Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 8 Sleeps
A beautiful four-year-old cottage located in the exclusive LaCasa Lakeside Community on Lake Okanagan. The cottage has gorgeous views of the lake, and is mere steps away from the resorts amenities.
The cottage is fully furnished, and sleeps six people in three bedrooms (one bedroom is an open loft), each with a queen size bed, plus 2 on a queen size hide-a-bed in the living room. The two full bathrooms are spacious, and each hosts a bathtub and shower. The cottage contains air conditioning, an LCD television (with Shaw cable included) and DVD player, a washer/dryer, fireplace, barbeque, large deck with patio furniture, and many other amenities.
The resort is a fantastic get away for families with many resort amenities including a mini golf course, a large expanse of private beach, two poosl, hot tubs, and playground, amongst others. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The resort also has hiking trails and trails that can be used by all terrain vehicles.
Many activities are also available close by, but off of the resort. These include but are not limited to golf, skiing/snowboarding, water sports, wine tours, shopping, and everything else the Kelowna/Lake Okanagan area has to offer.
About the Owner
I live in Vermilion, Alberta with my husband and two daughters, where I own and run a yoga studio, wellness centre and retail store. We love being active, and having fun. We don't get to enjoy the cottage nearly as much as we would like.
3.3 based on 3 traveler reviews
- Listing states property is in Kelowna. Property is actually in Fintry, 35 minute drive to Kelowna.
- Listing claims access to amenities such as game room is included; in fact, these are available to owners only.
- Fridge door does not close (mind your perishables).
- Deck dining table broken/unusable (no meals on the deck).
- Some towels were stained.
- Spare sheet for sofa bed had holes.
- Carpets were soiled with large stains.
- TV colour is a bit off.
- Door knobs on 2 closets hanging off.
- Dirty oven.
- Not enough hot water in main bathroom.
- Kitchen faucet leaking into cabinets (we fixed it).
- Unresponsive owner once payment made - emails ignored, voicemail about faucet took a day to respond.
- Deposit took 4 days to be returned.
Perfect for Us
What a great stay for us! This was a chance for a Mom's get away and with 6 of us, the size of the unit was perfect. The unit was spotless and fully equipped. I wrote the owner after our stay and our suggestions for minor improvements to our stay were well received. The complex is huge and we used our car to get down to the beach and up to the top pool just to save on time, but there are golfcarts to rent and walking obviously is an option. There is also a pool very close to this unit.
We will definatly stay here again if we head up to Kelowna in the future.
The property was exactly as it looked on the website. This was a perfect week to go as the group that stayed had no children and school was back in. The resort was empty and peaceful. The amenities were all closed (as earlier reviews stated all summer) but that has nothing to do with the home owner. Pool was great as well as the hot tub but you are not allied in after 10pm. It is a 2 minute drive through the resort to the water and about a 15 min walk. We all loved the property and would go back in a heartbeat. Ensure you go there prepared though as it's about a 35 minute drive in either direction to kelowna or Vernon.
From the Owner
“I love the resort! It's beautiful, and peaceful with a ton of amenities. It's the perfect spot for a family vacation, a wine tour weekend, or an adult getaway. I love being surrounded by nature, while having all the necessary comforts I enjoy.”
Activity and Interests
Mini-golf, pools, beach, volleyball, tennis, water sports, exercise facility, hiking, plus a great trail system as detailed below.
We are very fortunate at La Casa to have, within a few kilometers of our backdoor, the newly created Bear Creek Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Trail System. Administered by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture, & the Arts, and the Okanagan Trail Riders Association, the 35,000-hectare site is the largest managed recreation site in British Columbia. It includes many panoramic lookouts over Lake Okanagan and some of the most beautiful riding trails in BC.
One of the great advantages of a managed site is it addresses and mitigates the issues of unrestricted OHV use in our backcountry. This includes the monitoring of trails to ensure riders are using spark arresters, and ‘stealth’ mufflers. The system is designed to provide quality trails for motorcycles and ATV’s less than 50” in width. It will eventually provide loop trails identified by difficulty level (Green, Blue, Black) and user group.
Golf, wine tours, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, shopping, site seeing, fishing, boating, water sports, horseback riding, etc.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 10 2016 - Jun 11 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Cleaning||$114 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$380|
Payment is accepted via email transfer or PayPal. A Deposit of $500 is required at time of booking, with remaining balance due two weeks prior to stay.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Private marina with very low rates, in cottage laundry, two pools, water play park, tennis courts, restaurant, store, fitness room, water sports, and very close to Kelowna and Vernon.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Lake View
- autumn foliage
- recreation center
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Please note that the third bedroom is an open loft.
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Cottage: Air conditioned, fully furnished, beautiful lake views, deck, barbeque, television, dvd/stereo, washer/dryer, quality linens. Resort: Marina and boat launch, private lakefront, 3 floating aqua parks and slide, swimming pools, hot tub, mini golf course, tennis courts, children’s playground and beach volleyball court, barbeques and family picnic area, events centre with movie theatre and upper deck dining, exercise equipment and games tables, and miles of crown land with walking trails.