4 Bedrms, 3 Baths, Sleeps 9. Huge Deck with Gas Fireplace Overlooking the Lake
4 Bedroom Home on Peaceful Hayden Lake with Panoramic View of the Lake & Mountains and Surrounded by Beautiful Lawns--Perfect for Families!
200-ft Lake Frontage, Protected Swimming Area, Large Dock with Covered Boat Slip.
Large Flat Parking Area and EZ Turnaround for Trailers & RV's.
PARKING/UPPER LEVEL: 2 Bedms, 2 Bath, Living Room with Large Flat Screen TV, Fireplace, Full Kitchen with Expansive Granite Counters, Breakfast Bar, Dining Area, Service Porch with full size Washer & Dryer, Large Deck with Outdoor Fireplace Overlooking the Lake, BBQ.
LOWER LEVEL/LAWN 2 Bedrms, Large Bath with Jacuzzi; Rec Room with Fireplace, Theatre, Pool Table, Air Hockey.
2 Large Lawns, Gardens, Trees.
10 Miles East of Hwy 95.
Beautiful and well-provisioned
About the Owner
Linda: K-Adult Physical Education Instructor, Water Safety Instructor,
Married 42 Years, 2 children, 3 Grandchildren.
John: Fireplace Contractor, Water Safety Instructor,
PSIA Alpine & AASI Snowboard Instructor--Childrens Specialist,
Advanced First Aid Training.
Married 42 Years, 2 Children, 3 Grandchildren.
Guestbook comments from the owner
John & Linda,
Thank you for being great hosts. We had a wonderful time at the lake and in the lake!
You have a gorgeous property and we see how much time it takes to maintain.
Thank you so much for everything...
(14 traveler reviews)
Beautiful and well-provisioned
John was an excellent host. The house is fully furnished. It includes a grill and full kitchen. The property is beautiful and the lake is clean. Silverwood is only 25 minutes to the North. The indoor games (Pool & air hockey) were fun, and the kids (ages 3-10) really enjoyed the air hockey table.
Great Summer Trip
The property is located in a great part of Hayden Lake, we specifically picked this location with the large lawns for the kids to run around. The house was clean, enough room for 10 people and had all the amenities needed for a week at the cabin. We lucked out with fabulous weather all week. The owner was a great host with welcoming us upon arrival, giving us a tour of the place and we only saw him when we needed something. We loved the oversized deck to eat dinners in the evening and sit around the fire pit once the kids were asleep. The owner's houseboat tour was one of the highlights for the week. Kids enjoyed the ride and jumping into the middle of the lake. Couldn't have asked for more, and an ideal spot for families.
A fun week at Shangri-la
Hayden lake is beautiful. The dock was great. The kids enjoyed the pool table when we weren't on the boat. John and Linda take great pride in their property and it shows. House was clean and well stocked. They were very accommodating and kind. Thank you!
Fantastic holiday rental
House is wonderful. Dock is fantastic. John the owner keeps a very close eye on his property and is always hard at work maintaining its beauty. Others have complained about his presence but we did not mind at all. He helped us so many times. It is on a great bay on Hayden Lake near sandbar but that means the road in is a bit long and very winding. There was plenty of room for all of us. Thanks for the wonderful memories John and see you next year!
Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner and given a tour of the property. From that point on everything was great. The house is very clean and well maintained. The major appliances looked brand new, if not they are taken very good care of. The upstairs carpet felt brand new. The deck around the property was recently updated, including the stairs to the dock and the dock itself. The covered boat slip was just what we needed to moor our boat for the week. The owner was the perfect host, yes he lives on the property in another bungalow, he was there when we needed him and out of sight when we didn't. I am looking forward to revisiting Hayden Lake Shangra La in the future. The house is in a perfect location only 25 minutes to Silverwood & Boulder Beach and 30 minutes to CDA. Thank you John & Linda for sharing your home with my extended family.
The property owners provide excellent service. Their property is gorgeous - right on the water!!! We felt so blessed to be able to stay there. I would highly recommend this property to all of our family & friends. We're trying to book the whole family to come back as soon as we can!
From the Owner
“Family Friendly Northern Idaho. Quiet Country Setting on Hayden Lake. On Hayden Lake with View of the Mountains. Short Country Drive to Silverwood Theme Park. Close to Large Shopping Area & Coeur d' Alene Resort. One Hour to Spokane International Airport.”
Activity and Interests
The Calm Waters of Hayden Lake are Perfect!
Ski, Wakeboard, Swim, or Rest in the Swing & Watch the Moon Rise Over the Mountains.
Kayak or Paddle Board into the Back Bay, Along the Shoreline, to an Island or Secluded Beach.
Ski Off the Dock.
