House, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, sleeps 12
* Contemporary 2-story house with a walk-out lower level onto a patio
* Quiet lakefront community on the west shore of Seneca Lake
* Private off-street parking for 5 cars; overflow parking available
* Restaurant, diner and ice cream stand within walking distance
* Two public parks within walking distance
* No smoking, No pets
* Follow us on Facebook as 'Dreaming a View'
Dream come true!
About the Owner
About Phil and Linda Bracht
Managed by property owners (not managed by a management company). We live 1/4 of a mile from the property.
(16 traveler reviews)
Dream come true!
All I can say is wow! This house is everything you see in the photos and more. It's absolutely gorgeous and a pleasure to stay in. It has anything you could need or want and clear instructions on little plaques around the house that answer almost any question. Phil and Linda have prepared the house with answers before you can even think of the questions. Phil gave us a tour and clarified anything not already explained around the house and let us know about all of the different options we had while we were there from kayaking to foosball. We also saw the Milky Way from the dock at night!! We hope to return soon. Thank you Phil and Linda for allowing us to spend the weekend at your beautiful property.
Dreaming a View was perfect! Myself and a few friends stayed here for a weekend getaway with some golf. We arrived to Linda sitting on the front porch waiting to give us a tour of the immaculate property. After looking at the pictures I knew the place would be nice but the pictures don't show how truly amazing the place is, which would comfortably hold 12 people. We were only 6 and had plenty of space.
You walk in to a wide open dining room, living room - with a huge TV and kitchen - which has everything you need! There's also a balcony over looking the lake. Downstairs are 2 beds with curtains to close off some space, another TV and a multigame table. Upstairs are 2 smaller bedrooms, a bathroom and a massive master bedroom with 2 beds, bathroom and the best balcony to sit and have a morning coffee on.
Out back has a large patio with 2 patio sets to enjoy. There was also a grill we made good use of multiple times a day. A long dock made up for a small rocky beach. On the shore was a nice fire pit we enjoyed a couple times.
Phil came later in the day to help install his mooring whips for a boat we were renting. He then came back later to show us how to properly tie the boat to them.
Both Phil and Linda were extremely friendly and would go out of their way to make our stay the best it could be. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. I have already saved the information so I have it for a future stay!
Beyond Our Expectations!
WOW! This lake house was beyond our expectations! Yes, we saw all the lovely pictures, but walking into that big, open living room/dining room/ kitchen area and seeing the lake stretched out before us was all we needed to erase the stress of "life" and put us all in "lake mode". It was an amazing feeling! The owners of this property, Phil and Linda, met us at the house and gave us the grand tour, which we truly appreciated. We have stayed in many vacation rentals, and this one is by far the BEST! Phil and Linda have thought of everything!! We just brought our clothes, toiletries, and food! We felt right at home from the minute we arrived. That says a lot about the owners and the pride they take in making this property such a special one. The view is spectacular from anywhere in the house! The beds are comfortable and the kitchen is well stocked with all the appliances, big and small, dishes, etc., that you would need. The bath towels were plentiful and plush. All their little signs with directions on them were extremely helpful! We grilled, ate on the beautiful stone deck, sat on the dock, skipped stones, laughed a lot, and made new memories. Dreaming a View is a very special house. And one that we hope to enjoy on an annual basis! Thank you, Phil and Linda, for sharing this lovely home with us! We enjoyed our time with you too! You made our rental process seamless!!
Wow another great weekend
So beautiful here so relaxing we enjoy it immensely we come every year and and seem to enjoy it more each year. Property is in mint condition Phil and Linda do such a great job in maintaining everything just perfect. So happy they are willing to share the property with us will be back. If you've never experienced a weekend by the lake this is your place.
We rented this house for a second year and we had yet again a wonderful time. Three generations under one roof and everyone came back home rested and with great memories. Linda and Phil, thank you so much for being you, such wonderful people, you do so much for your guests to make sure our vacation is really relaxing and unforgettable. We are thinking about coming back for the third year, hope we can get the time in your calendar. My son commented the evening we came to our home, "it's difficult to imagine someone else sleeping in 'my bed'". I think it says it all. Linda and Phil, with your magic touch you make your Lake House our home away from home. Thank you again and hope to see you next year. Your fans from CT.
