House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 8 Sleeps
The Cape Royale's Little Lake House II - Lightwell Cottage is a brand new one story 4 bedroom 3 bath "Earth Friendly Home" that will amaze you, approx 2450sqft of indoor outsoor livings space.
This home has 2 spacious mastersuites, 18' x 16' and 17' x 15' with a built in window seat. Just sit, read or look out and enjoy the tranquil setting of the Cape Royale.
You will see the WOW with our grand 24' ceilings in the Livingsroom/Dinning room, it is a grand entrance with natural light from a 12 windowed light well above. The Kitchen is a gourmet chef's dream. JenAir quiet series dishwasher and state of the art pull down microwave, Viking Professional series convection oven and our Viking Professional Series cooktop with rapid heat and childproof controls will make you want to cook every meal.
Highspeed internet, local phone, dish network 120+ HD chanels, HBOs, Showtimes, and Cinemax, we have it all!
We are on the western shores of Lake Livingston within the Sam Houston National Forest in Texas hill country 72 miles from downtown Houston, 55 miles from IAH. We have a marina, basketball court,pool, tennis courts, club house, and 18 hole golf course bordering the lake. 24 hour manned security entrance leads to Cape Royale Resort. The home is in walking distance to Royale Greens Park offering outdoor activities for games, sports, fishing swimming and picnicking. We have outdoor tables,and much more. Call the Cape Royale Golf Course for tee times. Coldspring is 3 miles away and offers shops, and restaurants. The Marina is within the Cape Royale with launch, supply store, gas, slip rentals and facilities. Call or email for availability. See virtual tour link -more photos.
Great stay, great owner.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Wonderful weather, great home, they even greeted us with a gift basket which was unexpected. The home was clean spacious and inviting. The kids enjoyed running around the massive front yard where we could sit in the shade and watch. It was a so fun Sunday came too soon for us, and Thank you for allowing us to stay a few hours later so we could get more boating in on Sunday.
5 based on 7 traveler reviews
Great stay, great owner.
We wanted to take the kids and grandkids on a close by couple of days during spring break and decided on Lake Livingston. We have a state park pass and like Lake Livingston State Park. This house is within about a 20 - 30 minute ride from the park. Everything in the house was great. The owners make sure that there are all the needed items for a stay. We did bring or buy some items to try to replenish some that we used but that was not expected. The grandkids completely enjoyed watching the deer each evening as they wander through and near the yard of the house. We did a "snipe" hunt for a friend of one of the grandsons (grandkids have all been on snipe hunts in the past) and he was, we will just say, excited. He and all of us enjoyed the festivity of it. We walked through the neighborhood and down to the nearby park. Drove down and fished at the marina two evenings. Caught a few 4 - 5 inch long catfish but you would think they were 10 foot long sharks by the reaction of the kids. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay and the owners are outstanding people and want to hear from the renters, good or bad. We usually choose different places for our get togethers, but if we do go back to Lake Livingston we will definitely use this place again.
very spacious home
all the rooms are good size, and the house is set back far away from the street so the kids could play horseshoes in the front where we could see them.
Great getaway for the family!
Clean spacious well stocked
Fantastic experience. Definitely coming back.
My family stayed for three weeks here and it was very comfortable and quiet. Being able to watch deer from the porch with my daughter was nice and being just a short walk to the lake allowed us to fish and swim with ease. Michelle was a joy to talk to and was very accommodating.
Cape Royale's "Lightwell Cottage"
My family recently spent three nights at Cape Royale's "Lightwell Cottage". For the most part, the description of the location, layout, and amenities were accurate. The swimming pool is actually a community pool and not a private pool. And, we were advised that an application to access the pool must be approved by the POA, which could take up to 4-6 weeks.
The property was lovely and welcoming. It was very clean, well-maintained and pet friendly. The owners added a special touch by leaving a basket of snacks on our date of arrival.
There are limited activities, attractions and accommodations in this area except bird and deer watching, so we had to get creative when it came to entertaining our 'tweens'.
The owner was responsive, courteous and a real pleasure to work with. This property is ideal for families with young children, a girls getaway, or couples looking for a quiet, romantic getaway. Two thumbs up on this property!
This home is very comfortable, clean, and neat, and has all the conveniences of home. It's also very spacious. We were very pleased, and because the place had all the comforts and conveniences of our own home, we were able to focus our time and attention on the rest, relaxation, and family reunion we were there for. Would highly reccomend it and hope to visit again myself some day.