Fish off the Dock for Hayden Lake Trophy Trout, Bass.
On Our 47-ft Houseboat take a Moonlight Cruise to see The Falls & Enjoy the Lakeside Cafe, or an Afternoon Tour of Hayden Lake with a Family Swim in Clear Mountain Waters under the Majesty of the Towering Idaho Mountains.
Silverwood Theme Park is a Pleasant 25 minute Country Drive with Roller Coasters & Water Slides Galore--the Family Park of the Northwest in the Wilderness of Northern Idaho.
Great Walking Area with Lots of Deer, Turkey & Geese.
Biking, Running, Offroad & Hiking Trails, Scenic Overlooks, Start from Home or Short Drive.
Boat to Hayden Lake Country Club for a Round of Golf.
Close to Silverwood Theme Park, Lake Pend O'Reille, Lake Coeur D'Alene, & Downtown.
Singing from the Christian Camp Drifts Across the Bay in the Evenings.
Central Location between 4 Ski Areas.
Snowmobiling & Cross Country Skiing, Start from Home or Short Drive.
Visit 'BING CROSBY'S' Favorite Fishing Lake.
Come in the Winter, You'll See Why 'BING' Chose to First Sing 'WHITE CHRISTMAS' Here.
From the Owner
“Specially Designed for Children & Families. 2 Large Lawns, Flowers. New Decks & Stairs, Handrails. Secure Lower Level for Small Children. Beautiful Lower Lawn Slopes to the Lake with Swing, Perfect for Picnics & Naps. Flat Upper Lawn (away from the lake) perfect for non-swimmers to run & play. Protected Swim Area & Deep Water Swim Area with ROPE SWING. Large, Newer Dock with Plenty of room for chairs, boats & water toys. Property Overlooks Hayden Lake with Spectacular Sunrises & Moons!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Pool Table ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- ski privileges optional
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Master: Double Size Shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, tub, shower, Guest Bath: 2 Doors: Service Porch & Hall
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, tub, shower, jetted tub, 2 Doors: Guestroom & Recroom, Jacuzzi Tub/shower, Mirror
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Chair, Chest of Drawers, Night Std, Mirror, Closet, Lakeview
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Chair, 2 Chest of Dr, Mirrors, Night Std, Closet, Bath, View
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, Chair, 2 Chests of Drawers, Night Std ,Large Closet, Bath
- Bedroom 4 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, 1 child bed, Chairs, Table, Large Bath close
- 3 Queen Size Beds: 1 Master Queen with Private Bath, 1 Guest Queen, 1 Guest Queen with adjoining Bath, 1 Twin/Double Bunk Bed & 1 Toddler Bed, Large Bath Close
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 1 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
- Secluded South Seas Lagoon Like Swimming with a Rope Swing. Large Dock with Boat Slip, Ladder, Awning: Swimming, Boating, Sun Bathing. Beautiful Gardens; Maple, Apple & Cherry Trees; Pine & Fir Trees. Large, Flat Upper Lawn for Games. Lower Lawn Gently Slopes Down to the Lake, Covered Lawn Swing, Open Fence. All Overlooking the Lake. Lots of Sun & Plenty of Shade on Over 1 Acre & 200-ft of Private Lakefront. New, Plush Carpet; Granite Counters, New Appliances, Washer & Dryer, Built-In Microwave, Dishwasher, BBQ, 3 Gas Fireplaces, Air Conditioner. Wireless High Speed Internet Everywhere on the Property. New Large LCD TV with Internet Connection & Blue Ray DVD Player. 2 Bedroom, Master Bedroom with Private Bathroom. 2 Bathroom, Tub & Double Shower. Full Kitchen Just off the Service Porch Entry, Long Granite Counters, Lots of Cupboards. Granite Breakfast Bar, Dining Area with Chandelier. Service Porch with Outside Entry to Parking, W&D, Adjoining Bathroom. Living Room with Gas Fireplace & Lake View & Ceiling Fan. Large Deck with Outdoor Open Gas Fireplace Overlooking the Lake, BBQ. Outdoor Stairs & Path Down to the Lower Lawn & the Lake. Large, Flat Parking Area; EZ Turnaround for Boat Trailers & RV's; EZ Drive to Main Road. 24 Hour Gas Dock & Cafe on the Lake. Cafe Delivers to your Dock. Optional Lower Level: 2 Bedroom, Large Bedroom with Adjoining Large Bathroom & Jacuzzi Tub. Quiet Bedrooms Back Up to the Hill for Naps & Sleeping In. Recreation Room with Traditional Gas Fireplace & Mantle, Theatre, Pool Table. Outside Entry to Lower Lawn & Down to the Lake. High Locks to Both Outside Doors for Child Security. Optional: RV Hookup.