Huge Pool Deck & Pool, Game Room, Pool Table Jacuzzi, Tennis, Bikes, Sunsets,
Truly Amazing! The Blue Pelican has it all, sunset views as well as a striking over-sized 14 ft. x 26 ft. Pool with Waterfall, a Jacuzzi Hydrotheraphy Spa, Luxury, bicycles, table tennis, pool table, fishing gear, tennis rackets, tropical vegetation--all of the needed features for Pampering and Relaxasing in an exceptionally spacious and totally tropical atmosphere at Cape Coral's secure and preferred SW area Lake Mohave, near Westin Resort. Cape Harbor, Rum Runners and down town.
The Blue Pelican is for the discriminate vacation seeking adult or business person who enjoys luxury in a quality island style setting.
The Blue Pelican is a very large (over 2600 sq. ft + 529 sq. ft. garage) waterfront pool and Jacuzzi home that has a 365 sq. ft. Pool with Pebbletec--the visually stunning natural, refined, and old world elegance offered only by Pebble Technology (it's an interior pool finish that is known for its luxurious one of a kind inspiration and relaxation), a virtually vanishing edge, an enchanting sheer descent waterfall, full-access pool stairs, swim-out platform, and heat pump; a free standing Open-Air Shower;
a Jacuzzi brand hydrotherapy spa with changing rainbow lights and waterfall;
an open air, Under Cage area of 1,500 sq. fr.; a totally tropical Master bedroom suite with romantic lighting, King-size bed with memory foam dream mattress, sunken bathtub with view of lake, separate Euro shower with seating bench, expansive vanity with full wall mirror, a large walk-in closed with lots of shelving, hanging rods, mirror, and a sliding door to the terrace and pool; a very cute Guest bedroom with Queen-size bed with memory foam dream mattress, two large closets, spacious adjacent bathroom with walk-in shower, and a French door to terrace and pool; a fun Game room for playing pool and table tennis; a separate Laundry room with LG front loading washer and dryer as well as cabinets, utility sink, and storage closet; a mirrored Bar with wet sink;
a vast Great room with Fanimation ceiling fan, triple stacking sliding doors to the terrace, 65' flat screen LED TV, super relaxing seating, secure and free Wi-FI access.;
a formal Dining area for four, with colorful art work, chandelier lighting, opesn to the great room, has view to lake as well as courtyard; a bon vivant Kitchen with granite counters throughout, new LG appliances, build-in office/computer desk area, semi-formal eating area, and views of pool, terrace, lake, and beyond; oversized 2-car Garage with two (2) bicycles, helmets (bike path runs past home). The home has 12 ft. ceilings as well as Tommy Bahama like furnishings throughout and it offers spectacular 24/7 sun-set views.
Girls Out Weekend
About the Owner
Ingrid grew up in Europe and worked in Germany, England, and France before coming to the USA where she was awarded the Doctor of Education degree. Jerry is a honored veteran of the Vietnam War, a sharp-shooter, and in later years investigated for the Inspector General’s office of the Army. He retired from now Alcatel-Lucent.
4.9 based on 32 traveler reviews
lovely out look from pool
The view from the pool is just beautiful and overall the house is in excellent condition and equipped to a very high standard....The only reason does not get 5 stars was the 2nd bedroom bed was smaller than expected. We have 2 teenage daughters that had to share the bed and found it a little on the small side. It was a shame the 3rd bedroom was equipped with pool table/table tennis as again a lovely idea but too small as a room to be used for this as we were worried about hitting the walls with the cues...... thought this might be better as a bedroom for families who do not wish to share a small double bed....... but over all a lovely house
Girls Out Weekend
Thank you so much for the wonderful property called Blue Pelican! The house was squeaky clean, beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable. Everything worked perfectly! The pictures of this home are great, but the house was even nicer than the pictures. The only issue was with the A/C temperature setting, and the owner was immediately responsive and helped within 10 min of my call. We will definitely keep this property in mind for our next trip to the area! Thank you.
I enjoyed my rental condominium. The apartment is well located, clean and quiet. The pool is very large and well maintained. The proximity to the beautiful Vanderbilt Beach makes it a dream vacation.
