Modern Elegance with 3 Bedrooms and 2.5 Baths, Sleeps 11, Pet-Friendly
***** A season pass for Lake Laura allowing unlimited access for up to six people per daily use will be made available for all rentals during the open season.
Located on more than an acre of land, Belle Vue is a modern, tranquil and private retreat that offers one of the area’s most spectacular, unimpeded mountain views of the Bryce Resort ski slopes and valley year round. Atop the front nine of the championship golf course, Belle Vue is in a wooded setting that also offers a spectacular view of the golf course grounds, particularly in the spring and fall when the trees are not yet full. With it’s idyllic setting and modern touches Belle Vue promises to provide you a serene yet fun-filled vacation you will never forget!
Belle Vue is unlike most rental properties- it is my vacation home, as well. I love it and I work very hard hoping that you do too! My goal is a safe, entertaining, and relaxing environment for your enjoyment.
About the Owner
About Kimberly Bagford
I work for the Department of Defense and live in Alexandria VA. When I'm not dealing with the hustle and bustle of DC city life, I like to escape to the tranquil lifestyle and beautiful scenery that Bryce Resort has to offer.
Kimberly Bagford purchased this house in 2011
Why Kimberly Bagford chose Virginia
Belle Vue is a quick 2 hour drive from the DC area, which makes it a convenient getaway for me and my family, even if only for the weekend. When I first saw this property, I fell in love with its breathtaking views. I was equally impressed with the recent remodel that gives this property a distinctly modern and elegant feel, unlike many of the other, older homes in the Bryce area.
What makes this house unique
Whether you like basking in the sun sipping a glass of wine on one of the many decks, lounging on the sofa in front of the fire, preparing a meal on the grill or in the upgraded kitchen, driving 2 minutes down the road to go skiing or snow tubing, or driving 4 minutes to relax lakeside at Lake Laura... Belle Vue has it all- convenient location and fantastic amenities.
(25 traveler reviews)
Myself and my two young boys and a great friend and her 3 kids and another couple whom are great friends stayed for a few nights. The kids were in awe over the house and exceptionally loved the view of the ski mountain as they call it! It was very well kept and just beautiful! Can't wait to go back this year and so on!
Beautiful Home with Great Views
What a wonderful place to get away for a few days. The home is lovely and the kitchen has everything you need. The owner, Kim, was a joy to deal with and quick to respond to any questions. There is a very nice screened in porch with a ceiling fan that is comfortable even when it is a little hot outside. And the view is terrific. You can't go wrong staying here.
Wonderful Home in the Mountains
We had an amazing time at this beautifully decorated and very clean rental! Traveling with a group of 2 families including 4 adults, 2 teenage boys, a preteen girl and a service dog the layout of this home was perfect for group meals, card games and space for everyone to spread out when they wanted to. We made all of our meals there and the kitchen was well stocked with any tool, pan and bowl that we needed. The views are wonderful as well. Throughout the rental process the owner answered all my questions promptly and I was pleasantly surprised on our drive home to receive a message that our security deposit was already refunded. If we travel to this area again I wouldn't think about staying anywhere else.
Exactly the getaway we were looking for
Belle Vue was exactly the getaway we were looking for. An easy drive from DC, beautiful setting, dog-friendly, modern and just what I would design if I had a vacation home. The open floor plan with multiple levels meant that we could all be separate and together at the same time.The extra living room and deck on the bottom level were perfect, and the bottom level is a walkout and is not at all basement like. Unlike other houses on the same side of the road, Belle Vue is NOT on stilts, and it still has a great view. The decks are perfect, and they're spread out enough that we could all be alone if we wanted and still be outside. The furniture was really nice and comfortable, and the screened porch was perfect once we figured out where to find the remote for the ceiling fan. The singing of the summer bugs was so great that I recorded it for my white noise machine so I could pretend I was away in the woods when I was back at home in the city. Lake Laura was nearby and we enjoyed swimming with our water dog, and the frozen custard stand between the house and the lake sold dog cups as well as human cones. The wifi was not ideal for streaming, but this actually worked to our advantage because we read books instead of getting sucked into binge-watching netflix. The connection was totally fine for all other internet browsing, newspaper reading, etc. I loved the use of recycled plastic as a building material. There's not a single thing I would change about this house. Kim was responsive and easy to work with. We will definitely come here again and I've already recommended it to multiple friends
Spring golf at Bellevue
What a great place to stay, we have been going to this resort for 20 years plus and these are the best accommodations we have had. There were 6 of us which is a perfect number for this home. They have everything you could want in the home and as clean as your own house. The owner was excellent to deal with and if we only have 6 golfers next year we will book Bellevue. Thanks for letting us use your home away from home we could not have been more satisfied. Sorry for waiting so long to write this revue.
Bob 1st week of may 2016
Belle Vue review
our family stayed for 3 nights at Belle Vue in the Bryce Resort.
The place was very nice, clean, and we enjoyed our visit there.
Plenty of room, and a nice screened porch and deck with views of the mountain side and golf course.
Kitchen was well equipped. Bathrooms modern and clean as well.
We highly recommend it.
From the Owner
“Belle Vue is a quick 2 hour drive from the DC area, which makes it a convenient getaway for me and my family, even if only for the weekend. When I first saw this property, I fell in love with its breathtaking views. I was equally impressed with the recent remodel that gives this property a distinctly modern and elegant feel, unlike many of the other, older homes in the Bryce area.”
