House, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, Sleeps 9
Wilderness lodge is the perfect place to go to get away from a fast paced lifestyle. Tucked away in the woods this 5 bedroom 4 bathroom house is perfect for enjoying the outdoors. This property is host to a beautiful running creek which is home to native rainbow trout. Wilderness Lodge is only minutes away from Ohiopyle and many Historic landmarks, such as 2 architectural masterpieces of the 20th century by one of America's most famous architects Frank LLoyd Wright, and Fort Necessity.
December Stay with Kids
About the Owner
4.8 based on 4 traveler reviews
Family Birthday Weekend
We really enjoyed our weekend stay in early February 2016. This lodge was awesome. Very spacious. private bedrooms and well equipped kitchen. Decor was pleasant.
Dishwasher didn't work very well. Missed an outdoor hot tub, but it was a bit chilly anyway.
You will not be disappointed in this fabulous lodge!
December Stay with Kids
Great place. Top notch amenities. Kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms were stocked really well. Very secluded. Flat screen TVs in all bedrooms with Cable, ability to connect to your netflix / amazon accounts. Went with a group with kids. Lots of space. Things to plan for. 1. No wireless phone service. In case of emergency, you have to get out for 5 miles to get some phone service. Take VoIP phones. 2. Local store access is around 30 mins one way. 3. Take addition DVD players with HDMI cables 4. No WiFi Access. We purchased a WiFi Router Owner is very responsive. Overall we had a great experience!
Great place. Top notch amenities. Kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms were stocked really well. Very secluded. Flat screen TVs in all bedrooms with Cable, ability to connect to your netflix / amazon accounts. Went with a group with kids. Lots of space.
Things to plan for.
1. No wireless phone service. In case of emergency, you have to get out for 5 miles to get some phone service. Take VoIP phones.
2. Local store access is around 30 mins one way.
3. Take addition DVD players with HDMI cables
4. No WiFi Access. We purchased a WiFi Router
Owner is very responsive. Overall we had a great experience!
Beautiful home and setting
We were one of the first to stay here and were very apprehensive because the house was not quite completed. But Jim and his crew did their best to make everything right and at the end we were very pleased with the house.
The furnishings were top notch, and very beautiful while still comfortable. Every evening when we came back to the cabin there were a couple of deer standing near the stream or behind the house. It was so quiet and peaceful. The kitchen, baths and bedrooms were fully equipped with everything you need, even hot dog sticks for the fire pit. We celebrated our son's wedding with a rehearsal dinner and were able to easily accomodate everyone even when it rained. And it was great to know that there were no neighbors closeby to disturb when we were gathered around the firepit at night.
The property was gorgeous and remote and very peaceful. We could not get cell phone service, but that helped make it even more peaceful! We would love to come back again to see the completed home and enjoy it fully when we aren't involved in a wedding!
Activity and Interests
Wilderness Lodge is just minutes away from the most beautiful scenery in Southwestern Pa.
Ohiopyle State Park- home of several natural waterfalls. The most famous being The Ohiopyle Falls of the Youghiogheny River. Adventure seekers come and enjoy the best white waters in the east. Class III and IV rapids abound starting at the base of the great falls. Biking- Youghiogheny River provides 27 miles of flat riding within the park. Hiking- nearly 80 miles of trails.
Other Attractions include-
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
* 7 Slopes @ Mystic Mountain, 3 Lifts
* Snow Tubing - 800 ft Tubing Park, Cross Country Skiing - 1.5 mile trail
* Resort and Spa, Casual Dinning and much more!
Seven Springs Ski Resort
* 32 Slopes and Trails, 6 Terrain Parks, Snow Tubing 12 Chutes
* Indoor Activities, Bowling, Mini Golf, Bear Trap Fun Zone, Roller Skating and Blading
Wisp - Deep Creek MD
* Snow Tubing - 10 tub shoots,
* Moutain Coaster, Flying Squirrel, Canopy Tour, Ice Skating, Snowmobiling and much more.
Christian Clay Winery
Fort Necessity Battlefield
Antique shops- River's Edge (Confluence Pa) Dusty Attic (Historic Uniontown)
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $250 - $325
Weekly Rate: $1900 - $2300
Monthly Rate: $1900 - $2300
2 Night Minimum Stay ~ 3 Night Minimum Stay for Holidays ($450 per night)
November 1 - April 30 Rates
$250 Week Nights (Mon, Tues, Wed)
$325 Weekend Nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun)
May 1 - October 31 Rates
$295 Week Nights (Mon, Tues, Wed)
$395 Weekend Nights (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun)
The following applies to all seasons:
$50 Per Night Refundable Security Deposit
$10 per person/per night for anymore that 10.
9% Tax on Rental Rates (Excludes Security Deposit)
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Personal Checks through a secure website where you "Click and Pay"
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
- Dining Area
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Guests provide their own meals
- Wilderness Lodge is fully equipped with all of your vacation needs. The open floor plan gives you a chance to be in on all the action while preparing meals in the fully stocked kitchen. You can kick up your feet and relax in the loft overlooking the floor plan below. On the upper level you will find a bedroom with two twin size beds. There is also a full bathroom with a 2 person jacuzzi. This is perfect for unwinding after a busy day. . Downstairs you will find the kitchen, a dining room table and a large living room with a flat screen television. Also downstairs there are 2 master suites with queen size beds and full bathrooms. There are 2 additional bedrooms downstairs one with a queen bed and the other with a full bed. In the living room there is a sofa. If you want to enjoy the outdoors, you found the right place. You can sit on the large deck and enjoy the wildlife. There is also a bbq grill and fire pit. So please book your vacation today at Wilderness Lodge.