House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
This newly remodeled (spring 2011) cabin is loacted in beautiful Tusquittee Valley at the foot of the mountains. It provides all the comforts of home plus the peaceful sound of a rushing, bubbling creek that flows near the master bedroom and large 12x26 screened porch. With privacy and level landscape this cozy 3 bedroom, 2 bath cabin includes a large rock fireplace, central heat and AC, fully furnished kitchen, full-size washer and dryer, satellite TV and DVD player. A 12x26 open upper deck is accessed from both upstairs bedrooms and overlooks the wide rushing creek and heavy area of spring flowering rhododendrums. An open fire pit sits on the bank of the creek. Cook-out on the charcoal grille and use the table on the screened porch or the inside table. Kids thoroughly enjoy playing in Compass Creek. Although the cabin is surrounded by heavy foliage, it is also adjacent to a level grassy open area for play. There are occassional sightings of various wildlife including deer and wild turkeys.
Peaceful and relaxing
About the Owner
Current full-time residents of Tusquittee Valley enjoying full-time life in this wonderful and peaceful part of Clay County. We reside less than a mile from the rental property.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We LOVED the cabin. It was so peaceful. We had everything we needed. It was close to so many things. Sad to leave such a peaceful place but will come again.
1 traveler review
Peaceful and relaxing
This is a beautiful home on a wonderful little creek that runs right on the backside of the property. Our boys loved exploring for deep holes and different rocks. My husband and I slept upstairs and left the door to the deck open several nights to hear the creek and enjoy the cool weather. The house was clean and well stocked we cooked dinner several nights for our group of 7. In the evening we enjoyed the screened porch for many games of Uno. Location was also just far enough out to enjoy nature but close enough to town to make a store run. Also close enough to explore N. Georgia and N. Carolina without driving hours on end. Will recommend to our friends and family.
Activity and Interests
* Lake Chatuge with boating, fishing, skiing - 15 minutes
* Trout fishing - 2 minutes
* Nantahala Outdoor Center rafting - 45 minutes
* John Campbell Folk School, Brasstown - 30 minutes
* * Ga Mtn Fairgrounds, Hiawasee - 20 minutes
* Movie theaters and childrens game rooms - 20 minutes
* Varied restaurants - 15-30 minutes
* Franklin , NC, Smokey Mountain Performing Arts Center - 40 minutes
* Murphy, NC - 35 minutes
* Young Harris College - 30 minutes
* Brasstown Valley Resort, Young Harris, GA - 30 minutes
* Hayesville, NC, Peacock Community Theater - 15 minutes
* Golf at the Ridges (10 minutes) or Chatuge Shores (20 minutes)
* Coffee or wine and a good book - 10 steps to the screened porch or upper deck
* Harrah's Casino, Cherokee, NC - 1.5 hours
* Harrah's Casino, Murphy, NC - 25 minutes
Asheville, NC - 2 hours
* Atlanta, GA - 2 hours
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $100
Weekly Rate: $600
Monthly Rate: $1800
5 night stay at $400. Each reservation requires a 1 time cleaning fee of $35. Monthly rental requires a $100 cleaning fee.
2 night minimum
1 night deposit to hold reservation.
Deposit refundable with 10 day notice.
Checks or cash required
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“The constant sound of the rushing Compass Creek and sitting on the screen porch just next to the creek and also sitting by a warm fire in the huge rock fireplace during the cooler times of the seasons.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Toaster ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- recreation center
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, direct access from bedroom 1 on the main floor of the cabin
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, upstairs with easy access from both upstairs bedrooms
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, downstairs with direct access to the screened porch
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double, upstairs with direct access to the upper level deck
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, upstairs trundle bed with direct access to upper deck
- Bedroom 4 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, located in living room area with the rock fireplace and TV
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Sleeps 6 plus 2 on sleeper couch * Satellite TV * DVD player * Wireless internet Variety of books, games and DVDs * Phone for local calls only * Central Heat & AC * Ceiling fans in Master bedroom, Kitchen and great room with cathedral ceiling * Full-size washer & dryer * All linens and towels provided * Fully equipped kitchen * Built-in microwave * Coffee pot * Toaster oven * Dishwasher