Newly Constructed Modern Waterfront Cottage: 3 + Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 9 Sleeps
Located 75 minutes from our Nation's Capital, Old Town Alexandria, and Maryland's newest coming Casino @ National Harbor (another experience in it self), Cobb Island, is so close, but a world away. Neighbors still come over and say hello, you can ride the bikes to the island park or just around the 3 mile island, and get ice cream at the local market or you can simply sit back and enjoy watching nature!!
Known for its old fishing and crabbing cottages, quint atmosphere, local fisherman hideaway, Cobb Island is where you simply enjoy being surrounded by nature!! CI Wine Country Cottage fits right in, but with today's modern touches.
Newly constructed (built by a custom builder) in 2007 with entertaining in mind (caterer and wine lover), CI Wine Cottage provides the modern day necessaries (what I would consider important): adult and children's games, puzzles, grill and grilling tools, kayak and 3 person canoe, a 10 person custom built picnic table, outdoor lounging area, a craft table (sea glass not included..... only steps away from finding lots, 300 cookbooks (give or take 100), binoculars, beach chairs, beach towels, fresh herbs to pick, lavish perennial garden with accents of 12 and counting Japanese maples, your own beach combing sandy beach, OK..... If you must check into the reality world.......we do have internet, a flat screen tv, and a selection of classic movies and not so classic.
* Basic spices and herbs
* Two Wine cabniets
* Commercial Wolf Range with convection oven
* 10 foot eat-in island
* Coffee, Tea, and Esspresso making divices
* Additional tables and folding chairs in laundry room
* Spacious open floor plan opening to a separate sitting areas
* Tons of wine glasses
* "Caterers entertainment warehouse"
SHARES Jonnie's and Alice's Room
* Large bath towels
* Basic toiletries incase you forgot something.
QE2 Bedroom / Den / Office / Best hide away
* Twin Feather Day Bed
* High Top Artist Desk
* Cook Books GALORE
* Sitting Nook
Joins downstairs full bath
A pirates room complete with pirates beds and dress-up clothes. AYE MATE!!
* Themed Schooner Sheets
* Pirates Costoms
* 3 Twin Beds
* Good Night Moon reading chair for the favorite aunt!
* 2 Closets
* 2 Clothing / Toy Chests
Decorated in Alice in Wonderland decorations. Has a sitting area to escape down the rabbits hole!!
* Luxary 600 Thread-Count Sheets
* Queen size bed with added memory foam mattress
* Tea Cup Chair tand foot stool
* A view, that, I think, is the best in the house!!!!!!
And the Master... Your own quiet place with a grand sitting area, jacuzzi tub, own private deck overlooking the water on two sides!!
* King Size Bed
* Rainforest Shower
* Jack and Jill Sinks
* Extra Large Hot Tub with Robes when Mom needs to escape with a bath bubble bath and salts, and an adult beverage!!
* Gas Grill
* Charcoal Grill
* Vegetables and Herbs to freshen up your grill'n menu
* 10 Person Custom Built Picnic Table
* Lounging Area
* 6 Person additional entertainment table
* 25 foot fishing pier
* Crab Pots
* Largest beach area on the island
***green, white, blue, red SEA GLASS***
I know you will enjoy CI Wine Cottage, as long as you are in no hurry to return to the responsibilities of the real world!!
About the Owner
My grandparents had a little vacation cottage on the island back in the 80's. They would travel on the weekends from near by (an hour in 15 minutes) Brentwood, just on the District
As grandchildren, we, the cousins, used to spend time at Cobb. The best days were spent in the water, picking raspberries and making homemade ice-cream, and riding bikes! I spent a lot of time sitting at the picnic table as well, TIME OUT before it was call timeout!!
Today, visiting the island is the same, crab cake sandwiches, fighting over the biggest crab in the pot, neighbors waving to each other. YES after 20 years, is still the same.
Always a friendly hello!! But instead of ice cream it is a full meal in one of the 3 restaurants or a simple cookout with a glass of wine or a adult beverage!!
You will just have to experience it!!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had the pleasure of renting ___house on Cobb Island. We are 7 women who get together every year in June to slow down, walk, bike, hang out on the beach, drink and eat too much! The house was perfect for our needs. The kitchen is spacious and well-equipped; the living space delightful including a large deck overlooking the river with a huge picnic table. The beach is large and fairly long with a great view for watching the sunset. The beds and linens are lovely--all in all it was a great place to spend our long weekend. We have rented the house for next summer as well, adding a day. I highly recommend this very clean, modern and comfortable house on the water.
(11 traveler reviews)
Such a beautiful place, perfect for making great family memories and relaxing on the water
House was amazing, supplied anything we needed. And what a good sunrise view over the water. So peaceful. Master bathroom was huge! Loved all the rooms and style.
