Studio, 0 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 2 Double Beds
Great Ocean and Marina View directly from the room. Walking distance to world famous Ala Moana Shopping Center, Magic Island, Waikiki, Yacht Harbor and more.
Cozy and cute studio with kitchenette that includes 2 burners, dishwasher, microwave, and a full size refrigerator. Free WiFi, Free Secured Garage Parking. Two double size beds and can sleep up to 4 people.
It comes with FREE SECURED PARKING, FREE WiFi, FREE PHONE CALLS NATIONWIDE AND CANADA. Additional amenities include a swimming pool, hot tub, and tennis court.
Very secure - There is a resident manager on site and 24 hour security patrol and video in the building. Required 3 days minimum stay. No refund. Credit only.
This is a NON SMOKING ROOM.
Owner reserves the right to cancel this Rental Agreement without prior notice, at any time and without liability in the event of a sale of the Unit, or if the Unit becomes uninhabitable, damaged or otherwise unavailable. In this case, a full refund will be issued to Guest
Money for the bang plus parking
The kitchen bench/cupboard was bit worn off (old wooden furniture), but for us, we had no problem using it.
The fridge was big enough for us. It is not a bar fridge in a hotel. It is a proper modern house fridge.
Ala Moana center was one bridge cross away. 7 min to walk there, very safe, well lit, lots of cars and pedestrians.
Major activity pick up location Illikai Hotel is 2 crossings away. (Across McDonalds)
Bus stop is in front of McDonalds, across ABC store.
Here's what we found that was not mentioned in the description.
There are plenty of cloth hangers.
There are basic seasonings for cooking.
There was a vacuum cleaner, mob.
There was a hair drier.
Internet was fast enough for my daughter to watch Netflix.
New safe installed.
2 beach towels, 6 towels and few face towels provided.
4th floor is a laundry floor.
Toilet flushes well.
Water pressure was good.
Hot water was good.
Local calls are free, but we couldn't receive calls via Skype ( cheaper, right ? - it says that the number cannot receive a blocked call ), so we had to use our roaming phone.
These are the things you need to supply if you are staying long.
No boxed tissue.
Not enough toilet paper, paper towels. But ABC store is right next door.
One small soap is provided, it won't last long.
There is no electric kettle, but an old school kettle is there (you just need to pay attention).
Air-conditioning was bit noisy, but so do other (old) condos in Hawaii. As you can see in the photo, it's a window wall unit. go figure ;). I'm just glad it was there. You will get used to it. We blocked the air flow using ironing board with towels on hanger, so the cold air doesn't get to us directly on our face while we were sleeping. Or put pillows on the other side of the bed, that works too.
Overall, it was a great experience. It could have been better with the communication regarding late check out, but you can't win everything. Two thumbs up. Yes we will definitely pick this one again.
And whoever, put broken glass on the cupboard, shame on you! Do you have to be that cheap?
About the Owner
I am not the owner of the unit, but I am the real estate agent who manage this unit since 2012 when my client bought this unit in 2012.
I am the CEO of Hawaii Top Budongsan and belong to Keller Williams Honolulu.
3.8 based on 16 traveler reviews
Convenient location + free parking
1. Good location - close to restaurants, Ala Moana mall and beach. On quieter side of Waikiki
2. Free parking. Hotel next to us charging $25/day
3. Hot water in apartment was awesome. Worked quickly and didn't run out.
4. Free internet/wifi - worked well and easy to set up
5. Free local phone calls
1. Elevator - worked majority of times but was slow. Took stairs sometimes, only ~ 5 minutes up. The elevators are going through "modernisation" and is expected to continue until 2019.
2. Only 1 key given to get into building
Left stranded on first night
Left Stranded on first Night...”
Upon arriving after a 9 hour flight , we were left stranded for 3.5 hrs as Jeannie had ignored our calls to get entry into the building . Once contact was made we fought hard to get the nights accomodation reimbursed we had to shell out for . Once we were in the apartment everything was just fine a little cramped in the bathroom and noisy aircon unit but for the price it did the job . Ensure you have a door code you can enter the room with incase your stuck with the excuse of the cleaners in the apartment and make contact before you fly out.
Cheap and Convenient but Dirty
If I was to describe this place, it was old, dirty but convenient. I had emailed Jeannie prior stating my concerns of the cleanliness of the place after reading someone else's review and she said she will forward to the cleaners to ensure the place was clean. When I got in and examined the room, I was greeted with a cockroach floating/swimming in the toilet (my friend had to flush it down for me), the toilet bowl had some things stuck on it, and noticed someone's red hairs around the sink (none of us had dyed hair). The beds and pillows were very well slept in and in desperate need of new mattresses and pillows. I didn't dare to open the cabinets or closets in fear of something might crawl out at me. My hubby was around the kitchen and says the counter smells. We laid out paper towel just to place whatever we had on the table. The studio apartment was really small (the pictures do make it look larger than what you see and cleaner), we had trouble laying out our luggage. The note in the washroom says there were 2 beach towels for use, however, beach were no where to be found. There is a tatami mat in the closet (probably left by a prior guest). Make sure to bring slippers, I brought slippers and by the end of the 7 days at the apartment, the bottoms were dark and I threw them out (usually I keep them). We were lucky that the elevator wasn't as bad as prior reviews. The most we had to wait was probably 5 mins and both elevators were working. Getting into the apartment was as per the instructions, we didn't have problems with the parking permit, codes, etc. All in all, for the price you pay, it honestly just a place you sleep and shower in with free parking, cable and WiFi. The deal is too good to be true to have a clean place to live in.
