Newly Constructed Modern Waterfront Cottage: 3 + Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 9 Sleeps
Located 75 minutes from our Nations Capital, Old Town Alexandria, and National Harbor, Cobb Island is worlds away. Neighbors still come over and say hello. You can ride the bikes to the island park and get ice cream at the market. You can enjoy watching nature happen!!
Known for its old fishing and crabbing cottages, Cobb Island's quint atmosphere is where you just enjoy doing nothing. CI Wine Country Cottage fits right in, but with today's modern touches. Newly constructed (built by a custom builder) in 2007 with entertaining in mind (caterer and wine lover), CI Wine Cottage provides the modern day necessaries: adult and children's games, puzzles, grill, kayak, a family picnic table, a craft table, 300 cookbooks (give or take 100), binoculars, beach chairs, beach towels, fresh herbs, a beach combing sandy beach, OK..... We do have internet, a flat screen tv, and a selection of classic movies and not so classic.
* Basic spices and herbs
* Wolf Range with convection oven
* 10 foot eat-in island
* Open floor plan to enjoy your family and friends
Themed bedrooms and Bathrooms:
* Luxury 300+ count linens
* Large bath towels
* Basic toiletries incase you forgot something.
A pirates room complete with pirates beds and dress-up clothes.. AKA "Johnnie's Room".
"Alice's" room, decorated in Alice in Wonderland decorations. Has a sitting area to escape.
And the Master... Your own quiet place!!
We know you will enjoy CI Wine Cottage, as long as you are in no hurry to return to the responsibilities of the real world!!
Fantastic place for a family or a few couples to get away
About the Owner
My grandparents had a little vacation cottage on the island. As grandchildren, we, the cousins used to spend time at Cobb. The best days were spent in the water, picking raspberries and making homemade ice-cream, and riding bikes! Today, visiting the neighbors, after 20 years, is still the same. Always a friendly hello!! But instead of ice cream it is a full meal!!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had the pleasure of renting ___house on Cobb Island. We are 7 women who get together every year in June to slow down, walk, bike, hang out on the beach, drink and eat too much! The house was perfect for our needs. The kitchen is spacious and well-equipped; the living space delightful including a large deck overlooking the river with a huge picnic table. The beach is large and fairly long with a great view for watching the sunset. The beds and linens are lovely--all in all it was a great place to spend our long weekend. We have rented the house for next summer as well, adding a day. I highly recommend this very clean, modern and comfortable house on the water.
5 based on 6 traveler reviews
Fantastic place for a family or a few couples to get away
Beautiful, relaxing house perfectly situated on the water with its own very private, quiet stretch of shore. Loads of shells on the beach for the kids to collect and enjoy. The water was pleasant for a swim (at least in August), and a near-constant breeze kept the bugs down and kept us cool in the summer heat. Crab pots on the pier - we actually caught three nice crabs, two of edible size! Canoes, kayaks, and everything else you need to enjoy a great couple of days relaxing and playing. Great a/c inside; a kitchen that can handle anything you throw at it; movies and games for the family on the great big tv for the evening; comfy beds and linens; and multiple well-appointed bathrooms. What can I say? Great house that we hope to visit again!
Perfect in so many ways
The pictures of this beautiful house don't do it justice. We opened the door and we all said "Wow". As we explored the house and the water front, we couldn't have been happier. The entire back of the house has windows that allow you to enjoy the water views while staying in the icy cool house on a few days that were very hot out. We grilled and ate outside a few nights. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed to cook. We were only 80 minutes from Washington DC and had a great visit there. Thanks Liz for allowing us to use your island home for our vacation.
Chesapeake Bay Living
This place has a BEAUTIFULLY landscaped backyard with huge deck nestled on a protected wetlands that makes you feel as if you have your own private island. Gorgeous 180° views of the Potomac River, this 4 BR house has a gourmet chef's kitchen and modern amenities. I felt completely at home and really enjoyed listening to the tides and hanging out on the sunny deck soaking it all in.
For people that do Birding you can see Bald Eagles, Swans, Herons, Egrets, Ospreys, Woodpecks, Bluebirds & Pelicans!
We had an amazing time! Everyone caught lots fish! I watched the sunrise over the water from the master each AM & then took a shower in the contemporary rainfall shower/sauna... I could get used to this!
A great escape
I have been to this property numerous times with my children and always love it.
It sits right on the water, has fantastic views and it's just a very relaxing place.
