Cottage, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 10 Sleeps
The Sandy Beaches of Lake Ontario – the Perfect Place to “Get Away.”
Whether you are looking for a place to build memories with your children or need a romantic weekend away, our waterfront cottage is the perfect location. Located a stone’s throw away from the water’s edge of Lake Ontario, our sand beach cottage is the ultimate place to relax. Our cottage is located one (1) hour north of Syracuse, NY between Southwick Beach and Westcott Beach State Parks and is within an easy drive of the 1000 Islands and only a few minutes south of historic Sacket's Harbor.
While there you can take advantage of the miles of sand beach for an early morning run or a leisurely evening stroll. Black Pond Wildlife Management Area, offering world class bird watching opportunities, is located just north of the cottage and makes the perfect destination for beach combers as it is easily accessible by foot. If your idea of a vacation is spending all the day in a beach chair with your toes in the sand, our cottage is the perfect get away complete with a beachside fire pit where you can enjoy S’mores while watching the incredible sunsets that Lake Ontario is famous for. After a long, fun filled day on the beach, fall asleep with out a care in the world, listening to waves crash on the beach.
The cottage features 2 recently renovated units with 2 bedrooms and a full kitchen and full bath in each unit - Sleeps 10. This arrangement works great. You can spend all day with friends and family together on the 100’ of private sand beach and then return to the privacy of your own quarters when the day is through. Don’t worry, if you choose to only reserve one unit, the other unit remains empty – you will not be sharing the property with other guests.
The upper unit has two bedrooms plus a pullout Sofa in the Great Room – Sleeps 4-6, deck overlooking the beach. The lower unit has two bedrooms – Sleeps 4. The kitchens are fully appointed with new appliances including a Refrigerator/freezer, stove, microwave, cookware and coffee maker. Also includes a gas grill on the patio. The upper unit features a 20ft. X 17ft. Great Room with views of theLake. No pets or smoking allowed.
About the Owner
About Jon Schmidt
Our family of five loves spending time at the cottage and look forward to heading up for long weekends in the spring and fall and, of course, spending several weeks there each summer.
I grew up in Pennsylvania going to the Jersey “shore” for summer vacations. My wife grew up not far from our cottage and remembers lazy summer days at Southwick Beach.
Our cottage offers the “shore” feel that I longed for without the crowds and the salt water – the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives.
Jon Schmidt purchased this cottage in 2006
Why Jon Schmidt chose Lake Ontario
When we began looking for a vacation home we wanted something that would meet the needs of our young and growing family now and in the future. The primary reason we chose the Jefferson Park area was the miles of pristine sand beach that other areas did not offer. My wife grew up not far from our cottage and has fond memories of spending summer days at the beach. With family still in the area, Jefferson Park was the perfect place for our family of five.
Ten years later our entire family now looks forward to spending time at the cottage. Our children love spending time on the beach with their cousins and my wife gets to spend quality time with her siblings. I love watching our children run up and down the beach, laughing and making memories of their own.
From the Owner
“When we began looking for a vacation home we wanted something that would meet the needs of our young and growing family now and in the future. The primary reason we chose the Jefferson Park area was the miles of pristine sand beach that other areas did not offer. My wife grew up not far from our cottage and has fond memories of spending summer days at the beach. With family still in the area, Jefferson Park was the perfect place for our family of five. Ten years later our entire family now looks forward to spending time at the cottage. Our children love spending time on the beach with their cousins and my wife gets to spend quality time with her siblings. I love watching our children run up and down the beach, laughing and making memories of their own.”
Activity and Interests
* Miles of Sand Beach in each direction
* Charter Boat Fishing
* Sacket's Harbor (15 minutes)
* Southwick's Beach State Park
* Black Pond Wildlife Management Area
* Old McDonald's Farm
* Area Restaurants/Ice Cream Shops
* Cooper's Landing Family Restaurant
* Ryan's Lookout
* Chrissy Beanz Coffee Shop
* Barracks Inn
* Sacket's Harbor Brewing Company
* The Trolley (Ice Cream)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
2017 Off Season (S) - 2 units
Apr 23 2017 - May 25 2017
2 night minimum stay
2017 June Rates - 2 units
May 26 2017 - Jun 16 2017
2 night minimum stay
2017 In Season - 2 units
Jun 17 2017 - Sep 1 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
2017 September Rates - 2 units
Sep 2 2017 - Oct 8 2017
2 night minimum stay
2017 Off Season (F) - 2 units
Oct 9 2017 - Nov 11 2017
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $125 - $250
Weekly Rate: $725 - $1975
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
In Season Rentals are Saturday to Saturday with a Check In time of 2 PM and a Check Out time of 11 AM.
Shoulder and Off Season Rentals require a 2-night minimum stay. Holiday Weekends (Memorial Day/Columbus Day) require a 3-night minimum stay (Friday - Sunday). Check Is 2 PM and Check Out is 11 AM.
In Season Rental Rates - June 17 - September 2, 2017:
* Weekly Rate (2 units): $1,975
Shoulder Season Rental Rates - May 26 - June 17, 2017 and September 2 - October 9, 2017:
* Weekly Rate (1 unit/2 units):$850/$1200
* Holiday Weekend (Friday - Sunday Night) (1 unit/2 units): $175/$250
* Nightly Rate - Friday or Saturday Night (1 unit/2 units): $175/$250
* Nightly Rate - Sunday - Thursday Night (1 unit/2 units): $135/$210
* Nightly Rate - Four (4) or more nights* (1 unit/2 units): $135/$210
*May include Friday and/or Saturday Night, excludes Holiday Weekends
Off Season Rental Rates - April 23 - May 26, 2017 and October 9 - September - November 9, 2017:
* Weekly Rate (1 unit/2 units): $725/$1025
* Nightly Rate - Friday or Saturday Night (1 unit/2 units): $165/$225
* Nightly Rate - Sunday - Thursday Night (1 unit/2 units): $125/$170
* Nightly Rate - Four (4) or more nights* (1 unit/2 units): $125/$170
*May include Friday and/or Saturday Night
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Away From It All
- Heating ...
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- sound/bay fishing
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- The top unit has a queen bed in the front bedroom and a single/double bunk bed in the back bedroom. There is also a pull out queen sofa bed in the great room. The bottom unit has a double bed in the front bedroom and two single beds in the back bedroom.
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Satellite TV * DVD Player(s) * Ceiling Fans * Baseboard Heat * Outdoor Shower * Gas Grill * Picnic Table * Queen Bed (1) * Double Bed (1) * Double/Single Bunk bed * Single Beds (2) * Pullout Queen Sofa * Fully stocked Kitchens (2) * Stoves (2) * Ovens (2) * Refrigerators (2) * Microwaves (2) * Toasters (2) * Fire Pit on Beach * Water Treatment System * Deck overlooking Beach/Lake * Covered Patio