House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 8 people sleep comfortably - floor space for 4
Waterfront house sits on 7 acres of private land overlooking Salmon Reservoir. If you like total privacy, this is the place for you. Salmon Reservoir is 8 miles long and known for salmon fishing, walleye, perch and pike. September and October are most attractive months due to fall foilage and fishing.
Full access to water for swimming, boating and fishing (boat not provided)
**Life Jackets provided**
Boat launch down the road
Ideal family getaway
3 Bedrooms with double bed in each room.
Game room has double futon sofa/bed that can be used as 4th bedroom
Great summer get away
About the Owner
4.6 based on 11 traveler reviews
600 Waterbury Road Redfield, NY
Outstanding! The place was clean and very comfortable. Big screen and hi-def TV was nice as was WIFI (as advertised). Price was VERY reasonable. Mark was always prompt with responses to any notes that I sent to him. If there is any negative, it is the water quality. There is a distinct smell of sulfur in the water supply. The water cooler as well as the several bottles we brought along resolved the problem, but the problem was bothersome. For several adult men going salmon fishing, that's one thing, but I would consider renting the property for my family (including grandchildren) during the summer if it were not for that problem. I don't know if it is "fixable", but it is certainly worth pursuing if possible.
Great summer get away
This home was a perfect spot for late summer getaway. The backyard and lake front was a great way to relax or enjoy yard games with friends. The interior of the house was clean and had everything we needed. Would recommend bring plenty of rafts to enjoy floating on the reservoir.
The perfect secluded family getaway spot!
The property and house were absolutely amazing! It was everything that was advertised and more. The yard was secluded and the reservoir was just gorgeous. The entire family had a blast fishing, kayaking and swimming. The birds were great to watch and we even had the pleasure of observing several bald eagles!
The house it self was well stocked with plenty of kitchen ware and condiments from previous visitors. We actually brought way more than we needed to. The house was very clean and had all of the modern luxuries to keep us occupied when it rained. Plenty of extra bedding for a few surprise visitors. We had a perfect family vacation and will definitely book again next summer.
Everything you need to relax
Whether it is sitting by the fire, fishing in the lake, jumping off the trampoline into the lake, or reading one of the many books available to guests this house has what you need. Location is remote, but there's falls near by to do a hike. We would definitely go back!
Weekend on the Reservoir.
We enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The owners were A+ to work with, the many huge windows in this home give excellent views of the east end of salmon reservoir, we caught lots of smallmouth and rock bass while out on our boat which we were able to keep right at the dock, My family and kids had a great time and we will look to rent again in the future.
Awesome private getaway!
This is a beautiful home in a great location. The best feature of this property is the location. It's located on a huge, private waterfront lot with lots of room to spread out and have family fun. This part of the reservoir is very secluded so there isn't a lot of boat traffic. The lake is great for swimming, paddling, boating, fishing, or just sitting back with a cold one and enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. Our party of six adults and a one-year-old had a an amazing time here. We are all planning on coming back next summer, hopefully for a longer stay!
The house itself has everything you need. The kitchen was well-stocked and there was a gas grill outside. In the evening there is a large fire pit for campfires. It rained for one of our nights, but there's plenty of room and activities indoors. We had a blast playing board games and ping pong for the night.
The hosts were very accommodating and easy to work with. They truly want you to enjoy yourself, and it shows.
Activity and Interests
Boating, Swimming, Kayaking, Canoeing *life jackets included*
Within 30-60 miles from
* Oswego (Fort Ontario, Safe Haven Museum, Speedway, SUNY Oswego)
* Rome (Ft. Stanwix, West Rome Drive In, Erie Canal Village)
* Syracuse (Carousel Center Mall, Syracuse Chiefs Baseball, MOST, Burnett Park Zoo)
* Old Forge (Water Safari/Enchanted Forest, Macauley Mtn, Adirondack Museum)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Television ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double
- Bedroom 3 - 1 king
- One upper bedroom has a king size bed Two upper bedrooms have a full size bed Game room downstairs has a full size sofa/futon bed
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- First floor includes full kitchen with stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, crockpot and cookware. Laundry room with washer and dryer. Full bathroom with shower tub. Dining room, reading room and open living room with TV/DVD and pellet furnace. Game room with ping pong table. Books to read, wii games, board games and plenty of yard space for outdoor play. (bocce, badmintion, croquet) Upstairs includes master bedroom with King size bed, closet, ceiling fan and balcony overlooking water. 2 bedrooms with double bed, closet and ceiling fan. Full bathroom with shower/tub Outdoor picnic table with benches and gas grill, basketball hoop and badminton. Outdoor patio with furniture Clothesline No smoking indoors or pets allowed due to owners' asthma and allergies Towels and Linens provided. To see more photos, go to Facebook 'Vacation Summer Home for Rent Salmon Reservoir'