House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
This is a great rental for a great price.
Everything you need to enjoy a week excursion into the Caribbean lifestyle is here. Not to mention our screened-in patio has some of the BEST sunset viewpoints on the island. (Directly over the Sea of Abaco)
Just down the hill there is a shared, private dock for a small rental-sized boat. This dock is an excellent "jumping off " point to swim in the beautiful Sea of Abaco.
The Hummingbird is a smoke-free, spacious, bright, open-plan, octagonal home with 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, living/dining room, central air and ceiling fans. For the slow days, we have wifi, satellite TV, and a smartphone-friendly sound system. It is also just next door to the Sea Turtle Treehouse so if you have a group this would be ideal. (contact us and we can help make arrangements)
The quaint historic village of New Plymouth is about three miles away where you will find grocery stores; restaurants; a liquor store; post office; public library; museum and a bank. There are beautiful beaches close by and reachable by foot, boat, or economical golf cart.
Qaint and Homey
About the Owner
(2 traveler reviews)
Qaint and Homey
We had a wonderful vacation on Green Turtle Cay. Our rental home was everything we expected and more. Anything you might need was in the house. If you choose to cook your own meals, there is limited supplies in the grocery stores but we were really impressed with the seafood shop in New Plymoth, we had fresh seafood every day. Snorkeling was the best we have ever experienced. We even took a scuba course - this little Island is fortunate to have a Dive Centre like Brindles. Todd supplied great information before we left for our holiday and we found it really helpful. I would highly recommend this terrific home!
It simply does not get any better than this! If your looking for a vacation and an adventure than look no further. My wife and I and several friends spent two weeks on green turtle basking in the sun and relaxing at several of the beachs on and around green turtle. We rented a boat from sunset marine for the two weeks we were there. The dock at the treehouses made coming and going very convenient. There is a marina on the other side just a short walk from the treehouse to dock over night. We boated to nippers for the Sunday BBQ and had a blast! We also boated down to hope town and had breakfast and explored the light house. There are many amazing reefs and coral heads to snorkel or dive, of which we did almost everyday. The people were very friendly and helpful! The owners of the hummingbird can recommend everything that you would need or want to do while on green turtle. I found this to be a huge help when it came to planning our activities and boat, and golf cart rental. I can't wait to go back! We are already planning our next trip, and we will be staying at the hummingbird treehouse for sure!
Activity and Interests
This area is truly where people come to get away from it all.
The Abaco Island chain has some of the most beautiful/secluded beaches in the world and some of the bluest water in the Carribean.
You will not find large resorts or tourist attractions here... and that is why so many people love it! There are, however, a number of small charming restaurants, bars and shoppes nearby.
Beaches / Diving / Fishing / Sailing / Peace & Quiet
>>However<< - If you want fun and excitement... jump on board the "Booze Cruise" (at Brendal's Dive Shop) and enjoy a day-excursion to Guana Cay (45 min boat ride) where you can party the day away at the world-famous NIPPERS beach club & party hot spot and retreat at sunset to the peace & quiet of our home-away-from-home.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $175 - $200
Weekly Rate: $1000 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $3000 - $4000
We recommend / prefer weekly & monthly rentals.
You will not want to leave anyhow!! :)
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
- Water View
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Master Bathroom
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Guest Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 3 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Living Room
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single, Guest Bedroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Master Bedroom
- Deck / Patio
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- **Recently Renovated** - Wood Floors -Satellite TV (with VCR, DVD player) -Sound system with CD player and smartphone-friendly connectors -WIFI Internet -Selection of books for those who want to sit on the deck and enjoy a good book. -Sleeps up to 6 The master bedroom has a Queen bed and bathroom with shower. The 2nd bedroom has 2 single beds and bathroom with tub. The living room has a couch/futon for 2 extra guests. -New Appliances -Full Kitchen -New Washer / Dryer on premises -Linens, bath towels and beach towels provided -Wrap-around deck, screened in porch area with table and chairs as well as outdoor lounge chairs for those of you who want catch a tan or enjoy the stars at night. The view of the Sea of Abaco is outstanding especially at sunset!!