|Minimum Stay||31 nights|
This beautiful 160 years old apartment stands in the heart of historic Old Québec, within the ancient city walls at two corner of the Chateau Frontenac. You will enjoyed the old and full of history stone walls, the 12 feet high ceiling, the beautiful hard wood floor but also you will benefit from its modern and recently renovated environment.
Services included : Electricity, Air conditioning, high-speed Internet
2 bedrooms (Queen bed), Laundry room, one bathroom with bath/shower, fully equipped kitchen, dining room for 6, Espresso machine, living room with queen sofa bed and one single air bed, stereo system, Flat screen TV, DVD, film library
- Weekly cleaning not included ($75) CAD
- Espresso machine provided
- no smoking
- no pet
- parking included (in summer season only June/July/August)
- All prices are in CAD
We had a wonderful time exploring Quebec City from this beautiful apartment. Our host was wonderful to work with and thought of many details to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. We would highly recommend this property to anyone looking to spend time in Quebec. It accommodated 4 adults and 2 children easily. Thanks for everything!
Leslie from Virginia
A well appointed apartment and value for money. We loved hearing the clip clop of the horses outside our bedroom windows pulling carriages with visitors around this great city. The city walls and gates so close and a short walk to the Chateau Frontenac at the end of our street. The key system for both front and back worked well and the use of the basement laundry was a bonus for travellers. The kitchen anticipated all our needs. Chris and Sarah were very obliging allowing us late checkout to suit our train departure timetable. Lucky enough to meet Chris on our checkout and was able to put a face to an otherwise email only communication. We would highly recommend this apartment and again thank Sarah and Chris for their hospitality.
Ron & Linda - Australia
Walk to everything with countless restaurants within step of your door. The kitchen is well appointed so if you want to eat in, you have pretty much what you need. Although the apartment is on the 1st floor of a main street, the city quiets down after 10:30pm for a good night sleep. Ez, the new owner was very helpful when we had internet issues and got the repair person there to fix it. We would stay here again.
The apartment was well decorated and had everything needed if you wanted to cook some meals. We could walk everywhere and when we needed a rest, take a break back at the apartment. The tub surround needed a good scrubbing and some repairs, but the rest of the place was well maintained. The major issue for us was that the bedrooms are on the first floor on the sidewalk of a busy street, so the street noise of both early morning traffic and late night revelers made for some difficult sleeping. All in all we think it was good value for the money.
A great location in the old town, however disappointing after reading so many great reviews. This is an old apartment and the bathroom is in need of work and general maintenance. Kitchen not so clean and fridge filled with half used cartons and bottles (which we did not use or appreciate). Bedroom windows right on the street so very noisy when trying to sleep, especially since the internal windows had been removed and were waiting replacement - this was not mentioned by the owner Chris at any time. The only air conditioner is in the bathroom window and it doesn't reach the rest of the apartment. We left a day early to go to a hotel to escape the street noise and get some sleep. We contacted Chris, who had not been great at previous responses to emails, seeking some recompense as apartment was not as advertised. While he promised to get back to us we are still waiting.
I'll try to cover all the details- but in a nutshell, this was a memorable vacation in every aspect. We loved staying at Chris's condo.
To break it down-
1. Arrival: It was pouring out, the streets were crowded and so we went behind the apartment to unload. BAD IDEA: Even though we were sprinting with the bags, in and out in less than three minutes, a lady came in with a silver mini-van and started screaming at my husband. She then parked in such a way that there was no access to the back door- needless to say we had the front door key at that point.
2. A bit frazzled by the neighbor & had trouble with the parking pass- but on second try, got into the garage successfully (we called the care taker and he was willing to help asap, no need) and the parking lot- a five minute walk was awesome! It dumps you right out near major highways for travel outside of Old Quebec, such as the Montmorency Falls and the mountains (more reviews!) The walking and travel around the city is effortless- very easy.
3. The location- beyond words what an amazing location! La Rue De St Louis is a main street that leads to the Hotel Frantenac and to the Terrace. It feels safe day and night. Across the street is the park, behind you the Citadel and across the street and down the hill the most vibrant of streets- some closed off to traffic. Our favorite walk was to La Rue de St Jean- an eclectic neighborhood away from crowds & some of the best dining, bars & shops. Not touristy.
4. The apartment was clean & cute. It is not big- perfect for a family of 4 but can't imagine more than 4. I know there is a pullout, but it would be tight. No noise from street. The apartment felt like a little oasis when in it- It was a great night sleep. The beds were very comfortable! The water pressure excellent and the air conditioner in the bathroom was great- also the fans in the bedrooms worked very well. We were never hot & it was a VERY hot week.
5. Recommendations for apartment: A. more lamps. I hate overhead lights but it is a very dark apartment. I took a lamp out of the bedroom for the living area so a light wouldn't be on over my heard. B. More towels, *Wash clothes. We were a family of four but only three towels. No wash clothes. C. Didn't Find Laundry area -a note with apt tips would help.
6. Chris was responsive and accommodating during the planning!
7. Money exchange is across the street from the apartment.
8. I am gluten free & food choices were ample!
Sue D. Windsor, CT
Chris' condo was pretty perfect for our needs. Three rooms and a fully functioning bath make it big enough and private enough when you want that. The decor is pleasant. We cooked much of the time and the kitchen is nicely furnished. There are two entry doors, front with a key and rear with a combination handset. This worked particularly well for our 15 year old grandson who would want to return to the condo on his own while his grandma and I were still exploring the Old City. Of course the location, just inside the city walls, is ideal. All in all, it was a fine stay at the condo and well worth the price.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
31 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
All prices are in CAD
Additional $75 for cleaning fee on all rentals