House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 14 Sleeps
This cozy cottage with fenced lake-side lawn is located on the “Gold Coast” of Bostwick Lake. This private, all-sports, 217 acre lake is located just 5.5 miles from the picturesque town of Rockford (population 5,000) and only 20 minutes away from metro Grand Rapids.
One of Michigan’s cleanest lakes, fishermen and ladies will find a variety of fish including trout, crappie, blue gill, perch, bass and pike. Whether you’re fly fishing, spinning or bait casting your chances of getting a bite here are good.
Our cottage is a Bostwick Lake Improvement Association member so you’re welcome to bring your boat or Jet Ski and use the private launch located next to the Bostwick Lake Inn. Of course water-skiing is an option but if you’re seeking a quieter, slower experience (including a good cardio workout), feel free to row around the lake in the “Aqua Swan”. She is not allowed to have a motor and is tied up at our dock; a perfect fishing vessel and summer reading nook. Launching your canoe or kayak from either the dock or the short seawall is another boating option. We have a good assortment of life jackets, air mattresses and water toys for you to use.
This well maintained cottage with 1½ bathrooms and 3 bedrooms will sleep 14 grown-up people and/or 2 to 6 youngsters.
One bedroom, off the sunporch contains a double bed and the middle bedroom also has a double bed. The third bedroom, just off the kitchen, has two futons. With the option of unfolding the futons, this is the perfect sleeping arrangement for a bunch of little kids. Fully extended the futons can become one big mattress and depending on the size of the little ones, this bedroom could sleep eight (think of snuggled up puppies). Each bedroom has a window unit air conditioner.
The sunporch has two queen size pull-out sofabeds and a single unfolding ottoman bed. The living room contains a double sofabed as well as a single unfolding ottoman bed.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for letting us rent your cottage last week. We had a great time! Mike next door offered his help if we needed anything and John (one of the street governors) was very helpful in meeting me at the gate so I could unload and load our boat.
The grandkids had a ball catching fish (or feeding them worms) off the end of the dock. My wife did catch an 18 1/2" bass off the end of the dock off a small bluegill she accidently hooked in the back. We caught a 15" and a 14" bass and a small pike off the dock and a 16 1/2" bass and another pike on the other side of the lake.
Thank you again!
Activity and Interests
This is a well established long time lake community with lots of year round residents. Our neighborhood is safe and on the quiet side with lots of kids and grandkids showing up for weekend merriment.
After you settle in stroll across the lawn and have a seat on the seawall while you sip your morning cof-fee. While contemplating the clarity of Bostwick Lake water don't be surprised to see dinner swimming by! Thursday night is 'FISHING NIGHT'. A 'Slow, No Wake Speed' goes into effect at 7pm for the entire lake.
Big fat night crawlers can be purchased at the TOPP STOP. It's a very pleasant walk from the cottage to the corner of Belding Road and Ramsdell Drive. You'll find a nice medium sized party store with convenient groceries, bait, licenses, lotto, coffee etc. Their service is friendly and they quite often have some of the lowest gas prices.
On the way there you'll pass by the OLD BOSTWICK LAKE CEMETERY on the corner of Ramsdell Drive and Goldenrod Drive behind the old Bostwick Lake Congregational Church. This is an old pioneer cemetery dating back to the early 1800’s. It’s full of whispering pine trees on a hilly terrain. At dusk when the fireflies come out it’s the very best place to take the kids and read ghost stories by flash-light. Especially when an uncle wearing a white sheet pops up from behind a headstone!
For full scale grocery shopping check out D&W Fresh Foods at 201 Marcell Drive NE in Rockford just 5.5 miles away.
In the mood for dinner out? Here are our personal favorites:
• BOSTWICK BAKERY & COFFEESHOP~ 8570 Belding Road NE ~ Best and biggest doughnuts inKentCounty. Friendly staff.
• BOSTWICK LAKE INN ~ 8521 Belding Rd NE ~ Established in 1910, Bostwick Lake Inn has that feel of the old summer place on the lake. Whether you crave a burger or a nice salmon fillet, they've got you covered! Stop by and enjoy live music in season or pull up the rocking chairs on our lawn for your own private concert.
• ARENA’S PIZZA ~ 8841 Belding Road NE at Ramsdell ~ Best bang for your buck and so close to the cottage.
• HONEY CREEK INN ~ 8025 Cannonsburg Road NE, Cannonsburg ~ Cozy cottage like atmosphere. Great place for some pints and grub with friends and family. Interesting beers on tap and quite a good kitchen to boot!
• CORNER BAR INC. ~ 31 N Main St,Rockford ~ Hall of fame hot dogs, chili dogs and the tastiest onion rings.
• CUSTARD BY THE DAM ~ 25 Squire Street,Rockford ~ If you’re a frozen custard fan, this is the place.
• SCORE RESTAURANT & SPORTS BAR ~ 5301 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township ~ Beach volleyball, lakefront dining under the palm trees. Live entertainment 7 days a week all summer long. A great place to go with little kids. There’s so much to do and they have a lot of fun.