The home is well appointed it has a very large kitchen full of anything you need for cooking dinner. It has beautiful bedrooms with great views of the water. The property has several kayaks and fishing rods for those that like to fish. I go there just to get away it feels like a peaceful step back in time. Liz provides bicycles to ride around the island which we always enjoy. I will be back
Perfect Rental: Home Away from Home
We are headed back to Liz's sweet home for the third year in a row. A rental doesn't get much better than this! The house is extremely well-appointed and very comfortable. It has great views and dock and beach just outside the door.
Cobb Island begs one to s-l-o-w down and it is so easy to do so there. Come, explore. You will cherish your time at Liz's home.
Slice of heaven.....
Cobb Island is by far the best kept secret in Southern Maryland!! It is a quaint residential island that has loads of charm! I really loved staying at Liz's Wine Country Cottage and when it came time to leave we collectively decided that we wish we would have booked it for more time. This property has everything you could possibly imagine from breath taking views to all the immenities to make for an enjoyable stay. I stayed here with my mother and my brother's family, which includes two young girls ages 3 & 5. While we initially had concerns about keeping them occupied given their ages, our concern quickly went to the wayside!! The girls spent all day playing in the water and on the beach. And much to our surprise, we found girls' pirate dresses in their bedroom closet & was able to play dress up and do a treasure hunt adventure. The house truly is beautiful!! The photos show very little of it's true charm as it is beautifully decorated with very comfortable accommodations. The house is very spacious and allows for privacy, even in a setting with multiple people. The outside is beautifully landscaped and has the feel of being on your own private island. Sunrises are able to be seen in the morning and the sunsets were just as enjoyable. My brother, who loves to fish, fished everyday and caught various different types of fish. I absolutely enjoyed my stay here and it made for a wonderful vacation!! We haven't stopped talking about the great time we had since we've left!! We will be definately returning next year and staying longer!!! Thanks for the treasured memories!!
From the Owner
“My home is your home without the responsibilities! I enjoy entertaining, families, and friends at Cobb as well as the serenity! Yesteryears”
Activity and Interests
* Watch the Ospary raise their young, ducks waddles, and majestic water fowl find their lunch.
* Sea glass hunting
* Beach combing
* Kayaks and canoe provided for you to enjoy the unseen.
* Star gazing without street lights.
* Golf at Swan Point 6 miles away.
* Three seafood restaurants within two miles.
* 2 Marinas for renting boats.
* Bicycles provided to enjoy the three mile island
* National Harbor is only an hour away.
* Old Town Alexandria is only an 75 minutes away
* Downtown DC is only an hour and 1/2 away.
* Colonial Beach Virginia , a quint little town is only 30 minutes away.
* Two Local wineries are 30 minutes away in King George
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Swan Point Fall Weddings
Sep 6 2016 - Oct 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“I believe in the simpler ways of life, yet I need the comforts of the modern world around me!! Fine linens, fully stocked kitchen, a cup of tea, a fishing pole, and a glass of wine, yes a Keurig, while enjoying the views of the water and listening to waves at night.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- sound/bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub
- Bathroom 2 - Shared with bedroom 3
- Mater Bathroom - toilet, tub, Master Bedroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1 baby crib
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 3 twin/ single
- Bedroom 4 - 2 double, 1 sleep sofa /futon, There is plenty of room to put a blow-up bed, provided
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Tennis ...
- 3 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
- Indoor Accommodations and amenities * Gourmet catering kitchen with all the essentials for entertaining. * Family style bar with seating for 6. Additonal seating available * Open floor plan with two seperate sitting areas. * Masters suite with Jacuzzi tub and Rainforest shower, toddlers crib, deck, and flatscreen tv. * Office/den offers WIFI throughout the property, over 300 cookbooks, a reading nook with a day bed for lazy days. * Childrens room equipped with rainday games, activities, books and pirates beds for sleeping. * Guest bedroom offers panoramic views of the marsh and river with a sitting area to escape. * Lush linens and towels provided. * Easy foamed matress pads. * Central air, washer/dryer, internet through out, cable TV, Games, puszzles, and books Outdoor amenities * Pier for sunning, fishing, crabbing, and just jumping. Fishing poles and crab pots provided! * Large patio with gas grill and extra large picnic table with shades area. * Outdoor shower with hot water for rinsing off. * Large beach area for swimming, sand castles, sea glass combing, fishing, driftwood hunting, and cocktaiing! * Outdoor lounge chairs and beach towels provided. * Play ground less then a mile away. * Swan Point Golf Course less then 5 miles away. * Bird feeders to enjoy the birds. * Vegetable garden to pick some fresh produce in season. * Extra large lawn for playing and entertaining.