House, 2 Bedrooms plus loft sleeping area 2 Baths, Sleeps 7
This is the ONLY real log cabin home on 4+ acres at/above the treeline in Kachina Village with a view of the San Francisco Peaks. Enjoy over 900 square feet of private decking with patio furniture, bird and hummingbird feeder, large propane BBQ grill, flowers, and a chiminea(wood included) to enjoy the cool evenings. Watch the wildlife including elk from the decks or front porch where they have worn a path over the years or just walk the property (80 foot elevation change) from top to bottom and find your own quiet spot to reflect. In winter take one of the many sleds and slide down the natural private 300 yard sledding run; in summer take the inflatable kayak to one of the nearby lakes or Slide Rock state park.
Want a workout? Why pay to go to a local gym - feel free to use the Bowflex machine, free weights, or Treadmill while you watch your favorite video/show on the 42' flatscreen high-def TV with surround sound. Sore yet? Go for a soak in your own private hot tub and relax! There is a second TV downstairs in the dining area.
Enjoy the many books and DVDs in the entertainment center or just pick a HBO or Showtime movie to enjoy. Enjoy board games or the air hockey table. Enjoy views of the forest from every room - your nearest neighbor is over 80 yards away.
2nd time staying and want to make it a 3rd!
About the Owner
4.9 based on 44 traveler reviews
2nd time staying and want to make it a 3rd!
We stayed here a second time in Apri or May, I can't remember since it's been a while but loved the cabin every bit as much as the first time! Jack was super nice again and we can't wait to go up a third time. It's quiet, cozy, and perfect for a relaxing trip. It's really hard to pack up and leave this place!
The cabin was beautiful and very charming. It was stocked with everything you could need. The owners were prompt in answering questions. This is in a neighborhood and the 4 acres extends from the backyard down hill. The hot tub setting is amazingly beautiful. We plan to return next summer.
Fun time in flagstaff
Great log home. Rustic charm in a great location. Made our Grand Canyon, Sedona, Flagstaff trip perfect - Close to all three. Great decor whole family enjoyed. Amazing decks well supplied.
Owner communicated great for access. Thanks for having us.
Family Summer Getaway
My family and I wanted to explore the outdoors in Flagstaff and northern Arizona area and Jack's cabin offered a great location. There were endless hiking trails nearby and a couple fishing holes that allowed everyone in our family to enjoy. After a day of exploring, Jack's cabin offered the comfort of a warm fire and a book to relax, a fire pit outside to roast s'mores, and a grill to cook. Jack was a pleasure to work with and his cabin offered up everything a family needed to explore, relax, and enjoy each other. We will definitely will return.
We go to Flagstaff once a year for our daughters soccer tourneys and this year we rented this fabulous cabin with fantastic views. The cabin is very roomy and has everything you need for you and your family. I think the best part was after a long day of tournaments was getting to relax in the hot tub with a full moon.
We would highly recommend renting this cabin.
We chose to stay here for NAU graduation weekend to keep out of the hustle and bustle. It was phenomenal! The cabin was as advertised and had all of the comforts of home. We only needed to buy food. Everything else was provided. The location was quiet and surrounded by pine trees. The owner was very communicative and made sure everything was going smoothly during our stay. We only stayed for 3 nights, but I would love to stay for a longer time in the future!
Activity and Interests
On the Property: hot tub, short hiking trail/sledding hill, views, wildlife. Aspen and oak leaves typically turn brilliant red and yellow through October.
Within one mile: forest service roads and trails for hiking/biking/ATVs/snowmobiles Gas station and store with local information and great cold beer selection Kachina Wetlands trail/birding area basketball court picnic tables baseball field and kid's play area
Within 12 miles: Slide Rock state park, golf, tennis, Lake Mary - fishing, boating, jet-skiing, downtown Flagstaff with restaurants, brewpubs, yoga, art galleries, aquatic center, NAU with Arizona Cardinals practices in August, Fort Tuthill with concerts and outdoor venues in summer. Downtown Sedona and Arizona Snowbowl are 22 miles away.
Within an hour and 15 minute drive: Grand canyon and Grand canyon RR, Verde River attractions/casino, Indian Ruins, Meteor and Sunset Crater, 5 fishing/jet ski lakes.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
labor day weekend
Sep 2 2016 - Sep 5 2016
3 night minimum stay
Nov 23 2016 - Nov 27 2016
4 night minimum stay
Christmas/ New Years
Dec 16 2016 - Jan 8 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
There is a fully refundable housekeeping deposit, a rental contract, and payment through PayPal.
Standard Rates: $250/night for 6 people maximum, 2 night minimum except holidays. $1600-/weekly - 8th night free if on a Monday - Wednesday night except holidays.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- live theater
- 2100 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, This is a large upstairs loft with a queen futon
- 3rd bedroom is a loft which is great for children
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- 2 full bedrooms with a loft. Master is upstairs with a private bath and 240 sq ft. deck and a 20 mile view to 8000+ ft Mormon Mountain. Cherrywood king size sleighbed with premium mattress, linens, and comforter/electric blanket. Second private bedroom on the main level has a queen bed with premium mattress, linens, comforter, and electric blanket and a view of the front elevation of the property with 70 foot pine trees and a natural gully. Upstairs loft has the entertainment center with stereo and CD player, futon, air mattress (2nd one available) and a view of the peaks and can sleep 4 people comfortably- this is great for kids! There is a laundry room with storage, washer and dryer. You will have a large stone fireplace in the living room, 10 year old flowering plants, Restoration Hardware full leather sofa and chairs with Southwest and native furnishings. You will have central heat and ceiling fans and a space heater. The fully equipped kitchen has a granite countertop and island with a 4 burner gas Jenn Air stove and electric oven, a SubZero refrigerator with double freezer sections, coffee maker and espresso maker and all the appliances, flatware and cutlery you will need. Both full size bathrooms have towels/linens, and paper products. Enjoy the wood celings and exposed log beams in all rooms.