House, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Welcome to our homey, 3 bedroom summer house with a large living room, eat-in-kitchen and a bathroom just steps away from a private beach (with dock!) on beautiful Lake George. Step out the front door onto a 10 x 27 foot deck with a gas BBQ and Patio set and take in the view! We are a very family-friendly rental... keep reading for more details!
**Please be aware that maximum occupancy is strictly limited to 6 people. This is set by our neighborhood association. Even infants count as people.**
About the Owner
Hi! We're Julie, Christi, Rachel and Roy and we own The Campbell House on Still Bay. Our grandparents bought this house in the 1960s and in the early 2000s we had the opportunity to purchase the home ourselves and we jumped at the opportunity. We love spending time on Still Bay and now bring our own kids there!
Guestbook comments from the manager
Off season weekends at The Campbell House are our favorite. The water's still warm, most of the tourists have left Lake George and the colors are breathtaking. There's nothing like waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and watching the steam rise off the lake from the comfort of your "own" kitchen. Can't recommend it enough!
(4 traveler reviews)
A Relaxing Retreat
My family and I have been spending ours summers at the Lake House on Still Bay for the last six summers and have always thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The house has always been kept extremely clean and well stocked with all of the necessary supplies (pots and pans, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.). Speaking with the owner has also been a joy. They were very helpful in coordinating my vacation dates as well as answering any questions I may have about Lake George or the home itself. If you are looking for a simple, relaxing vacation to take with your family or loved one, this is place for you!!!!
With all the anemities of home and its location just steps away from a private beach on the lake, this house is an Adirondack vacationer's paradise. The house is roomy, clean and comfortable and the lake view from the deck is magnificent. Its the perfect place to simply kick back and relax or take in all the attractions and activities Lake George has to offer. My family and I come back every summer, sometimes more than once. We absolutely love it and highly recommend it!
A Gem of a home to rent in Lake George
If you are looking for a cozy home to rent in the Lake George area, I'd highly recommend this property.
Only steps to a private beach, this home comfortably sleeps six. With a gorgeous view of Lake George it makes for the perfect vacation spot. Quiet, clean, excellently maintained, it is a home away from home set perfectly between the Village of Lake George and the beautiful town of Bolton Landing. I have spent many wonderful family vacations at this home and very much look forward to going back this year.
From the Owner
“At first we bought the property just to keep it in the family-- it needed a lot of TLC to get it ready for renters. Now we maintain this property because it is one of our favorite vacation spots on Earth and because it is home to some many fantastic memories-- both for our selves and our renters! We have some families that have been renting with us for more than 10 years and it has become their home-away-from-home too.”
Activity and Interests
Near by (within 20 minutes) you will find several golf courses, mini golf, Great Escape, The Magical Forest, water parks, hiking trails, horse back riding (across the street) Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Horse Racing, Adventure Ziplinging, and much more.
Lake George Activities: Americade, Car Show, Balloon Festival, Thursday Fireworks, Concerts. Other Cities Glens Falls, Warrensburgh, Bolton Landing, Saratoga Springs, Colony, Fort Edward.
Please contact me for information on local activities- there are many hidden "deals" that will save you lots of money at local attractions! Two of my favorites: if you go to The Magical Forest after 3PM, you will receive a ticket to come back the next day for Free! Or, if you call Waterslide World before visiting, you can ask for a discount coupon that is only available by phone.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Interior Details: This house is fully furnished. The living room has a couch and a loveseat with an ottoman that doubles as a corner chair, a TV and lighting. In the kitchen you will find a table with settings for 6 and all of the kitchen essentials to cook at home or re-heat the previous day's "doggie bag". One bedroom has a queen sized bed, one has a full sized bed and the middle bedroom has a pair of twin beds (there is a roll away bed in one of the bedrooms as well). While each bed does have a bedspread, PLEASE NOTE that you do need to provide your own sheets/pillows/pillow cases. The bathroom is a standard shower/tub set up (please bring your own towels) and we have some extra toiletries stashed away incase you forgot any of your own. The air conditioning unit does an excellent job of cooling the house during the day, if necessary, and the mountain air will usually take care of it at night. There is cell phone/WiFi access throughout the house. Exterior Details: We have an oversized front deck facing the lake. The deck sports a brand new grill and a table with seating for six-- and a gate that can be closed with a latch to keep small children from wandering down the stairs. The driveway accomodates two cars and there is a hose right beside the front steps for rinsing feet. A small storage area under the house is stocked with standard sand toys and beach accessories. This property is located on Still Bay where the water is generally very calm and warm. There is a clean and safe swimming area for children- first thing in the morning the water is so still and clear that you can watch the minnows and sunfish chase bugs and nibble at plants-- or the bait you are dangling off the side of the dock (we usually have the best luck catching sunfish in the third and fourth dock slips on the left!!). The beach is large and sandy. When looking out at the lake from the beach you see Diamond Island, which is the first Island boaters see when traveling north up the lake from Lake George Village. Each home owner also has their own personal boat slip should you have your own boat or jet ski. My slip will hold a boat up to 20ft. There are other slips available but that depends on availability.