Large Studio Cottage, Sleeps 4, 1-min walk to Beach, 5-min walk to Center
About The Baxters
We have been coming to this neighborhood of Wells, Maine since 2002 when we bought our summer cottage. We love it here and just recently moved here full time and live right next door!
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Nice little cottage right next to the beach. Great amenities provided and perfect location.
All you need is your food, clothes and linen.
We'll book again. Thank you :)
Needs updating, which they are doing now.
Great location. 1 block to the beach
This cozy cottage is perfect for two people. The location is great, right down the block from the ocean. The owners are very thoughtful with kitchen items, lots of hooks for hanging things. I would say it’s a rustic cabin, nothing fancy. We had plenty of fans available but during the day with the high temperatures we have been getting this year cabin still got hot. We were not at the cabin that much so it didn’t effect us too much in fact at night it actually got very cool so we had to close windows. There is no interior ceilings. It’s a beamed roof overhead no insulation. Also the windows are just storms, so could be hard to open and close. This is a great location we enjoyed many local walks, Condons donuts, their food trucks, Wells lobster pound just up the road. We saw dolphins on Marginal way walk and seals in Wells beach. If you’re looking for a good deal this is it.
The place was nice, clean, and cozy with that cottage feel. It’s very close to the beach with a 2 min. walk which is great. If was to do one thing to the place, it would be to replace the windows. It’s very hard and a pain to open the storm windows switching from the window if it rains to the screens. I would also update the bathroom but know it would hard because of the roof line and the placement of the shower.
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your suggestions. In fact, we are looking at those upgrades for next summer. We will be describing any upgrades to the property description before summer 2020.
Perfect little cabin,really clean,amazing location,!
Très belle petite maisonnette,charmante,dans un arrière court avec d’autres maisons tout près et les propriétaires à côté!
Pas de vue mais super bien situé,près de la plage 1 min de marche,près d’une grande épicerie,wells est entre Kennebunkport et d’Ogunquit.
J’y retournerais bien volontier!
We really enjoyed our stay. Calla and Arthur are amazing hosts. AC would be a nice addition to this property. The cottage was clean. We had everything we needed. So close to the beach that you can come back to the cottage for lunch. Highly recommended for 2 or family with 1 kid.
• Wells Beach, only steps from the house, is a wonderful way to spend your days, but there are many other ways to enjoy your time in the Wells area:
• Walk to Wells center with arcade, shops, restaurant, and Wells trolley stop.
• Attend professional live Theatre at the Ogunquit Playhouse
• Wells Harbor Community Park offers free summer concerts on Saturday evening from July to Labor Day.
• Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge offers hiking on one-mile Carson Trail that meanders through pine woods and offers views of expansive, tidal salt marshes,
• Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farm has 7 miles of gentle terrain trails with spectacular views and access to woodlands, fields, wetlands, beach and dunes is ideal for casual hikers.
• Wells Harbor contains private marina offering canoe and kayak rentals, fishing and bait tackle.
• Perkins Cove in Ogunquit offers Sailboat rides, fishing trips, whale watching, lobstering, etc.
• Ogunquit and Perkins Cove (10 min Drive), Kittery Outlets (20 min drive), Portsmouth and Strawberry Bank (25 min drive), and Portland (40 min drive) offer additional shopping, restaurants, sailing and numerous activities