2-Bedroom, 1 dble slpr sofa with air bed, sleeps 6, 1 Bath, full indoor laundry
!! WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE WINTER THIS YEAR !!
Our lovely renovated Beach Cottage was designed for you and your pets adventures and relaxation. Look down the pavered street at the sailboats on the Bay. Step on the large front gated deck with an umbrella table that seats 4 plus other additional comfy seating. Open the front door into your sunny, spacious living room with a large comfy couch, a convertible love seat double sleeper bed with an aero attached mattress that inflates to 10". Sit at the little morning table and plot the day's strategy via local publications or Private WIFI or please browse our album chock full of menu's, maps and coupons supplied by us and also our Guests as we collaborate! The sparkling kitchen with it's warm granite countertops is fully stocked with everything you'll need to cook a nice meal or perhaps entertain. Just off the kitchen is the play full dining room with seating up to six with another door to your full indoor laundry as well as the exit door to your private back yard. Stretch out on a king in either bedroom or leave the guest room as twin extra long tempurpedics. Ample bedroom storage space hides your luggage yet provide easy access to your personal things. The newly remodeled bath accommodates with plenty of soft towels, hair dryer and toiletry goodies. The pavered driveway in front easily holds two vehicles, additional off street parking in front and a rear parking pad lies within the gates of your 6ft fully privacy fenced yard. This spacious yard, with its mosquito-netted gazebo tent is a nice place to just relax and listen to the natural sounds of our several species of bamboo in the breeze while your pets safely explore. Dance in our nearby Casino Hall, enjoy the many fabulous eateries and eclectic shops. All your desires yet return to a peaceful retreat. It truly is the sweetest spot. PLEASE TAKE NOTE: WE ARE PRESENTLY UNDER RENOVATION REBUILDING BEAUTIFUL NEW FRONT AND REAR DECKS. WE'RE MOVING AS FAST AS WE CAN AND HOPE OUR CALENDAR WILL SHOW US AVAILABLE SOONER THAN SHOWN.
About the Owner
A husband and wife team of 23 years, we grew up in the same small Pennsylvania mining town and met at the same manufacturing plant of our employment. When our plant closed it's doors we may have lost a great employer but we were able to move to Paradise years sooner than expected and have never regretted a moment! We are owned by our three Dachshund kids. We love our town and love to share its bounty with our Guests. We enjoy bicycling, boating, local venues and gardening to name a few. Life is Good :)
Guestbook comments from the owner
We love vacationing in Gulfport. It's a great little gem a lot of people don't know about. This cottage was a new rental as our usual wasn't available but Wow, were we pleased. The owner's description does a great job of covering the basics. Every room in the cottage was immaculate, we took them up on their kind offer to shop and it was so nice to come in road worn and find groceries at regular grocery prices. Thanks Pat & Tom. The owners and their manager will go the extra mile so we felt like we had a personal concierge. The bicycles were a great addition. They are easy, retro cruisers and one had a basket for our more adventerous dog. The cottage is so close to everthing and we never get tired of the bay view. There was even a beach bag and gorgeous chairs for the beach. This was nicer for us than 5 star hotels because of the comfort factor and how close it is to so much. Thanks to our concierges we learned more about the area than we knew. See you next year ~ Frank, Andrea & the pups.
4.9 based on 11 traveler reviews
This was my family's first experience with VRBO and it was a WONDERFUL ONE! pat and tom are pros at this and leave nothing behind.. Coupons, laundry stuff, beach towels, beach chairs, beach anything! Spices, pans- the works! It was like like being at home. My 2 girls (12-7) slept like babies on the temper- pedicure twin beds. Seriously I was going cross eyed looking at all the options and homes and found this one and they deserve 6 stars! Very clean, organized home. I have family that live near by and I was able to cook for them and all hang out comfortably. Everything is close. We mostly went to st. Pete beach's and had a blast everyday that we were there. The beach that is close to this one is a beauty also we even saw dolphins from the pier!! THANK YOU so much Pat and Tom! My husband and I want to do this when we grow up! What a joy! 😍 We will be back!