Loved everything about the Blue Pelican! Ingrid was great about keeping me informed and Responding very quickly. My husband and I took my parents for a relaxing and carefree vacation and that is exactly what we had. The home had everything we needed. We will definitely go back in the future!
A Pool Area Which WOWs
We left the beautiful Blue Pelican just a few days ago and have now returned home with fabulous memories of our stay. This villa is beautiful but the view from its stunning pool area makes this an amazing place to stay.
We spend 10 days here after a very busy 8 day stay in Orlando. We had to drag ourselves from the pool to explore the Cape Coral but in all honesty, we did very little exploring. Our days were, on the whole, very lazy with the majority of the day spent in the pool or lounging by it. We also made good use of the fabulous hot tub.
Every evening we watched the sunset over the lake and every evening it was magnificent. Nature put on a stunning show for us. Sunset would mark the end of our day by the pool and this would be the time we would relax on the super comfy sofas and watch a couple of hours TV. Loads of channels to choose from (including some premium channels I think - but I’m from the UK so not 100% sure).
The Blue Pelican is very well equipped with everything you could possibly need. There are bikes in the garage which my husband used once or twice. I used the washer and dryer a few times as I hate returning home with dirty clothes. The instructions were clear and very easy to use.
I honestly can’t think of a single fault with the Blue Pelican. The only thing I would have liked was a facebook page so that I could have checked myself in to show all my friends and family back home how gorgeous “our” villa was. Instead they had to settle for my pictures.
I think I’ve rambled enough but I would like to finish by saying that from my Initial enquiry through to returning home all my contact with Ingrid has been a pleasure. Thank you so much Ingrid (and Jerry) for letting us share your home. We have made some wonderful memories.
The house is immaculate and well maintained. The outside area was my favorite, and we rarely used the house inside except to sleep and cook! The sunsets are amazing and while it sits on a street and is near other houses, it is extremely peaceful and relaxing! It was also great to have beach towels, chairs, and bikes to use!
Ingrid was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely responsive and helpful and provides a lot of information to guests regarding the house and the local area. We would definitely rent here again if we ever go back!
From the Owner
“We were familiar with the area and always desired to be at the lake in a large home. It had all the features we were looking for: Great location, sunset view, secure and quiet area. It met all of the requirements and in addition was large, roomy and spacious, had great layout, high ceilings, view of the lake from all rooms, and a garage hidden from street. Much work would be required, but well worth the effort. The transformation was completed when we added the pool and deck area to make it our private resort, now available also as a vacation rental.”
Activity and Interests
When you are at the 'Blue Pelican', you have easy access to all of the surrounding Islands. There are many opportunities to rent a boat in Cape Coral or at any one of the islands to go boating for the day. With many golf courses in the area, a different course can be played every day of the week. If tennis is your game, playing at the Yacht Club or other area locations is always an option. No need to go anywhere for fishing as it can be done right in front of the house catching whatever Lake Mohave has to offer. If a change from sun bathing by the lake is desired, there are a number of beaches within easy access as well as FL State Parks with great beaches. Of course the sport of shopping is at its finest here in SW Florida, and combined with sightseeing either by car, boat, scooter, or bike it makes for a dream vacation. Gambling is available also on land or on board a ship with great dining opportunities. Dining out is a favorite as SW Florida specialties abound in many nearby restaurants. The arts are well represented locally with plays from broadway, concerts, and artist exhibits.
Visiting Disney World
Living & Relaxing Florida Style is wonderful when at The Pelican.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 21 2016 - Nov 17 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest|
Nov 18 2016 - Dec 19 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add $24 per night, per additional guest|
Dec 20 2016 - Dec 31 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Jan 1 2017 - Jan 31 2017
29 night minimum stay
Apr 15 2017 - Apr 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jan 1 2018 - Apr 30 2018
28 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
January, February, March and April rent by calendar month for monthly rate shown.
If desired, January rental can start a few days after New Years and time will be prorated.
Copy of Rental Agreement will be mailed for signature after BOOK NOW was successfully completed. .
Accept payment through VacationRentals, VRBO, HomeAway Credit Card, eCheck, wire transfer, PayPal.
Unadvertised specials available at times.
