House, 6 Bedrooms, 5 Baths, Sleeps 14 (Sofa Sleeper Sleeps 2)
Lake living at its best! This beautiful vacation home is located on the sunset side of Black Lake with a huge private sandy beach (approximately 150 feet) and features three attached private bedrooms/ bathrooms with exterior entrances. It is adjacent to Onaway State Park and all of its amenities. Dining and grocery shopping are just 5 minutes away.
Enjoy your time on gorgeous Black Lake, which is known for its wonderful fishing, boating, swimming, and hiking. Black Lake features safe sandy beaches and bottom. Trails are minutes away for biking, hiking, and ATVing. Fish for Walleye, Perch, Muskie, and Bass. End your days making memories watching the most breathtaking sunsets you’ve ever seen!!
About the Owner
(6 traveler reviews)
We had a large group of adults enjoy this property this weekend and had a blast, Owners were very commodating to there guest to make sure they achieve the best stay possible. The water is about 1 1/2 to 3 ft deep for a good city block, all sand bottomed, perfect waters for kayaking or motor boating just be prepared to anchor your boat out a few feet beyond the dock if it's a larger inbound outboard, because of the shallower waters, we enjoyed the strong presence of the northern lights on the first night. 211 bar/grill (awesome food) & gas station is about 2 mins away
A perfect location for recreation AND relaxation!
This was our second time visiting this cabin on Black Lake! We have been so pleased with the property and the owners, Jerry and Kathy. Given the old motel set up we are able to rent the main house and multiple rooms to bring friends and family along for the fun. Here are some specifics.
Beach and Waterfront: A good size, sandy and shallow, great for little ones.
Firepit: Located right by the water.The Adirondack chairs were a little uncomfortable so consider bringing bag chairs. Wood is available for purchase near by.
Yard: Very big. Great for yard games and sports.
Boat recreation and Fishing: We bring our fishing boat and utilize the boat hoist. There is a table to clean the walleye and pike that are caught. We also were able to take out the row boats a few times. Pretty fun for the kids.
The description is spot on as far and the property was well-maintained as we are concerned. We will continue to book our vacations at this gem on Black Lake!
Perfect cottage rental
We loved our vacation here on black lake. The cottages and adjoining rooms worked out perfect for our family of 12. It is very well maintained and exceptionally clean. Jerry and Kathy are wonderful people and very willing to help with anything possible!! I will definately be returning in 2017 which can't come soon enough!!
Great vacation spot
Great family vacation spot . The property was beautiful and extremely well cared for very clean. It had everything you could want or need . Fantastic outdoor space included a fire pit barbecue picnic tables chairs plenty of room for everyone to get around comfortably . Main part of the house was large enough for everyone to eat meals inside Also you had your own separate bedrooms which gave you your own private space . The owners Jerry and Kathy were very gracious host and available if there was something needed. I will definitely be looking at this property to rent again in 2017
Perfect rental for our family vacation!
This rental was perfect for our family, 6 adults and 2 toddlers. The main house was big enough for all of us to gather for meals and some tv time. With 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms we all had our own private space. Black Lake is beautiful and the sandy beach was great for the kids. There is a large grassy yard for space to play and a nice fire pit. Kathy and Jerry were the perfect hosts and we would definitely rent from them again.
Great Vacation Spot!
This rental provided a great vacation for our family. 7 adults and 1 child fit perfectly. There is a HUGE yard. Plenty of room for bocce ball, ladder golf and bags (at the same time!). The beach is nice, and the lake is sandy. It is located adjacent to the state park with volleyball and trails for hiking. We brought our fishing boat, and there is a boat hoist with a dock that worked perfect. Lots of outdoor seating and parking, Weber charcoal grill provided. Very nice fire pit large enough for the whole family to sit around. We hiked thru the park and collected FREE firewood. Free wi-fi provided. 45 minute drive to the Mackinac Bridge, 30 minutes from Cheboygan. The nearest town is 5 miles away and there is a grocery store and an outdoors store with anything you may have forgotten. The owners were very friendly and the property was clean. Perfect spot for a family vacation!
Activity and Interests
Nationally renowned Black Lake Golf Course only 5 minutes away
10 minutes to Stoney Links Golf Course in Onaway
Adjacent to state land
Approximately 45 minutes to Mackinaw City, Petoskey, and Gaylord
Catch a ferry to Mackinaw Island 45 minutes away at Mackinaw City
5 minutes to Black Lake Recreation park with several trails and dunes for ATVs, hiking, and biking
30 minutes to Cheboygan and Rogers City
Bowling and movie theaters in Cheboygan and Rogers City
20 minutes to Ocqueoc Falls
5 minutes to Onaway
Surrounded by dining options minutes away (211 Restaurant, Lorenzo’s, The Bluffs, Rosa’s Italian restaurant, Black Lake Lodge, Black Lake Golf Club, Woodwinds, Manzanas)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 27 2017 - Jun 16 2017
4 night minimum stay
Jun 17 2017 - Sep 9 2017
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
Available to rent May through October
Weekly rental (Saturday to Saturday)
No smoking allowed in units due to Michigan Law
$500 deposit to reserve
Contact owner Kathy McConnell 989-614-6663
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 4 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 5 - toilet, shower
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, Inside house
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Inside house
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, With tv, mini frig, microwave and coffeemaker
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen, With TV, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker
- Bedroom 4 - 1 queen, With TV. Ajoins to room 5
- Bedroom 6 - 1 queen, With TV, mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Home sleeps 6 plus 4 attached exterior entry bedrooms sleeps 6 (14 total). Master bedroom features luxurious King size Simmons mattress Additional bedroom features luxurious Queen size Simmons mattress Air conditioned bedrooms Queen size hide-a-bed sleeper sofa- sleeps 2 Plus 4 Attached Private entrance bedroom with exterior entrance (sleeps 8): with 5 private bathrooms, Luxurious Queen size mattresses with 4 32” flat screen cable TVs, Small refrigerator, Microwave and Coffee Maker. Home Features: Dishwasher, Large side-by-side refrigerator/ freezer, Gas range/ oven, Microwave, Toaster, Coffee Maker. Includes all pots, pans, dishes, and utensils Big Screen cable TV and DVD player Faux fireplace Utility room with front load washer and dryer Linens and towels included Outdoor: Adjacent to state park with amenities including outdoor charcoal grills, volleyball, trails, playground etc. Large private sandy beach Boat dock & Boat Hoist to store your boat safely 2- Aluminum row boats Weber charcoal grill Outdoor Furniture 2 - picnic tables FIRE PIT, BOAT HOIST AT DOCK FOR YOUR BOAT