The most amazing rental
We have rented in Gulfport for the past six years, and when we found the Seaside Sweetspot, we were thrilled with its location close to downtown and the beach. As we made our plans with the owners Pat and Tom, we could tell from the get go that they were very in tune with and really cared about their customers. The place was the cleanest rental we have ever stayed at, and everything was in fine working order...there were even bikes to use around town, which was great. They made our stay so comfortable, and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was the best ever. This even included offering to take one of us the the local emergency room when we had a medical emergency. Wow, that was so amazing. We will always be grateful for our time at their lovely home away from home, and for getting a chance to get to know them. We look forward to getting back to Gulfport!
Sue and Sue
Charming Gulfport cottage
We stayed at this charming cottage while visiting for our daughter's graduation at Eckerd College. House is super clean, well maintained, and well equipped - had everything we needed for our stay, including beach chairs and towels, bikes, and kitchen tools. Pat and Tom the owners are super accommodating, and even had breakfast coffee and milk waiting for us because we arrived late in the evening, which we enjoyed in the morning on the front porch.
Gulfport is a funky artsy neighborhood in St Pete, easy, safe walk to restaurants, music bars, coffee shops, galleries and shops along brick lined, Spanish moss covered streets. Only a 10 min drive to beaches of St Pete Beach or Treasure Island, but away from the crowds and traffic on that strip. Lot's of things to do in downtown St Pete as well, museums, breweries, Devil Rays baseball, good restaurants, and only 10 min drive the other direction. Ft DeSoto and Passe Grille beach great spots to visit.
Glad with our choice, a real bargain in a nice location! Thanks for sharing!
Wow! What a wonderful stay.
I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was while waiting on our new home to be completed. You can't find a better location for beach, restaurants and entertainment. Gulfport is truly a gem. Pat and Tom are wonderful hosts. There when you need them without being a bother. They will be friends for life. We were worried about not having all the comforts of home for our extended stay. But what fun we had utilizing all the quirky finds. Gotta try the butter bell. One last comment...this home and neighborhood is the most pet friendly place we have ever encountered. all pets are welcome....everywhere. Enjoy!
Great vacation rental! Pat was great to work with
Our Amazing Vacation
Pat and Tom went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was one to remember. From offering to get us groceries, to getting my Mom a birthday cake to die for, from a local bakery. I can't say thank you enough to her. The pictures and descriptions cannot do this sweet spot justice. Pat has obviously worked on end to make this house into a home. From the time you enter you feel like you have just stepped into your own home. The book she left cluing us into the "quirks" of the home, along with tips, menu's, tourist info and notes here and there, make you feel like you are just one of her friends. Sweet Spot was spotless, you can tell Pat maintains this home just like you or I would. She even had a few groceries stocked up just in case you needed something. We have already told family and friends about our amazing trip, and are already planning our next stay with Pat. We loved how close the home is to major beaches. St. Pete, Treasure Island, Madeira, Sunset and Clearwater Beaches are all within a 30 mins drive from Sweet Spot. I highly recommend Sunset Beach, it is well maintained, not too crowded, and the waves are very calm. The only thing that we wished were posted were handicap accessible areas at the beaches. My son is wheelchair bound and we had a heck of a time finding a good spot to take him down. Sea Critter's restaurant just a short drive over to St. Pete was amazing. Their sea scallop dish was great. If you like finding good deals, there are a ton of thrift shops very close by! I got 2 pampered chef stoneware dishes for $10.00! Pat asked me to be completely open and honest about our stay, to let her know if there was anything they could improve on or change. I ask that she not change anything. It was wonderful, she and her husband are wonderful. THEY made our trip! Thanks guys for sharing your "Sweet Spot" with us. We will most certainly be back. :)
From the Owner
“We like to call our Suit-ee the ' accidental rental '! We loved this inviting home from the moment we saw it. I, Pat, happened to find it on a bicycle ride! From the spacious front porch to the interesting ceilings on through to the enchanting backyard. The purchase was intended for our Daughter and Grandson when they were ready to make the leap. Until then we decided to rent it as a Vacation Getaway. We found ourselves enjoying the Vacation Rental experience so much we were happy to find another Gulfport Home for the kids!”
Activity and Interests
* Fresh Market every Tuesday 8-3 & Art Walk Evenings bi monthly on the 1st Friday & 3rd Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m.