•BLUEWATER GRILL ~ 5180 Northland Drive NE, Grand Rapids Charter Township ~ We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a nice date out away from the kiddos. A little pricey but well worth it. Back in the 1950’s, when we were little kids, this was nothing but a huge quarry pit. Now with its unique Frank Lloyd Wright inspired architecture, it has one of the best water views around.
And a list of our very favorite nearby attractions;
• FISH LADDER SCULPTURE ~ 560 Front Ave. NW, Grand Rapids ~ Built along the Grand River in 1974 by artist Joseph Kinnebrew, the Fish Ladder was created to aid spawning fish in their struggle to swim upstream.
• FREDERIK MEIJER GARDENS & SCULPTURE PARK ~ 1000 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids ~ This 132-acre attraction features the most comprehensive outdoor sculpture collection in the Midwest, indoor and outdoor gardens, largest tropical conservatory in the state, nature trails, guided tram and 5 acre Children’s Garden. Admission charged.
• GERALD R. FORD PRESIDENTIAL MUSEUM ~ 303 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids ~ Experience America's most entertaining presidential museum. Attend a White House State Dinner, step inside the Oval Office and see the original Watergate burglar tools. Also, Smithsonian-caliber changing exhibitions.
• GRAND RAPIDS PUBLIC MUSEUM ~ 272 Pearl St. NW, Grand Rapids ~ This museum offers world-class exhibits on history, nature, cultural heritage and more. Ride a 1928 carousel, catch a show in the planetarium or eat in the cafe overlooking the Grand River. General Admission charged.
• JOHN BALL ZOOLOGICAL GARDEN ~ 1300 W. Fulton St., Grand Rapids ~ Over 2,000 animals and more animal touching exhibits than any other zoo in Michigan; stingrays & sharks, 2 petting corrals, wallabies, camels and budgies. Chimpanzees, lions, grizzly bear, otters, snow leopards, Komodo dragon and many large and small primates. Indoor and outdoor viewing. Full concessions and gift shop. Featuring 300-foot ZIPline, 4-story Ropes Adventure Course, Swan Boats.
• LA GRANDE VITESSE ~ Calder Plaza, Ottawa Ave. between Michigan and Lyon NW, Grand Rapids ~ La Grande Vitesse means the great swiftness, or the grand rapids. Internationally known sculptor, Alexander Calder, designed this piece specifically for this site. It was installed in 1969.
• SANDY BOTTOM BERRIES ~ 11555 Sandy Bottom Road NE, Rockford ~ This is a small, family run, you pick berry farm. Every aspect of their farm is managed, maintained and created with you in mind. Families welcomed.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Sunday
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$600|
Damage/Security deposit will be refunded to you by mail once our inspection is completed after your departure. At our discretion money may be withheld if we have to wash dishes, empty the fridge, clean the stove, replace missing towels, linens, etc., clean up pet waste, haul out overflowing garbage bags or if your dirty towels and bed linens are not left in the bathroom laundry basket.
For those of you who may be looking for a place to escape the dust, noise and general confusion of your own home being renovated our cottage is the perfect place.
Our Off Season Monthly Rental Rate running from October 1, 2016 to May 28, 2017 is $1,550.00 per month. Or with a three month commitment the rent is reduced to $1,395.00 per month. That's a savings of 75%!
Our cottage is a beautiful, quiet place to rent monthly during the autumn/winter/spring season. The Off Season Monthly Rental Rate INCLUDES: Gas, Electric, Water Treatment, Sewer, Garbage, Satellite TV, Internet and Lawn Service when appropriate. Being completely furnished you can store your things in our garage while enjoying skiing, ice fishing, hot chocolate and quiet meditation on the lake. Cleaning and Damage/Security Deposits listed above will apply.
Any and all payments for our cottage rental are nonrefundable.
A deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is due at the time your reservation is made. The remaining 50% plus cleaning fee and damage/security deposit is due two full weeks prior to the first day of the reservation. There will be no proration of the fee should you arrive later (after 4pm Sunday) or leave earlier (before 11am Sunday).
Any and all payments for our cottage rental are nonrefundable.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- Lake View
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1
- Half Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- We will provide our vacationers with bedding including; sheets, pillows, blankets and bedspreads. Also included are bath towels, wash cloths, hand towels and bath mat. For the kitchen there are towels and for lakeside, picnic blankets and plenty of beach towels. The kitchen is fully furnished including an electric stove, refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, toaster, mixer, blender, waffle iron, coffee maker, popcorn popper and a stacked washer/dryer combo. Just like home we will provide dishes, silverware, pots and pans, baking utensils and a Weber charcoal grill. Also included are toilet paper, paper towels, foil and plastic wraps, garbage bags and all necessary soaps, detergents and cleaners. Other amenities include; 24 hour on call maintenance, one stall garage and one outside parking spot, high speed internet service, satellite TV, DVD player, VCR, movies and for those of us who remember such things, oldie-but-goodie records and a turntable. Oh, and jawdropping sunsets!