I'm dreaming of you--"dreaming a view"
Where do you go from the top? When all the judges give you a 10.0 rating! Have you ever said"it doesn't get any better than this" and proved yourself wrong? This is the place where it happens!!
This is our fifth year@"dreaming a view". First year-one week, second, third, and fourth years-two week stays and this year two one week stays(June and Sept.) to spread the happiness out!
Each year we see improvements, some large and some small, but all to put another smile on your face.
They say it's lonely at the top--but they didn't think to bring extended family and friends along!!!
The amenities here still boggle my mind. If you think of something that's not here, just check another cabinet and you'll probably find it. The term"well appointed" just isn't enough to describe this place.
Of course, being in the middle of the Finger Lakes,(25 foot from the back door to Seneca Lake), enjoying the various wine, cheese, and microbrew venues including entertainment by local groups like"Bob & Dee" is a verrry hard act to follow.
The owners/hosts live a few doors away and are a wealth of information on the area and "what's happening" or if something comes up--they're new friends you haven't met yet, but really should!
Activity and Interests
* Boating, fishing, swimming and bird watching on Seneca Lake
* Town park with swings, picnic tables, bathrooms and designated swimming area with life guard
* Village park with playground, tennis courts and basketball court
* Keuka Outlet Trail
* Go Karts
* Miniature golf
* Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake and Keuka Lake wine trails
* Finger Lakes Cheese Trail
* Finger Lakes Distillery (29 miles)
* Watkins Glen State Park and International speedway (23 miles)
* Waterloo Premium Outlet (24 miles)
* Corning Museum of Glass (44 miles)
* Ithaca - home of Cornell University (48 miles)
* Geneva - home of Hobart and William Smith Colleges, and Belhurst Castle (13 miles)
* Public golf courses
* Bristol Mountain for skiing (37 miles)
Additional information about rental rates
Call or email for monthly rates
Weekly is Saturday-Saturday during peak summer
Reservation deposit is required with return of signed agreement then balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Half Bathroom - toilet, First floor powder room has only a toilet
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, Second floor master bath has toilet, shower, whirlpool tub
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Second floor hallway bath has toilet and shower/tub
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Bathroom in lower level has toilet and shower/tub
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, South bedroom has a queen-size bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, West bedroom has a queen-size bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 queen, Lower level has 2 sleeping areas both with a queen-size bed
- Bedroom 1 - 2 queen, Master bedroom has a two queen-size beds
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- General house amenities include village water, septic, central air conditioning, free WiFi, free domestic long distance telephone, gas grill, linens and pillows, towels/hand towels/washcloths (indoor use only; please bring your own beach towels). Second floor includes a master bedroom (19x20) with two queen-size beds, gas fireplace, deck off sliding glass doors, large walk-in closet (5x8), 42' LCD TV with Direct TV, private bathroom (10x11) with whirlpool tub, shower stall and two sinks. Second bedroom (11x11) has a queen-size bed and large walk-in closet (5x8). Third bedroom (11x12) has a queen-size bed. Hallway full bathroom. Main floor is an open room with living and dining area, kitchen and powder room (40x24); Includes refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, microwave, Keurig coffee maker (please bring your own K-cups) and regular coffee maker; dining table seats 12; 55' LCD TV with Direct TV, DVD VCR, Play Station 3 (blue-ray capability; please bring your own games/movies), radio/CD/ipod dock/usb player, deck off sliding glass doors, full-size washer and dryer. Walk-out lower level (11x30) includes two queen-size beds, 42' LCD TV with Direct TV, full-size bathroom, game area with multi-purpose 12 component game table (miniature ping pong, backgammon, air hockey, foosball, etc.); access new patio (18x16). Waterfront has fire pit (some firewood provided), permanent dock, mooring whips (upon request) to accommodate two boats