Cottage, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
With an 83 walking score, the Piedmont Cottage is a modern take on the classic mother-in-law unit, which will provide you with a personal touch & economical alternative to staying in a hotel/motel in the city. Located directly across the street from the Historic Peninsula Park Rose Garden, and minutes to Downtown Portland, this open, light-filled, urban space is fully furnished with everything you need whether you are visiting PDX for a few days or for an extended stay. We designed the cottage to be a tranquil, meditative, efficient, green friendly environment, which combines both comfort & practicality in its incredible 300 sq footprint. Though it is technically a studio (one room) the extra 70 square foot sleeping loft, vaulted 14 foot ceilings and private bath combine to make the space feel much larger than it is --- it is also a completely separate & standalone building. The cottage shares a Zen garden complete with pond & waterfall, lots of bamboo rustling in the breeze, custom rock wall fire pit & fully landscaped yard space. Perfect for reflecting, bbq’ing, reading, relaxing, happy-houring or whatever your heart desires.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
It was perfect for the two of us & being across from the rose garden was a wonderful surprise! Thank you guys for making another trip to Portland a success!
Kelly & William
Kansas City, Missouri
(11 traveler reviews)
My boyfriend and I stayed at Piedmont Cottage for the February break, and it was even better than we anticipated. Portland is such a beautiful, unique city and staying at the cottage made the experience that much better. When we arrived, the cottage was emaculate. We met Heather and she gave us so many great suggestions for places to go around the city and close to home. The cottage was only about a block away from the bus as well, so we were able to experience the city freely and comfortably. We cooked our breakfast in the cutest kitchen, were given a bottle of wine for our stay (a perfect treat for Valentine's day), and were able to have a private home-away-from-home, which is just what we wanted. The space felt HUGE for a tiny home, as well. We will definitely be back and can not thank Topher and Heather enough for providing us with such an amazing place to stay!
Just about perfect.
OMG- This place is such a little gem. We stayed for two nights in December, and even with the very rainy weather were very comfortable. I should also mention my Husband is very, very tall. Even with his height we just loved this little place. The design is thoughful, and there are lots of little details that really make it feel like a home away from home. The kids, boys 6 and 14 had a blast. We are definately planning to come back. I think it might just top the list of our favorite VRBO like places to stay with the kids- ever. Thanks.
Loved this place! It may be tiny in size, but I thought big on style & comfort. But, the high ceilings gave the place a surprising feel of spaciousness. The small waterfall pond with bamboo outside gave the place a zen feeling. I was concerned about sleeping in the loft, but never slept so well. Good old Portland neighborhood with one of the most beautiful rose gardens. Max is close with a quick ride to town center. Owners friendly. Great stay!
Great Little Cottage
This was a great location for our family. The cottage had everything we needed and was very clean. We really enjoyed being across the street from the park and there were a number of restaurants and places to visit within a short drive or walk.
You will not be disappointed! This tiny house is perfect for a short or extended stay in Portland. It is clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. It is in a beautiful location by Peninsula Park - perfect location for visiting our grandsons. Everything you need is provided. Owners are wonderful!
Perfect in Portland.
The cottage was both adorable and amazing. Had everything we needed. It was located in a lovely and quet neighborhood just outside of the city. With traffic, it was a minuscule 10 minutes to the city. And there are plenty of places near the cottage as well. The owners were great and responsive. Definitely would stay here again and again.
Activity and Interests
* Many of Portland’s finest restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bookstores & boutiques within walking/biking distance or by public transportation
* 5 minutes to the heart of Downtown by car.
* 2 blocks to frequent bus routes, 8 blocks to MAX
* Bike friendly
* 10 blocks to beautiful Historic Mississippi District, 20 blocks to Alberta Arts District
* 5 blocks to 1-5 N/S
* Peninsula Park Rose Garden & Community Center & Pool directly across the street.
* New Season’s market & grocery just 8 blocks away
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Nightly Rate: $78 - $98
Weekly Rate: $515 - $645
Monthly Rate: $1650 - $18
* $78 per night, $88 Friday & Saturday nights, 2 night minimum stay for 2 persons or less
* $515 - $645 per week depending on season
* Monthly rates available & rates for 3 or more persons available.
* A $55 cleaning & laundering fee is required at the end of the stay.
* 50-100% deposit is required
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Outdoor Grill
- * Garden-View open pane doors * Bamboo floors * Original artwork by the owner * Mini Kitchen with fine cookware & utensils, microwave, toaster, french press * Outdoor sitting area with patio * All cotton bedding & towels * Memory foam queen size mattress in sleeping loft. Fold out couch/bed available, to accommodate up to 4 people, please inquire as to pricing for 3 or more persons. * Free Wi-Fi * Free laundry facilities in the house. * A/C & heat * Ready-to-fire charcoal grill * Ample street parking & alley entrance if needed * Separate guest entrance along side of main house * Tandem cruiser available for guests to take for a spin & leisurely ride around the town, pedal powered * Hand crafted soaps & oils from Sanctuary Naturals provided for your convenience & pleasure