House, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 8 Sleeps
Feel at home in this newly remodeled 2,100 sq. ft. home. Large patio with
fantastic view, walking distance to miles of hiking and mountain biking trails,
minutes’ drive to Old Tucson Studios, the wild life museum, National Park and
many other natural amenities. Ride the side by side trike cycle to shopping and
cafes. Watch the many varieties of wild life from the back patio or comfortable
picture window seating indoors. Backing up to a desert preserve you will never
have a neighbor behind you. Large Tile floors, Granite counter tops and South West
décor exemplifies this wonderful home. A short drive to down town Tucson, the airport
and Gates Pass (a must see at sundown) make this a perfect location for
Cyclist, Bird Watchers, Golfers, Hikers and Masters of Leisure alike.
About the Owner
4.8 based on 4 traveler reviews
Spacious and Comfortable
This house was a good choice for an early spring getaway. The neighborhood is quiet, and the house floor-plan is open and inviting. The furniture is comfortable and the decor is attractive. The private backyard affords a gorgeous mountain view! (The patio furniture is cast-iron with cushions, so stop by Walmart and buy a lounge chair if you want to lie in the sun.) This location is great for mountain bikers (lots of trails nearby), but not the best for roadies. To access other areas of Tucson (or "The Loop" bike path), you must cycle on a high-speed road with lots of glass and other debris along the shoulder. We simply loaded the bikes into our car and drove to better cycling access points. The nearby hiking in Saguaro National Park (West) was wonderful! There are a couple of good restaurants (and a Family Dollar store) within a 5-minute walk from the house--very convenient. The only negative about my stay was the long list of chores on the "Departure Checklist." It includes washing and folding all the sheets and towels, vacuuming the floors, and taking out the trash. It took me 3 hours to clean on the morning of my checkout day! This is in addition to the $100 cleaning fee included in the rent. That said, this house was still a great value and a good base for a fun vacation.
A last minute business trip to Tucson had us scrambling for a place to stay. After searching vacation rentals we found this beautiful 4 bedroom home! The location was PERFECT for our trip. We attended the Spring Grand Trap/Skeet shoot which turned out to be minutes away! The suggestions you gave for dining were excellent! The back yard patio and views were very relaxing after a long day at the range. Thank you for sharing your home with us! We plan to return some day!
The Happy House
My grandchildren (ages 3 and 6) named this the "Happy House" during our Christmas-week stay. 4 adults and 2 children loved the house from the moment we arrived. It was clean, organized and perfect for us. We loved being close to Old Tucson Studios, the Desert Museum and other Tucson attractions.
The gated patio served as a safe and exciting place for the children to play. The bird life was awesome. Thanks to our hosts for having the feeders filled prior to our arrival. The fire pit served us well for s'mores. Neighbors were friendly and helpful.
Thank you to Andi and Doug for providing friendly and complete customer service prior to our stay. We would go back in a minute!
This house has a great location. Right down the street from Old Tucson, Gates Pass (sunset watching) and Desert Museum. There are also many trails close by to adventure on. The house also had great views from patio, we enjoyed coffee birdwatching and even saw a bobcat chasing a rabbit. There is a Food City about a mile away to stock the house. We want to go back already!
Activity and Interests
* Old Tucson Studios
* Wild Life Mueseum
* El Tour Cycling Century Race November
* Mountain biking (See books and flyers in home)
* St. Augustine Cathederl
* Mission San Xavier del Bac
* Tuson Botanical Gardens
* Gem and Mneral Show February
* Gates Pass Park
* Star Pass Golf and Restaurants
* Pima Air and Space Museum
* AZ Sonora Desert Museum
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly Rate: $675 - $900
Monthly Rate: $675 - $900
* November - May $900/wk - $3300/mo
* June & October $750/wk - $2700/mo
* July - September $675/wk - $2400/mo
* Cleaning fee $90 (non-refundable)
* 50% deposit at time of booking. Balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
* Long-term rental available at discounted rate.
* Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
* Cancellations accepted in writing, up to one month (30 calendar days)
prior to arrival for a full refund, less a $50 administrative fee. Notice must
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- * Spacious Home * Backyard wild life * Large Kitchen, Master Suite, Great Room * 1100sq.Ft. Patio * Great Views of Tucson and CatMountains * Gas / Charcoal Grill / Smoker * Full laundry room * Two car garage * Fully functional kitchen * Easy Access to Shopping, Golf, Swimming, Hiking, Cycling * Short drive to Hwy 10 and 19 as well as Airport and down town Tucson * CASINO !!!! 10 minutes away * Complimentary Wine !