Despite bad weather and an issue with the refrigerator/freezer we had a wonderfully, relaxing weekend. My Husband and I spent the weekend with my Mom and her boyfriend, just catching up, relaxing, and enjoying some much needed peace and quiet. We even did a little fishing on the private dock (during the intermittent breaks from the rain) This home is beautiful. The views are amazing. Loved having the windows and balcony doors open...fell asleep listening the the water. We had a little issue with the refrigerator/ freezer breaking down, but Liz (the owner) responded promptly, and helped the best she could. I found the owner to be very helpful, responsive and pleasant. We are going down again next year, and possibly the year after that.
Beautiful & Spacious
The absolute best home for a multi-family stay. At first I was worried about space for the adults/ kids. We ended up having more than enough room. One night we ended up camping out in the master bedroom, with the kids on the large couch! We had a blast and could not have had a better stay. There were also THREE bathrooms. I couldn't have asked for better! Also, plenty of blankets / pillows.
Liz has the house well equipped with (especially the kitchen)! I spent my mornings enjoying coffee on the back porch! She has a keurig which made it THAT much simpler to enjoy! We didn't use it but the house also had tons of movies, and some video games! We brought our own games to play and had a blast enjoying them together.
I will definitely be staying again. The house was tastefully decorated too! I enjoyed the quirks of the home and the wine bottle corks everywhere. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.
Pictures don't do it justice!
This home is beautiful! Liz is a gracious host with a property to be proud of. The home is even more gorgeous than in the photos. This waterfront property can be enjoyed all year long. We had so much fun exploring this cute town and using the home to its potential. We were already looking at dates before we even left to ask about in the near future. Can't wait to go back!
Fantastic place for a family or a few couples to get away
Beautiful, relaxing house perfectly situated on the water with its own very private, quiet stretch of shore. Loads of shells on the beach for the kids to collect and enjoy. The water was pleasant for a swim (at least in August), and a near-constant breeze kept the bugs down and kept us cool in the summer heat. Crab pots on the pier - we actually caught three nice crabs, two of edible size! Canoes, kayaks, and everything else you need to enjoy a great couple of days relaxing and playing. Great a/c inside; a kitchen that can handle anything you throw at it; movies and games for the family on the great big tv for the evening; comfy beds and linens; and multiple well-appointed bathrooms. What can I say? Great house that we hope to visit again!
From the Owner
“My home is your home without the responsibilities! I enjoy entertaining, families, and friends at Cobb as well as the serenity! Yesteryears with todays amenities.”
Activity and Interests
* Watch the Ospary raise their young, ducks waddles, and majestic water fowl find their lunch.
* Sea glass hunting
* Beach combing
* Kayaks and canoe provided for you to enjoy the unseen.
* Star gazing without street lights.
* Golf at Swan Point 6 miles away.
* Three seafood restaurants within two miles.
* 2 Marinas for renting boats.
* Bicycles provided to enjoy the three mile island
* National Harbor is only an hour away.
* Old Town Alexandria is only an 75 minutes away
* Downtown DC is only an hour and 1/2 away.
* Colonial Beach Virginia , a quint little town is only 30 minutes away.
* Two Local wineries are 30 minutes away in King George
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“I believe in the simpler ways of life, yet I need the comforts of the modern world around me!! Fine linens, fully stocked kitchen, a cup of tea, a fishing pole, and a glass of wine, yes a Keurig, for you coffee drinkers, while enjoying the views of the water and listening to waves at night.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub
- Bathroom 2 - Shared with bedroom 3
- Mater Bathroom - toilet, tub, Master Bedroom
- 3 full bathrooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1 baby crib
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 3 twin/ single
- Bedroom 4 - 2 double, 1 sleep sofa /futon, There is plenty of room to put a blow-up bed, provided
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- 5 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
- Indoor Accommodations and amenities * Gourmet catering kitchen with all the essentials for entertaining. * Family style bar with seating for 6. Additonal seating available * Open floor plan with two seperate sitting areas. * Masters suite with Jacuzzi tub and Rainforest shower, toddlers crib, deck, and flatscreen tv. * Office/den offers WIFI throughout the property, over 300 cookbooks, a reading nook with a day bed for lazy days. * Childrens room equipped with rainday games, activities, books and pirates beds for sleeping. * Guest bedroom offers panoramic views of the marsh and river with a sitting area to escape. * Lush linens and towels provided. * Easy foamed matress pads. * Central air, washer/dryer, internet through out, cable TV, Games, puszzles, and books Outdoor amenities * Pier for sunning, fishing, crabbing, and just jumping. Fishing poles and crab pots provided! * Large patio with gas grill and extra large picnic table with shades area. * Outdoor shower with hot water for rinsing off. * Large beach area for swimming, sand castles, sea glass combing, fishing, driftwood hunting, and cocktaiing! * Outdoor lounge chairs and beach towels provided. * Play ground less then a mile away. * Swan Point Golf Course less then 5 miles away. * Bird feeders to enjoy the birds. * Vegetable garden to pick some fresh produce in season. * Extra large lawn for playing and entertaining.