* Our Historic 100 y.o. Casino Dance Hall on the water with every imaginable type of dancing and music venues throughout the week
* Volley Ball on the Beach for competitors and visitors
* Clam Bayou Nature Preserve for Nature Walking / Kayaking
* Dolphin Boat Tours, nearby Deep Water Fishing, Dinner Cruises
* Tennis Court nearby as well as Large Beach Playground, Beach Volleyball, 2 Dog Parks, Library and our lovely Sculpture Park.
* Golf: All you like at a large number of nearby Golf Courses.
* Fishing!! Everywhere!
* Local Art Center for Glass Blowing Classes
* Shopping, Consigns, Local Art Galleries, Massage Services, Local Spa, Meditation, Yoga
* Hickman Theater, Enjoy a play!
* A Senior Center filled with great young and older senior activities
* The Recreation Center on the Beach with everything from yoga to fencing for adults and children as well as a variety of other programs for adults and children.
* 5 miles from Florida's finest West Coast Beaches. To name a few: St. Pete, Treasure Island, Pass A Grille, Madeira, Indian Rocks and incredible Historic Fort DeSoto Park.
* Walking distance from at least 7 fine, privately owned 5 star Restaurants complete with entertainment or local transportation via weekend trolley with beach connectors and more. Ride our excellent bus service, Bat's Taxi and of course.. UBER!
* New Markets nearby , the Saturday morning downtown St. Petersburg market with over 200 vendors! The Saturday Tangerine Greenbelt Market and SO 49th St. Market as well as the long established Sunday Corey Ave. Market at St.Pete Beach. All within less than 10 miles!
* Just a short ride to the Tropicana Stadium or over one of our beautiful Tampa Bay bridges will take you to Raymond James Stadium or watch Tampa Lightning Hockey play and don't forget Spring Training!
* Don't miss the venues at the St. Pete Coliseum or Ruth Eckerd Hall
* Another exit south and an easy, beautiful ride over our Sunshine Skyway Bridge ( Florida's Golden Gate ) and in this gorgeous, water viewed 45 minute drive you are in Bradenton and Sarasota for the Ringling Museum, St. Armands incredible shopping and of course Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach, Longboat Key... So much it can't all be listed.
* For the Outlet Shopper another short hop over the Skyway will take you to the Ellenton Outlets but you'll want to visit our many, many local consignment shops of all variety and be thrilled with your finds.
* Be sure to get in a visit to our beautiful Downtown St. Pete with it's 3 waterfront parks, amazing eateries, museums, handsome cab rides, markets, music venues.
* The Blue Berry Patch!! If you'd like to revisit your hippy days this is the place. Look at FB or just Google it. A truly remarkable, special experience that received an award for it's contribution to our area.
Check our SeaSide's FB Page. We try to like as many useful pages as possible and don't forget YELP. Our zipcode is 33707. YELP will help you find any nearby type of anything you could think of.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 1 2016 - Nov 30 2016
4 night minimum stay
Dec 1 2016 - Mar 31 2017
30 night minimum stay
Apr 1 2017 - May 31 2017
4 night minimum stay
Jun 1 2017 - Aug 31 2017
4 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
THIS YEAR WE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR WINTER BOOKING. DUE TO ILLNESS OUR REGULAR WINTER GUESTS ARE SADLY UNABLE TO MAKE THE TRIP FOR THIS YEAR. WE WILL ONLY BE BOOKING GUESTS INTERESTED IN MONTH LONG BOOKINGS AND WILL NOT BOOK BY THE WEEK.
WE USE PAYPAL FOR CREDIT WITH ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF 2.9% THAT IS CHARGED TO US. IF YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT HAS FUNDS TO COVER YOUR BOOKING THERE IS NO 2.9%. PAYPAL DOES NOT CHARGE FOR PAYPAL TO PAYPAL FUNDED.
IF YOU SEE A SERVICE FEE PLZ SUBTRACT. THAT IS FOR VAC. RENTALS CREDIT SYSTEM.
