Two bedroom, one bathroom apartment on quiet, safe, tree-lined street.
Find peace and tranquility in this spacious, light filled pre-war apartment. Four blocks from Central Park, one block from the East River all within steps of the subway, this 2 bedroom apartment is a gem. Located on beautiful tree-lined 84th street, this apartment boasts one queen size bed, one twin size bed, a sleeper / sofa and an eat in kitchen. There are restaurants and bars aplenty if you'd like to get a taste of one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the New York City. Or, settle in for a cozy night with Showtime, HBO, Cinemax and Starz.
10 days in NYC
About the Owner
4.7 based on 42 traveler reviews
Nice place to stay!
We had a great stay in this apt. Apt was very clean! It was nice for everyone to have their own bed. Had one small issue with the bathroom light and Fiona resolved it for us. She was also very helpful with parking instructions! We felt like we experienced an "authentic" neighborhood and it was great to experience that instead of a hotel. We loved Salvo's pizza right in the neighborhood.
10 days in NYC
The Upper East Side is a great location. Easy walk to Central Park, museums and Carl S. park. Also, very easy to get to the subway line. It is a nice location to be able to get away from the crowds in Midtown. The apartment is spacious for 4 guest and has everything you would need. Fiona is always easy to communicate with and responds to any questions without hesitation. This is the 2nd time I have stayed (2015 & 2016) and will continue to book her place when available.
Loved the Place!
Just got back from a 13 day stay at this apartment on the upper East side. I have been to New York about 30 times, and this is the most enjoyable place I have stayed. When booking this great place, keep in mind that the common hall way appears to have last been painted many years ago, and is very drab. Also, bear in mind that this is a 5th floor walk up, which could be tough for young families or those older or in poor health. Those factors aside, I will be back because:
1) My wife and I arrived about 30 minutes earlier than expected, and the cleaning lady was still there. She was nice as heck, and the place was absolutely spotless.
2) It is roomier than anything you will probably find at 3 times the price. I have stayed at much more expensive New York hotels, and had 1/4 the space.
3) This is an old building, so you can't expect it to be like a luxury hotel built in the 21st century. That is the charm. It feels like real New York.
4) What you see is what you get. The place looks like the pictures.
5) Fiona was great to do business with. I had questions about the internet and cable TV, and she answered me promptly. Upon leaving, my deposit was promptly returned to my paypal account.
6) Great location....a 15 minute walk to a 4,5,6 train on Lexington, and a bit farther to Central Park. Carl Schultz Park, which is really nice and on the River, is only a 10 minute walk away. Lots of restaurants, a grocery store, and anything else you would need within walking distance.
7) The beds are really comfortable. The window air conditioner kept the place cool even though it was pretty hot a couple of the days we were there. We slept great!
8) The building is really solid, and you never hear anything from neighboring units.
We will be back next year! I highly recommend this place!
Great apartment, excellent owner
The property is exactly as shown in the photographs on the listing. It is an old building, so it is filled with character. The bathroom is very small as has been reported by others but the shower is good, what more do you want? The location is excellent, close to transport links and the local shopping is also good. There are plenty of places to eat within a short walk, if you don't fancy it you could easily eat in at the apartment using the provided facilities.
Fiona is an excellent host who made our stay the best it could be, really good communication and helpful when needed to be. She answers any questions very promptly and efficiently, if all owners were like Fiona you would be able to travel happy.
Terrific Apartment for Young Family
Our family (2 adults and 2 children) spent four nights in this terrific apartment. The space was exactly as described in the listing and, aside from the bathroom, the overall space was actually more spacious than we had expected. The building is centrally located to anything you would need or want to enjoy your time in New York City. Fiona, the property owner, was extremely reliable and attentive to our needs before and during our stay. We would definitely recommend this rental opportunity to others and hope it is available for us to stay in again on our next NYC visit.
Perfect location, very attentive owner
Thanks to Fiona’s apartment, my three half-grown up children and I had a fantastic week in New York. At 15 minutes walk from Central Park, in reach of buses and subway station and with a comfortable local infrastructure, the location couldn’t be better. As Fiona announces rightaway in her description of the apartment, it is on the 5th floor with no elevator. No problem for us, especially since Germans usually start counting above the ground floor so the ascension was shorter than we expected! The apartment is exactly as described. It has everything you need for a stay of several days. I’d maybe invest for some more cups and glasses, rebrush the shower and wipe the windows but these are the only proposals I have. Fiona, although we did not meet her personally, was most attentive to every question or little issue we had. The apartment was clean and comfortable, so were bedsheets and towels, and we appreciated finding food essentials in the fridge and cupboards so we didn’t have to buy everything from scratch. Next time we come back we will definitely consider staying with Fiona again.
Activity and Interests
Cycling, roller blading, walking, museums, farmer's markets, live theater, live opras,
broadway shows, fine restaurants and all that New York City has to offer
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 2016 - Oct 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
Nov 1 2016 - Dec 31 2016
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$80|
Nightly Rate: $150 - $220
Weekly Rate: $1000 - $1540
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Jan 1st - May 31st
$1,050 / week
$150 / night
June 1st - Sept 30th
$1400 / week
$200 / night
Oct. 1st - Dec. 31st
$1540 / week
$220 / night
Half payment is due up front to confirm bookings. The second half is due approximately 1 week before arrival.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- 450 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, shower, Small, but has everything you need!
- This bathroom is small, but it has everything you need: great water pressure, unlimited hot water, a medicine cabinet for toiletries, a hairdryer, and, last but not least - a dimmer switch for when you'd like to take a nice hot bath with soft lighting.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 twin/ single
- Bedroom 3 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, This sleeper / sofa is located in the living room & sleeps 2
- Guests provide their own meals
- high speed wireless internet Showtime, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, TiVo 42' TV coffee maker(s) towels & sheets microwave oven toaster air conditioner 1 queen size bed 1 twin size bed 1 sleeper / sofa 4 ceiling fans