Comfortable, pleasant and quick contact with owner, elevator was a problem
Room was a little dated compared to photos, however it was comfortable and Jeannie was very helpful and quick with responses. Being on level 26 with 1 elevator to service 40 floors (should be 2 but 1 elevator out of service) was problematic with 3 kids, luggage and having tours etc booked. We were up and down the 26 flights of stairs everyday to make it to places on time (waited over 25min one day for elevator before giving up and other days when it finally arrived it was full of people - so stairs again). While this isn't Jeannie's fault by any means, every time we did get in elevator it was all everyone spoke about - from owners to renters - apparently one owner said there is a 2.5 year wait until new elevators are being installed.
Overall it was ok, suited us location wise, the view was quite nice (though I did worry about no railing outside window with young kids), security staff were helpful and pleasant, we just made sure we allowed extra time to get where we were going each day
There were a few negatives and positives about this property.
• When I first arrived late, I followed the directions on the instructions that were sent through email. It indicates that there would be a folder on the glass table. To my surprise, there was nothing there! Of course based off the instructions, if I didn’t have a parking permit, my car would be towed within the 24 house. I tried calling the property manager and to no surprise, I did not get the hold of her so I left a few messages. The next day, we left another message and did not get a call back until later in the afternoon on what to do.
• The property looks nothing like the pictures! I felt like I was just staying at extended America. It was just a place to sleep and shower.
• The bathroom was dirty. I called and text the property manager and she assured me that no one has complained about the property being dirty. But there was mold in the shower. I
• Also, the condo has a sign that they don’t wear shoes in the house but when we were walking around in our socks; our socks were black from the dirt within the first few hours! So we wore sandals the whole time we were there. Out of the shower and right when we took off our shoes.
• The elevator was not working the for 2 of the days we were there. In the morning, the elevator was working where we were able to go downstairs. But after a day of hiking at Diamond Head or Monoa Falls, to our surprise, the elevator was not working! We had to walk up the stairs to the 26th floor! For 2 days we had to do that! It was horrible! Especially after our hike!
• Curtain was broken but it kept the room dark.
• Old furniture. Needs to update to one king bed and a sofa instead of two full size beds.
• The location was good. We had everything around. We were able to walk across the street to the beaches. They had a lot of good restaurants around as well as bars.
• AC was cold so it kept us cool because the room is very stuffy. Can’t open the windows because there’s no screen to keep away mosquitoes or bugs if we were to open the windows.
Great view, location, price....some issues, though!
Great studio condo with spectacular views! The location is central to the marina, Ala Moana shopping center, and Waikiki. The price is fabulous (which includes a gated parking space!!! This is a huge bonus!!!) The condo needs some cosmetic refreshing...overall a nice little place. The water pressure and temperature works well. The kitchen is small but very functional, includes a full-size refrigerator. The beds were comfortable!
NOTE: The main negative issue is the ELEVATOR. There are two elevators in the building. One did not work the entire eight days I was there. The second elevator did not work for part of one of the days. Everyone, (including guests, residents, and cleaning crews) all had to use the one working elevator. Depending on the time of day, the wait could be very lengthy. I talked to a 4-year resident of the building and he remarked that the "elevator is always an issue"! Fortunately, I only had to walk DOWN 26 floors a few times. Some people had to walk UP 26+ floors.
Activity and Interests
The Address of Waikiki Marina Condo is 1700 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu. HI 96815.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 20 2016 - Feb 28 2017
2 night minimum stay
Summer High Season
Jun 10 2017 - Aug 20 2017
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|One time cleaning fee||$100 + Tax|
$99.00 + Tax(13.95%) per night + $100.00 one time cleaning fee.
If you are not satisfied with the cleanness of the room, I will refund you $120.00.
We need 50% deposit when guest makes a reservation and the remaining balance needs to be paid in full by 30 days prior to check-in. Requires 2 nights minimum stay. 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date
Check in is 3:00 p.m. check out is 11:00 There is $40.00 charge for late check out by 9:00 p.m.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Free secured parking, Free WiFi, Free internet and Free phone calls in USA and Canada. Prime location near by Beach, Magic Island, Ala Moana Shopping Center, Hilton Hawaiian Village and Waikiki. 24 hour security guard.”
- Air Conditioning
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- coin laundry
- recreation center
- water parks
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1
- Studio, Sleeps 4
- Outdoor Grill
- Swimming Pool, Hot Tub, Tennis Court, WIFI, and FREE PARKING SPACE.