House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 7 Sleeps
Have it all in this beautiful 3 bedroom 2 full baths, high mountain vacation home in Nantahala National Forest. Inspire yourself with spectacular celestial views, sunrises/sunsets, and all the solitude you could ask for in your own private park like setting, while enjoying every modern convience to make your stay enjoyable. Located only 11 miles from downtown Franklin and 13 miles from the resort town of Highlands. Relax on the large deck while enjoying the year around panoramic mountain views. Private, safe, a bit romantic all nestled amidst five acres of nature. Bathe in the enchanting colors of Spring or Fall, explore waterfalls, hiking trails, rafting, or the many other abundant outdoor activities that you will find here.
I invite you to share this the harmony and peace you will find here, both inside and out.
Awesome property esp for pets
About the Owner
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Awesome property esp for pets
First of all my arrival date is incorrect. I stayed here in October 2011 and faed to write a review. Bob was very helpful and easy to contact. I took my dog because there is a nice fenced in rear yard. The bed was comfortable and the living area with the view of the nearby mountains is super. It's within east driving distance of many beautiful areas like Highlands and the lovely Bridal Veil Falls. I highly recommend it.
Great place for the whole family.
First off, Bob was great to deal with. From e-mail communication to providing all the necessary information on the cabin and extra helpful stuff to make our sightseeing trips great. My family loved the house. Nice large wraparound deck that is gated and a large gated area for our dog to use made life easy for bringing our dog. The fire pit was great with plenty of wood provided. The view was amazing. Very private secluded surroundings make you feel as if you are the only ones on the mountain. The accommodations were very comfortable for all. The drive from Franklin to the cabin was quick and picturesque. Plus a little adventurous the last bit. Overall a great experience for a very reasonable rate. Thanks Bob...
Everything on the website was true to form concerning the location, layout and full amenities. The pictures give you a nice hint but its so much better in person. The wrap around deck is amazing which leads to a perfect fenced in area for your pet. The hardest decision all week was to decide what view we wanted to focus on as every turn of your head was an artist's delight! The leaves were in full bloom, you were deep in nature's heaven and the peaceful surroundings were a dream come true. The beds were comfy, the fireplace great and there is a firepit on the side yard all ready for a bonfire with benches to sit on. Everything was clean, well maintained and the owner was easily accessible for questions. Franklin is 11 miles away with plenty of shopping and you must eat at Fat Buddies for great BBQ. Cherokee/Sylva/Bryson City are close enough for short day trips. There is direct TV, internet and phone and a pool table to boot. We can not wait to visit again-the property is in the best location outside of Franklin, where privacy and peacefulness is guaranteed but close enough to the real world should you need to revisit it.
Activity and Interests
Franklin is well known for it's gem mining and natural beauty of it's surrounding mountains. Take a nice walk in this wooded community or enjoy the pet friendly Franklin Greenway. There is plenty of festivals, special events, and local activities to keep you busy here.
Nearby outdoor attractions consist of waterfall hikes, whitewater rafting/tubing, golf, fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking and of course Great Smokey National Park, 45 minutes away.
Franklin offers movie theaters, bowling, a children's recreation center, and a performing arts theatre.
In addition to Highlands, neighboring towns are Dillsboro and Sylvia 20 minutes to the north, Asheville one hour to the east, and Harrah's Cherokee casino 40 minutes to the north.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$100|
Monthly Rate: $1250 - $1500
3 night minimum stay
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Dining Area
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- live theater
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Downstairs bathroom services the two downstairs bedrooms
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, This is a master bathroom located in the loft bedroom.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 3 - 1 king, This ils the loft master bedroom, w/bathroom/walk in closet
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Downstairs bedroom with large closet
- Bedroom 1 - 2 twin/ single, Two single beds located downstairs with closet.
- Sofa bed located in living room for additional sleeper.
- Guests provide their own meals
- You will find everything you will need to have a wonderful, restful vacation. Fully equipped kitchen, central air/heat, ceiling fans throughout, two flatscreen TV's, internet access, washer/dryer and large wood burning fireplace. All linens and towels are provided. Recreation room with pool table and TV. One car garage and a specious deck with tables, sofa and gas grill. Pets are welcome and a quarter acre of fenced yard accessable via a bridge from the deck keeps you pet secure while you are away.