Charming cottage in Adirondack style. Large porch and outside seating for 6.
Do you remember Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys? What better way for your family to spend a unique and memorable Adirondack vacation than your children tucked to bed in a magic room of their own behind a hidden staircase. Where else would you want to spend a summer vacation when you were 10 years old??
Amazing Adirondack Bungalow with great front porch, sitting atop a knoll just off route nine. Named after the Lake George State Island, Loon is located 1/2 mile south of exit 21, is in a quiet neighborhood on a dead end street and conveniently located midway between Lake George Village strip and the Great Escape Park and Outlets.
Find a respite from the busy village and enjoy sitting on the large porch watching the sun rise over the distant mountains. The spacious living room is decorated in Adirondack décor with serving bar. Large kitchen with wainscotting and table that seats 4. Outside table seats 6. Gas stove, frig, Kuerig coffee maker, and microwave. All the amenities of home.
Three bedrooms. One very large and bright with a Queen size bed and two twins, a The second bedroom is small with a double bed. Upstairs magic room has two twin beds for children age 4 to 16. Along with the cottage there is a private firepit and umbrelled outdoor seating area for six and for everyone to enjoy a cool adirondack evening. check below for more details
Has highchair and porta crib available.
The bookshelf rolls open to reveal a stairway leading to a large room (The magic room) which sleeps 2-3 (I would guess ages 6-14). It is the perfect place to have a memorable Adirondack vacation. Attached are picture of the secret room!!
A unique feature
Also included with the cottage is an AC (some rooms), WIFI, Cable and propane grill.
One of the best amenities is that this cottage is located across the street from the Lake George Bike/hike trail. Head north for a fifteen minute ride to take a dip in Million Dollar Beach (all down hill to the lake, so a bid of a harder pedal home!) or head south to the historic "Feeder Canal". Start the day with a hike along the same path.
Magic Forest Iis right across the street and perfect for younger kids, and Ralph Machio's (Karate Kid) rodeo and new zip line. Walk to the old time saloon for deliscious barbeque. Ten minutes from the Great escape
Two miles south LG village and 2 miles north of the outlets. A perfect blending of two worlds five minutes in either direction!!
A Disney movie Radium Girls was filmed on premises last summer.
To be released this summer
You can arrive any time after one. I will connect with you at some point. Feel free to unload and unpack and make yourself at home. Please leave by 10 am.
The name is on the cottage. This is what it looks like from the back….You can pull right up to the back door.
A few highlights
- Bike Trail – across from the cottages is the bike trail which heads north takes you to
Million Dollar Beach – wonderful walk or bike(remember it is uphill coming back!!).
- Magic Forest – across the street is Magic Forest which is perfect for young children. It is
like going back in time. Has the diving horse.
- Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) rodeo ranch is ¼ mile away.
- Outlets – have doubled in size – 2 miles south
- Lake George Village – 2 miles north
- Fireworks every Thursday night in Lake George Village – get very crowded.
- Many beaches across route 9 – be sure and take a cruise on one of the big lake boats – an evening cruise is the best
- Concerts at Shepherds’ Park most Fridays at the band stand at the village beach.
- Prospect Mountain drive and/or hike – one mile north right before village
– Gas grill
– Wifi – internet Password cozynook7
– Air conditioning in living room, large bedroom and upstairs magic room
– Fire pit – wood can be bought at the Price Chopper – please use cover to present sparks
– Large kitchen with table for four
– New gas stove
– Bar in living room area.
Queen bed in rear bedroom and two singles
– Double bed in front bedroom
– Upstairs magic room…two twin beds.
– Patio table for six in side yard.
– There are fans and heaters available.
– Paper products - beginning supplies of toilet paper, paper towels and dish detergent are provided.
– Pillows, bedspreads and blankets are provided. We prefer you bring your own but linens are available. Please bring your own towels.
– The back hall has a shelf for all dry goods and other supplies that don’t require refrigeration.
– Appliances include Kuerig, microwave, gas stove, refrigerator and plates, mugs, bowels and utensils for 6.
– Trash should be put in proper bags and put in dumpster. (see Map)
– Container for recyclables in each cottage and should be emptied into the appropriate containers next to the dumpster.
– PLEASE HELP us conserve energy. Turn off air when you are not there, and at night. The cottage will cool. Close up camp during the day when you are out.
– Pull down the shades in the rear bedroom in the afternoon as the hot sun sets to the west
– Cleaning supplies and vacuum and broom are provided
– There are very few mosquitos and May flies so no worries keeping the doors open.
– The water is from a well and tastes great.
– Please do not open the futon – there are plenty of beds. Hard to put back upright.
– There are plenty of books for your summer reading. If you are not done please take it with you.
Check –Please leave the cottage neat and clean. Just leave key on kitchen counter and leave door open. Check out is 10 am