WE ACCEPT WIRED FUNDS. IF YOU NEED TO WIRE WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH INSTRUCTIONS WITH WIRING TO OUR BANK HOWEVER IF YOU ARE BOOKING WELL IN ADVANCE WE ARE HAPPY TO ACCEPT A CHECK AS THERE WOULD BE TIME FOR IT TO CASH PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT SAVING YOU THE COST OF WIRING.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK. WE ARE HAPPY TO HELP.
IF YOU HAVE A PET OR PETS THEY ARE COVERED UNDER THE DAMAGE PROTECTION PORTION OF YOUR $59.00 TRAVELER'S INSURANCE. WE WILL PROVIDE EASY INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PURCHASE. WE DO CHARGE AN ADDITIONAL, FULLY REFUNDABLE $250.00 PET DEPOSIT WHICH COVERS 2 PETS AND RETURNED BY THE END OF THE WEEK AFTER YOUR VISIT. WE LOVE PETS AND TO DATE HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
WE OFTEN HAD THE PLEASURE OF GUESTS BOOKING FOR THE ENTIRE SUMMER AND REALLY ENJOY HELPING GUESTS WHO ARE RELOCATING TO OUR AREA. SINCE THAT IS CONSIDERED A LEASE. WE OFFER THIS BUT YOU MUST BOOK FROM JUNE THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY THE 13% TOURISM TAX HOWEVER KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A FURNISHED VACATION RENTAL AND THE RENT WOULD REFLECT REFLECT THAT OF A FURNISHED HOME. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT US REGARDING A SUMMER LEASE AND WE CAN BETTER EXPLAIN AND DISCUSS THIS OPTION WITH YOU.
* Guests are not required to launder linen at the end of their stay.
* We are happy to shop for arrival groceries at no extra fee. Only the cost of your groceries of which you may pay for prior to departure
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
From the Owner
“Two things happened that pleased us very much. The remarkable response our little house received and how much we enjoy playing concierge' to our guests, wanting them to experience a great retreat in our remarkable town and the surrounding communities. We try to provide more information than our Guests could possibly use, we're always available by phone or if needed only one half mile away but we also respect our Guest's privacy and don't appear unless requested. We have many more cherished, excellent reviews in our Guest Book. We've remained friends with many of our Guests and look forward to a future of more. We like to think of Gulfport as "The 'Portal" as you'll feel like you were ported into a very special place and located where you can be easily ported to most of the best of the offerings of Florida's West or Left Coast and even visit the big parks such as Bushe Gardens, Sea World or even Disney in just an easy 1.5 hour drive but we're inclined to say you'll find so much right here and in the very nearby communities the big parks or really any thing commercial won't be very interesting.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- pets considered ...
- smoking allowed ...
- Beach View
- Near The Ocean
- Water View
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- golf privileges optional
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- Plentiful soft bath, hand towels and washcloths, hairdrye a collection of toiletry products and beach sunscreen. We supply 4 rolls of bath tissue.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, We are told it's very comfy by all who have visited to date!
- Sofa Bed - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, Mattress with attached aero inflatable topper to 10" thick!
- Bedroom 2 - 1 king, 2 twin/ single, King or twins? 2 xtra long, thick tempurpedic platform beds
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lanai / Gazebo ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 2 bicycles
- Guests provide their own meals
- Proximity and Accessibility! By day, from Tuesday Morning's Fresh Market where you can purchase local bread, veggies, handmade soap as well as enjoy breakfast at Gulfport's award winning individually owned eateries and then on to golf, fishing and of course our lovely beach, there is so much to this eclectic, artful community you'll want to leave the car behind as you'll see so much more strolling the picturesque neighborhood to get there. Come evening the trees illuminate Beach Blvd, The Casino draws those who love to dance or just listen to the variety of venue. The bi-monthly, well known Art Walk features wares of local artisans additionally featured in the shops and Beach Bizarre. Your Pets are welcomed at our eateries and events and treated as the family that they are. All the trappings for the beach from beach chairs to umbrella, towels and a big beach bag are in the cottage. Beyond Gulfports walkable beach the area is surrounded by the west coast's best beaches, all with their own personalities from natural to party time! Two funky fun bicycles are provided. One outfitted with a basket for a pet to ride along. Gulfport is a very bicycle friendly community. Our trolley runs on weekends with connectors to surrounding communities or take the bus.