Activity and Interests
Lake Livingston is 90,000 acres of boating, skiing, jet skiing. Fishing includes Stripe and Large Mouth Bass, catfish and many other species for sport. Nearby Coldspring offers antique shops, restaurants, historic church and courthouse. One plus hours to all Houston cultural and sports events, museums, shopping, and night life. Arts and crafts market each fourth Saturday in the historic town square. Lone Star Trail and Big Creek Scenic Trail nearby within the Sam Houston National Forest. Wolf Creek Park, Lake Livingston State Park and Double Lake Park nearby. Call or email for availability. Always contact us, we will do our best to maintain the site calendar, but advance notice is required to schedule housekeeping, process an agreement, and provide Cape Royale Gate Security access. ALWAYS ask for additional photos of rentals. We have photos of every room from different angles, so you can visually see our open floor plan and spacious rooms with walk-in closets, and ask about cleaning
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 1 2016 - Nov 17 2016
2 night minimum stay
Nov 18 2016 - Nov 29 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Pet Fee||$40 + Tax|
|housekeeping||$100 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
* Summer Season (March- September):$245-275 per night, except holidays then $350/night 3 night min, or $1500/week
$4500/ month, Holidays-$/night 3 night min or $/wk
Amenities, utilities, Dish Network 140+ chanels, HBO, Showtimes, and Starz, phone.
$10 / per person, per night over 6, 8 people max.
No Smoking on property. Stays less than 30 days are subject to a 13% state and local tax.
* Fall / Spring Season (October- Feb): **** SPECIAL RATE ****
$700-$1000/week , except holidays see rates
$1700/month, 2 night min
The Cape Royale Resort amenities, utilities, Dish Network, HBO, Showtimes, and Starz, Local phone. No More Than 8 people Allowed.
Stays less than 30 days are subject to a 13% state and local tax
* Additional information about rental rates
Cleaning fees $85 or $100 if staying longer than 2 weeks. This property is NEWLY Renovated, and we will continue to maintain the property in this fashion.
* Click on our 'Virtual Tour Slideshow' below FURTHER DETAILS for additional photos, we have a spacious open floor plan, clean and simple, and updated.
* PLEASE contact us for availability we run lots of Specials
* Sorry we can't exclude the housekeeping fee, but we guarantee you clean sheets, cleaned comforters, mattress covers, pillow covers, throw blankets, floor mats in baths, towels, hand towels, oven mitts, pot holders, you name it, we sanitize all common areas that get touched, it takes us a little longer to clean but we CLEAN EVERYTHING.
We have 3 comforter sets for the Masterbedroom, that have to be dry cleaned as well, and YES, we do clean all our comforters, not just the linens like some.
We include a lot of money saving extras included with our home, with plenty of beach towels, regular towels and linens, throw blankets, a FULL STOCKED KITCHEN ( all condiments, coffee, hot coco, tea, sugar, real cream), front loader Washer/
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Beach View
- Lake View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Outdoor Grill
- * videogames * games adults * TV * toys kids * books * books kids * DVD * satellite or cable * games kids * videogame console Internet Access: * wireless broadband * internet access Outside: * tennis court * patio stone/concrete * outdoor grill charcoal * sand box * gated community * parking off street * outdoor grill * parking * unscreened porch/lanai * walkway to water * parking on street * barbecue * 6 garden chairs * 4 beach chairs Swimming Pools: * communal pool - with POA approval only Suitability: * long term renters welcome * suitable for elderly or infirm * pets considered * wheelchair accessible * children welcome * non smoking only * low allergen environment Local Activities: * walking * fishing * swimming * water skiing * cycling * golf * mountain biking * tennis * horseback riding * sailing * hunting * antiquing Pool / Spa: * spa/whirlpool * whirlpool Onsite Equipment: * cooler large * beach chairs * beach towels * cooler small Attractions: * hospital * museums * ATM/bank * library * churches * forests * recreation center * marina * playground * pond * fitness center * groceries Leisure Activities: * pier fishing * freshwater fishing * bird watching * hiking * water tubing * sight seeing * paddle boating Nearby Attraction / Facility: * restaurants * scenic drives Nearby Activities: * golf privileges optional Nearby Services: * medical services Notes: Please ask if you have any special needs or questions. Privacy and security in the Cape with 24/7 guard dated subdivison. Keyless keypad on door, never carry keys to get lost in the lake. Easy access for you. Code changed after every rental. The store at Wolf Creek Park rents canoes and paddle boats, Wolf Creek Park is right next to The Cape Royale,