A Refundable Damage Protection Deposit of $500 is an option available instead of $59 PDP insurance.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“We have transformed the Blue Pelican into a One-of-a-Kind tropical resort like home with wide open spaces inside and out, selected beautiful decor, painted in soft island colors, added popular entertainment features, added an over-sized waterfront pool deck with huge picture window for unobstructed magnificent views of lake and sunsets. The Blue Pelican is now a Cape Coral vacation home like none-other. Come and see for yourself.”
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub ...
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Lake View
- Water View
- botanical garden
- live theater
- recreation center
- water parks
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- water skiing
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, tub, shower, Hair dryer, premium towels, tranquil sunken soaking tub.
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Roomy & bright personal care area, hair dryer, linen closet
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 3 - Bedroom is now game room with pool table and ping-pong.
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Bright, cheerful, view of lake, door to pool deck.
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Very large room with private deck area & access to pool/spa.
- BR 1: Tommy Bahama like furnishings, King-size bed, premium linens, high ceiling, flat-screen TV, romantic lighting, room-size walk-in closed, tropical fan and art work, private entrance to furnished lanai with view of lake. BR 2: Queen-size bed, high ceiling, island fan, tropical linens, flat -screen TV, wall-length closets, Florida lighting and art work.
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Tennis ...
- 2 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- The Blue Pelican has it all: * Oversized 365 sq. ft. modern Pool * with water fall, * Pebbletec interior, * swim-out platform, * full-stair water access, * water toys, * Heat Pump * Weekly Pool Service. * Jacuzzi Hydrotherapy Spa for 4, * with build-in lounger, * rainbow lighting, * Weekly Spa Service. * Open-Air Shower * Paved All Waterfront Deck Area is 1,740 sq. ft. * Terrace dining set, * lounger and lanai furniture, * step-out to sea-wall for fishnig. * Kitchen has: * granite counters, * one exterior counter, * reverse owmosis drinking water sysstem, * super-sized pantry, * all LG appliances--French door refrigerator, glass top stove with convection oven, microware, dishwasher, * Waring double bagel toaster, * Cooks coffee maker, * Cooks blender, * radio, * gourmet cook and silver ware, * china and glasses for formal/informal, * Crock pot, * waffle maker, * poppcorn popper, * dish towels, * starter supplies. * Wet Bar has: * Glasses for golf and pool players as well as others, * wet-sink, * place mats. * Master Bedroom with en Suite has: * All Tommy Bahama like furnishings, * King size bed, * memory foam mattress, * 32' flat screen TV with DVD player, * ceiling fan, * Tropical linnens, * Towels, bath as well as sheet, * Hair dryer, * sunken bath tub, * Walk-in shower with Euro shower head and seating bench, * clock. * Guest Bedroom has: * Queen size bed * memory foam mattress, * ceiling fan, * TV, * radio. * Great Room has: * 65' flat screen LED HD-TV * Comcast Cable, * Fanimation Palisade Ceiling Fan, * books, * games, * guest information book * pocket sliding doors, * phantastic views. * Laundry Room has: * LG front loading washer and dryer, * utility sink, * art work, * storage closet, * housekeeping supplies, * green shopping bag, * ironing board, * iron. * Garage has: * Gas grill, * 2 bicycles, * pump, * 2 helmets. * For the Beach: * Beach umbrella, * chairs, * towels. * Miscellaneous: * mature FL landscaping,, * quiet and safe neighborhood, * Housekeping services available, * every day sunset views over Lake Mohave, * Secure WI-FI, * Convenient location to shopping, dining, entertainment and recreational activities. The 2012 new Jacuzzi hydro spa, and here is what Jacuzzi says about it: ENJOY A THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE Hydrotherapy benefits the mind and body. Warm water in motion stimulates endorphins, the natural painkillers your body puts to good use in so many ways. The Jacuzzi® FX10™ Therapy Seat may be one of the best places on the planet to experience the benefits of hydrotherapy. Every curve in the FX10 Therapy Seat has been designed to fit the body; each of the adjustable-stream FX Jets is positioned to direct water with precision and strength. Bonus: a lounge seat – another one of the world’s best places to enjoy a hydrotherapeutic massage. Best of all, all these benefits with view of Lake Mohave under the stars with multicolored lighting of the swirling Jacuzzi water. Great care is being taken to meet the demands of the new as well as the seasoned traveler.