1600 sq. Ft. Home, Privacy Fence, Screened in Solar Heated Pool Home with Garage
Charles and Marie Pogue
Why Charles and Marie Pogue chose Loma Linda
We vacation and visit friends and family in Florida and we use this home frequently. It is close to our family and is a comfortable home away from home for us.
What makes this House unique
The property is close to local restaurants, services and area attractions but yet it isn't close enough that the area is flooded with tourists and the heavy traffic of hotels on International Drive and other areas built up around tourists. It's a very urban setting and a quiet area.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
It was great!!
This is a perfect place. After standing in line all day dealing with all the people at the local attractions , it was great to come back to a private pool and have some time away from all the people.
I was able to make breakfast in the morning, we're took lunch with us and some nights we made dinner and some nights we ate out. So much better than staying in a hotel.
I will recommend this to anyone wanting to do everything Orlando. Traffic is a bit much sometimes but isn't it always around a big city.
We are planning to stay there again.
The Reynolds family
This home was great for our business trip. Had everything we needed and allowed us to escape work each evening. The pool was wonderful as well.
I recommend this house anytime, thank you to the owner for let us enjoy our family vacation on this nice house.
Felt like home
We stayed in the Loma Linda property. We felt very at home and comfortable in your home. We had everything we needed for the stay we enjoyed cooking a home cooked meal. We were in a great location for all the parks and even a little trip to Daytona beach! Thanks for lending us the comfort of your home! We would definitely book again.
Perfect house for our trip!
This house was great! Having 3 bathrooms definitely made things very easy. The bedrooms and kitchen were great; everything was very clean. The pool was nice too! I have no complaints, and my only request would have been having extra toilet paper provided. Very good location for a trip to Disney!
An honest 3 star review for Loma Linda #7078346 (10 night stay)
1. The house layout is great. Three bedrooms & three baths was the perfect size for our family (2 children, 2 adults).
2. The price was great. Hard to beat for an off-season rental.
3. The pool was awesome. Nice and sunny in the late morning and early afternoon and shady in the early morning and early evening, just when you're longing for some coolness. The covered seating area (with an overhead fan!) was perfect for an adult to sit in the shade while the kiddos swim their hearts out. I also really appreciated the bathroom that's adjacent to the pool. It kept the floors from getting wet with swimmers coming and going to the bathroom.
4. Nice amount of towels for swimmers.
5. Very clean house! Also, decor is outdated but still tasteful. Its funny drinking out of Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday coffee mugs in August!
6. Roku in Master and great Wifi access.
7. Well stocked kitchen (pots & pans, etc.) with place settings for 6 and lots of water glasses.
Now, for the negatives:
1. Do not expect any paper products and basic household items to be supplied. Be prepared to purchase the following: paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning sponges, cleaning products, laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, garbage bags, coffee filters, and kleenex. I realize its not required of rentals to supply these items, but I've stayed in more than a dozen rental homes through VRBO, and ALL of them had these basic items available. We'd rather not incur an additional cleaning fee, so we purchased what we needed and left the extras in the home for anyone coming after us. In the end, I'd say we spent an extra $50 on supplies for our 10 night stay. Not a huge amount, but no one wants to go shopping for these items on vacation day 1.
2. No spices available for cooking. There were 2 salt shakers, one with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the other completely empty and 2 pepper shakers with stale pepper.
3. Thermostat is locked at 75 degrees F and will not allow you to set it any lower. When you spend all day running around at theme parks in 90 degree heat + humidity, it's nice to return to a cool house. You get no reprieve here. Sleeping at night was very uncomfortable. If it weren't for the ceiling fans, it would have been unbearable.
4. Appliances are older and have issues: The oven bakes unevenly (the top element is broken) and the microwave has hotspots.
5. Beds are ok but not great. Pillows desperately need to be replaced
We take all reviews of our vacation villa serious regardless of the content being positive or negative. We are of the opinion that honest villa reviews will help us to make villa improvements for our future house guest.
The following are responses to the negative concerns of a recent house guest.
1. Do not expect any paper products and basic household items (?) to be supplied. Be prepared to purchase the following: paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning sponges, cleaning products, laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, garbage bags, coffee filters, and Kleenex.
Comment: We do provide one roll of toilet paper per bathroom, in our case we have three fully functional bathrooms with TP. Paper towels, cleaning sponges, laundry detergent dishwashing detergent, garbage bags, coffee filters, and Kleenex tissues all items we are not permitted to leave in the villa for arriving guest. Our cleaning agency regulates the removal of all such items for control and safety of future house guest. We hope by removing such items we will prevent accidental ingestion and/or allergic reactions of toxic chemicals. Removal means house guest will be responsible for purchasing, controlling, and storing of these items to prevent handling by visiting house guest (Children). Paper towels, cleaning sponges, coffee filters and Kleenex tissues handled by previous guest shall be removed from villa.
2. No spices available for cooking, 2 salt shakers one with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the other completely empty and 2 pepper shakers with stale pepper. These items should have been removed by house cleaner. Cleaners were instructed to always remove such items.
3. The thermostat is locked on 75 degrees. We did not realize the inside temperature of villa was not comfortable during the day and especially at night for sleeping. We are sorry had we known I would have immediately adjusted the air condition unit.
4. The appliances are older and have issues. The oven bakes uneven, microwave has hot spots. We apologize and are in the process of making long term improvements to villa. From cleaning top burners cleaners sometime dislodge element from the receiver receptacle. Element needs be pushed back into receiver receptacle.
Again I hope future guest read this complete guest and owner review of our villa. We have made many improvements in villa and will continue.
to prevent newly arriving house guest (Children) from injesting
The rental property is located 12 short miles from Disney World, 19 miles from Sea World, Orlando and 22 miles from Universal Studios, Orlando.