House, 2 Bedrooms plus loft sleeping area 2 Baths, Sleeps 7
This is the ONLY real log cabin home on 4+ acres at/above the treeline in Kachina Village with a view of the San Francisco Peaks. Enjoy over 900 square feet of private decking with patio furniture, bird and hummingbird feeder, large propane BBQ grill, flowers, and a chiminea(wood included) to enjoy the cool evenings. Watch the wildlife including elk from the decks or front porch where they have worn a path over the years or just walk the property (80 foot elevation change) from top to bottom and find your own quiet spot to reflect. In winter take one of the many sleds and slide down the natural private 300 yard sledding run; in summer take the inflatable kayak to one of the nearby lakes or Slide Rock state park.
Want a workout? Why pay to go to a local gym - feel free to use the Bowflex machine, free weights, or Treadmill while you watch your favorite video/show on the 42' flatscreen high-def TV with surround sound. Sore yet? Go for a soak in your own private hot tub and relax! There is a second TV downstairs in the dining area.
Enjoy the many books and DVDs in the entertainment center or just pick a HBO or Showtime movie to enjoy. Enjoy board games or the air hockey table. Enjoy views of the forest from every room - your nearest neighbor is over 80 yards away.
2nd time staying and want to make it a 3rd!
About the Owner
(53 traveler reviews)
2nd time staying and want to make it a 3rd!
We stayed here a second time in Apri or May, I can't remember since it's been a while but loved the cabin every bit as much as the first time! Jack was super nice again and we can't wait to go up a third time. It's quiet, cozy, and perfect for a relaxing trip. It's really hard to pack up and leave this place!
We had a great time this past weekend. Property was very clean and comfortable . Fireplace is a great touch. Jack did a great job communicating. look forward to coming back again.
Amazingly wonderful cabin
Incredible Cabin to visit. Easy renter made it super easy for us. Had sleds ready for us and really easy. Cabin is beautiful and easy to get to. The property is amazing with large long sledding hills on it. Full kitchen provided with everything u could need. Warm inviting fireplace with great views all around. Would definitely return again and recommend to anyone
Amazing log cabin in a beautiful setting!
Gorgeous and spacious log cabin with a lot of charm. Extra large fireplace and outdoor hot tub made this part of our cross country trip very special. Would hope to stay here again. Jack made everything easy and was a phonecall away to answer any questions.
Beautiful log home near Flagstaff
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The proximity to Flagstaff is great, although the location and the views from the deck into the pines feel like you're far away from town! The cabin is great...roomy with one of the best stocked kitchens we've seen in a holiday rental.
Kachina Village Cabin
Absolutely gorgeous log cabin, huge kitchen, kozy fireplace and a deck with great views. This was an early Christmas gift between my spouse and I and with a bit of snow on the grown made it all that much better! Will definitely be back!!!
Activity and Interests
On the Property: hot tub, short hiking trail/sledding hill, views, wildlife. Aspen and oak leaves typically turn brilliant red and yellow through October.
Within one mile: forest service roads and trails for hiking/biking/ATVs/snowmobiles Gas station and store with local information and great cold beer selection Kachina Wetlands trail/birding area basketball court picnic tables baseball field and kid's play area
Within 12 miles: Slide Rock state park, golf, tennis, Lake Mary - fishing, boating, jet-skiing, downtown Flagstaff with restaurants, brewpubs, yoga, art galleries, aquatic center, NAU with Arizona Cardinals practices in August, Fort Tuthill with concerts and outdoor venues in summer. Downtown Sedona and Arizona Snowbowl are 22 miles away.
Within an hour and 15 minute drive: Grand canyon and Grand canyon RR, Verde River attractions/casino, Indian Ruins, Meteor and Sunset Crater, 5 fishing/jet ski lakes.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 26 2017 - May 29 2017
3 night minimum stay
Sep 1 2017 - Sep 4 2017
3 night minimum stay
Nov 22 2017 - Nov 26 2017
4 night minimum stay
christmas- new year
Dec 22 2017 - Jan 7 2018
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
There is a fully refundable housekeeping deposit, a rental contract, and payment through PayPal.
Standard Rates: $250/night for 6 people maximum, 2 night minimum except holidays. $1600-/weekly - 8th night free if on a Monday - Wednesday night except holidays.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- live theater
- 2100 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, This is a large upstairs loft with a queen futon
- 3rd bedroom is a loft which is great for children
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- 2 full bedrooms with a loft. Master is upstairs with a private bath and 240 sq ft. deck and a 20 mile view to 8000+ ft Mormon Mountain. Cherrywood king size sleighbed with premium mattress, linens, and comforter/electric blanket. Second private bedroom on the main level has a queen bed with premium mattress, linens, comforter, and electric blanket and a view of the front elevation of the property with 70 foot pine trees and a natural gully. Upstairs loft has the entertainment center with stereo and CD player, futon, air mattress (2nd one available) and a view of the peaks and can sleep 4 people comfortably- this is great for kids! There is a laundry room with storage, washer and dryer. You will have a large stone fireplace in the living room, 10 year old flowering plants, Restoration Hardware full leather sofa and chairs with Southwest and native furnishings. You will have central heat and ceiling fans and a space heater. The fully equipped kitchen has a granite countertop and island with a 4 burner gas Jenn Air stove and electric oven, a SubZero refrigerator with double freezer sections, coffee maker and espresso maker and all the appliances, flatware and cutlery you will need. Both full size bathrooms have towels/linens, and paper products. Enjoy the wood celings and exposed log beams in all rooms.