, and professionally treated.
Make A List Of The Plusses. If you make a list of all the plusses for Medira Drive and compare, you'll agree that 918 Medira Drive will make a great place for your vacation!
For a long-term rental, the owners will conduct a simple background check. The 3-month summer rental is a "package rental" deal. $1,500.00 along with $1000.00 as a security to be paid a minimum of 30 days prior to the June 1st rental inception date. $1,500.00 by June 15th for July period. And $1,500.00 by July 15 for August period.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Yes, this is a "rental" but not really a rental per se. It's our home, and we are happy to share our home with you when we are not here. We have furnished it, decorated it, and have filled our home with our prize possessions, that we truly enjoy - and know you will too! This is courtyard villa, meaning that tall and masonry and stucco walls provide a Spanish courtyard for your privacy. But this isn't an ordinary courtyard villa. The family we purchased Medira from, combined three different plans into one when they originally "built" it. To begin with, it is extra large - around 1400 square feet. They extended the living room so it is very large and open into the dining area, and "angled" double doors off the living room to the spacious master bedroom. They also created a two-car garage rather than a 1-car garage with a golf spot, and it was built with vaulted (volume) ceiling throughout. They changed the location of the washer and dryer from the garage to the kitchen, and more. But one of the most unique things they did was create a huge covered lanai. Literally, as we are writing this description right now, there is a glorious thunderstorm overhead. The vaulted ceilings in the lanai are "pattering" with raindrops and it is spectacular outside. The other courtyard villa that we owned before we bought Medira, was dark inside, had a small enclosed porch, and we really felt enclosed when it rained. We can honestly say that a rainy day in our lanai is one of our most favorite times! Wish we had sound effects, because a magnificent thunder boomer just went off overhead. Don't get us wrong, we play pickle ball, tennis, golf, ride bikes, walk, enjoy Townsquare music and all the wonderful outside things, but when mother nature calls and brings on the storms, well then, this place is really neat! We know first hand that all places cannot say that.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Hot Tub ...
- Car Available
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- Senior Adults Only Community ...
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Golf Course Front
- Golf Course View
- Lake View
- Water View
- live theater
- recreation center
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- equestrian events
- golf privileges optional
- roller blading
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Therapeutic shower heads.
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Heavy glass (frameless).
- Both bathrooms are all new in 2014 - including beautiful ceramic walls and flooring.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Master has a 42" flat screen TV & two lge chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- The master bedroom is very spacious and has the king sized bed with excellent comfy mattress and two good pillows. There's a nice view from the master of the spa and courtyard, from window with tinted glass for full privacy during the day. There is a spacious frameless glass shower with a built-in seat. Some times this type of glass is called "heavy glass." There's a large walk in master closet and an private toilet with a door. There is a double vanity sink and a granite counter top.
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lanai / Gazebo ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Your Special Retreat Because Medira Drive is our special retreat (and we know it will be yours too), a place where we go to re-group to be refreshed, we can only look at the Medira Drive amenities from our perspective. One of the things we enjoy doing the most is bike riding. We have two excellent bikes from a bike shop and they both have comfortable seats! We NEED comfortable seats. You can even bike to major grocery stores and department stores just a five minute bike ride away on smooth level streets and pathways. Swimming Pools - That's plural :) Yes, there's wonderful pools surrounding us in pretty much all directions. Because most travel is by golf cart, here's the proximity. Four minutes to Chula Vista, 5 minutes to the family pool, Rio Grande, and 6 minutes to the Country Club pool at the Tierra Del Sol golf course. Just minutes further is the tropical family pool, Paradise and literally several others. Or, if you like walking, we walk to the Chula Vista Rec Center where the pool is, billiards, bocci ball, tennis, pickle ball, shuffleboard, and an executive golf course - and it is just a 13 minute walk on pathways all around an enchanting lake! Golf Course View A major amenity at Medira Drive is the magnificent golf course view and the sunsets over the lake. The golf green and the sand traps are beautiful. Enjoy your dinner on the bar stool table and watch the sun go down. It's the best! A Key West Flavor The Villa is decorated in a light and airy style in a little bit of a Key West flavor. Speaking of which, Key West is just an 8 hour drive away - one of our favorite places in the world. And to get more of a Key West "kick" here in The Villages, in addition to our Villa, check out the Parrot Head Club on line. There's over 900 members! The Spa is our little Jimmy Buffet haven. An amenity of Medira Drive that you will love is the heated and air conditioned covered lanai. In the winter months, for the cool evenings, you can enjoy the Island Collection tropical wicker furniture in a climate controlled environment. The easy chairs are really comfy and they swivel & glide. And there is a gliding love seat. There is also a wicker table with four chairs. Included in the pricing is a beautiful electric Club Car golf cart that features a cooler, a cargo carrier for grocery shopping, a speedometer, and a rain enclosure. It's pretty neat to ride nearly everywhere in a golf cart. Additional Amenities Other amenities: Big cooler and little coolers for a trip to the beach, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, rain coats ( but it never rains in The Villages - ok sometimes), Chicago Cutlery knife set, complete kitchen equipment, refrigerator with auto ice maker & instant filtered water, king bed, comfy mattress, good pillows, newer Weber gas grill, pull golf carts if desired, and more! Caretaker Lives Nearby An "amenity" you may never have thought about is having a caretaker nearby. What do you do when you rent and - oh oh heaven forbid :) but the golf cart has a problem, or what do you do if you have a problem with the heat or the AC, or the dishwasher or with anything else? At Medira Drive we are blessed with the most wonderful caretaker who lives just a 5-minute golf cart ride away. He is from our home town in Minnesota, a retired school teacher in Industrial Education. He is skilled at repairing anything, including the golf cart if that should ever give you grief - though the golf cart IS in excellent condition. But it is truly comforting and, really, an amenity to have a caretaker so close and available by cell phone who can handle anything. AAA Golf Cart Emergency towing You already know that you can drive miles and miles away in a golf cart. If you want, you can have a Cuban sandwich at Havana or sit on the veranda of Caine enjoying a carafe of wine - anywhere from 5 to 10 miles away by golf cart! And even much farther if you wish. An unbelievable community of modern electric vehicle transportation. Because of this, Medira Drive subscribes to a sort of Triple A cart service available 24/7. If there ever was a problem with the cart on one of these long jaunts, just call on your cell phone for a free tow and ride home. You know, this has never happened. This service has never been needed. But it is THERE. And it is one more reassuring reasons to rent 918 Medira Drive.