Activity and Interests
Located 1.5 miles from picturesque Bryce 4-Season Resort, Belle Vue offers easy access within a couple minutes to all the Resort has to offer. Bryce has year round activities for the entire family including an 18 hole championship golf course, driving range, mountain adventure sports in the warmer months (including zip line, Euro-Bungee, climbing wall, mountain tubing, grass skiing and grass boarding), various activities at Lake Laura (including beach access, snack bar, canoeing, paddle boarding, paddle boating, diving platforms, fishing, and nature trails), miniature golf, a library, and pool/tennis facilities, which are not to be outdone by the award winning ski resort in the winter, which includes skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing. You can even fly your plane into Bryce Resort’s private air strip, or learn to fly while you are here. Information can be provided for other activities such as mountain biking, hunting, and horseback riding. Other nearby activities include trout and bass fishing, a variety of dining venues, numerous wineries, Shenandoah and Luray Caverns, the George Washington National Forest, Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive, Shenandoah Farms Market, Paugh’s Orchard, Shenandoah Bowling Lanes, and various battlefields such as New Market Battlefield State Historical Park.
Bryce Resort is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley and adjacent to the summertime Shenandoah Valley Music Festival in Orkney Springs. Belle Vue is located approximately 30 minutes west of Mt. Jackson VA off of I-81, 2 hours from the DC area, 3 hours from Richmond, 1 hour from Winchester, and 45 minutes from Harrisonburg, which makes this a quick and convenient getaway from many locations! For the long-distance traveler, Bryce is an hour and a half from Dulles Airport and 40 miles to Shenandoah Regional Airport in Harrisonburg. Or just fly your plane straight into Bryce Resort on their own private airstrip.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
|Pet Fee||$50 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
* Rates based upon a maximum of 11 people and subject to change until confirmed.
* Payments accepted by Venmo.
* Check-in is 3:00PM. Check-out is 11:00AM. Earlier check-in or late check-out may be accommodated if the property is available.
* Housebroken and well-behaved dogs are permitted for an additional non-refundable cleaning fee. Sorry, no cats or other pets are allowed.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Whether you like basking in the sun sipping a glass of wine on one of the many decks, lounging on the sofa in front of the fire, preparing a meal on the grill or in the upgraded kitchen, driving 2 minutes down the road to go skiing or snow tubing, or driving 4 minutes to relax lakeside at Lake Laura... Belle Vue has it all- convenient location and fantastic amenities.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- Golf Course View
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- 2044 sq. ft.
- Master Bathroom - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Half Bathroom - toilet
- Second Bathroom - toilet, shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Master Bedroom - 1 queen
- Second Bedroom - 1 queen
- Third Bedroom - 2 double, 1 twin/ single
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard
- Guests provide their own meals
- Belle Vue is a 2044 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, pet-friendly home that was remodeled in 2008 with all modern upgrades including hardwood flooring, new carpet and paint, stainless steel appliances, and granite countertops. The home was completely refurnished with all new furniture, mattresses, and decor in 2011. It sleeps 9-11 (2 queen beds, 2 full beds, 1 twin bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa). AC and heating is central air. Circular driveway parking can easily accommodate 4 vehicles. Additional grass parking for 3 vehicles can be utilized. Upon entry you will be greeted with a spacious and open layout featuring a dramatic two-story ceiling and windows throughout looking out onto the large top deck with views of the mountains, the slopes, and the golf course. The kitchen is equipped with all the necessities including cooking utensils, pots and pans, dinnerware, coffee maker, toaster, blender, crock pot, skillet, griddle, waffle maker, pasta cooker, microwave, oven/stove, refrigerator, freezer with icemaker, garbage disposal, and dishwasher. The spacious dining room seats 5. There is additional seating for 2-3 at the kitchen counter. The spacious sunken living room includes a 37” flat screen cable tv with surround sound and dvd player, as well as a stereo with radio and cd player. The living room also features a gas fireplace. The upstairs is completed with a half bath as well as the master bedroom featuring a private bathroom (tub/shower combination), mountain views from the queen-sized bed, soaring ceiling, and cable tv. Before you travel downstairs, you have to pay a visit to one of the best features Belle Vue has to offer - the newly constructed decks. There are large decks on both levels of this 2-story house, which face the mountains, the slopes, and the golf course. The decks also showcase lovely landscaping including gorgeous pink dogwoods in the spring. The top-level wrap-around outdoor deck is equipped with a propane grill and bistro dining area with seating for 4-6. There is also a top-level screened-in dining deck with dining table and comfortable seating for an additional 6, which is equipped with a remote controlled fan and lighting. Beneath this dining area, there is another deck on the lower-level which is equipped with a very comfortable conversation-style patio set with seating for 4. While absolutely no indoor smoking is permitted, ash trays are provided on both the top and lower-level decks. Downstairs you will find 2 additional bedrooms. The first features a queen-sized bed. The second is very large and includes 1 full-sized bed and another full-sized bed bunked with a twin-sized bed. This room has cable tv. as well. Downstairs you will also find a spacious rec room, which overlooks the lower-level deck and includes a 32” flat screen cable tv with dvd player and a queen-sized sleeper sofa complete with bedding. There is a full bathroom (shower) and a laundry room including washer and dryer that is available for use downstairs too. There is free wireless internet, as well as local telephone calls. Unlike many locations near Bryce, your cell phone almost certainly will work at Belle Vue! I know of no instances where cell phones have not worked. Also, all bedrooms have alarm clocks. Bedding (pillows, sheets, comforters, and blankets) and bath towels are provided. A limited amount of paper towels, toilet tissue, laundry detergent, hand soap, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, and trash bags are also supplied free of charge. An iron, ironing board, and hair dryer are provided, as well.