Cottage, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 10 Sleeps
Totally remodeled with all the conveniences but retaining that special beach cottage charm. We're only 2 blocks from South Beach, 3 blocks from Kids Korner and 4 short blocks from downtown. Stroll the beach, walk the quaint town or watch that special Lake Michigan sunset. Singing Sands Cottage has an open floor plan, modern kitchen, all-season sun porch, a cozy deck and a paver patio with fire pit. Enjoy relaxing and visiting with family or friends. With 4 bed rooms, it sleeps a total of 8 comfortably in beds. A queen sofa bed and a trundle bed on the sun porch allows accommodations for 10. It has a private spacious yard, 2 1/2 baths, laundry facilities and WiFi. Come see all that South Haven and surrounding areas have to offer... or simply kick back and do nothing at at all.
Sad to leave Singing Sands--we'll be back!Sad to leave Singing Sands--we'll be back!
About the Owner
About Ron Hutchens
Originally from the Chicago suburbs, we now live in the Paradise Valley, Arizona. Ron, an Environmental and Management consultant, travels extensively globally. Donna is an accountant. We have 5 children but only one still at home.
Ron Hutchens purchased this cottage in 2011
Why Ron Hutchens chose Southwest Michigan
We fell in love with South Haven several years ago while visiting friends who have a cottage there. We looked for 2 years before purchasing this cottage. It was frankly a mess when we purchased it, having been essentially abandoned for several years. We gutted the house and spent an entire year rebuilding it with modern conveniences and to current building standards while keeping that unique South Haven cottage charm.
(3 traveler reviews)
Singing Sands South Haven Michigan
This home is really nice. Loved the location, could walk to beach, town, and kids corner in just a few minutes. Enjoyed the back deck in the morning for breakfast and bible study. We also grilled and had somemores in the fire pit. Had to call once to find out where beach chairs were and Ron called back right away. We made some wonderful family memories. Will definitely be back. This was our second year in a row in this area.
Sad to leave Singing Sands--we'll be back!
This is our seventh year in south haven and we've stayed in many properties. Singing Sands was fantastic! Beautiful, comfortable home with all the amenities we needed. Close to beach and town. Bonfires every night. Very cordial, responsive owner. We loved it and will be back!
Singing Sands Cottage
Singing Sands was close to the beach, harbor, town & Kid's Corner Park. The cottage was delightful, having been totally remodeled very recently. The interior is decorated in an upscale farmhouse motif with tasteful artwork reminding the guests of the carefree beach lifestyle we were able to experience during our stay. The owner was very cordial in all of our interactions & was very responsive in addressing any questions or issues. The fire pit in the back yard was very nice & we enjoyed toasting marshmallows & making S'mores with our kids & grandkids. We enjoyed Sherman's ice ceam, Clementine's perch & Captain Lou's views & laid back atmosphere. The beach was great (this was our third vacation in South Haven) and I am sure we will be back again. Our family enjoyed playing games together in the evening & we caught a bit of the Blackhawks Stanley Cup Victory too. All we had to bring were swimsuits, beach towels & some groceries. There was ample storage space for all of our "stuff". We brought bicycles & took a ride on the Kal-Haven Trail and watched the sunsets from the lighthouse at the end of the pier. Just what we wanted & expected: a great family vacation with all of our kids & grandkids. Comcast Cable TV was a minor problem but had nothing to do with the facilities provided by the owner, in fact, he went out of his way to help contact the server to correct cable issues. I will recommend Singing Sands Cottage our friends & family.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with South Haven several years ago while visiting friends who have a cottage there. We looked for 2 years before purchasing this cottage. It was frankly a mess when we purchased it, having been essentially abandoned for several years. We gutted the house and spent an entire year rebuilding it with modern conveniences and to current building standards while keeping that unique South Haven cottage charm.”
Activity and Interests
2 blocks to one of the best public beaches in the Midwest-- large and beautiful beach with children's play area and great white sand. Rent water craft, walk the pier with the historic light house!! No saltwater and no sharks!
4 short blocks to the quaint town -- movie theatre, wonderful and unique restaurants, library, antique stores, famous ice skating rink in winter, farmer's market, etc.
South Haven is a gold mine of recreation: Watercraft of all types can be rented, bike and walking trails, wineries, fantastic golf, horseback riding, antiquing, blueberry picking and more!
Winter fun includes activities like x-country skiing, ice skating, and snowmobiling.
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Nightly Rate: $250 - $500
Weekly Rate: $3000
Summer weekly rentals run Saturday to Saturday.
We generally rent only by the week. Cleaning fee of $175 added to stays 1 week or less.
Rates vary depending on time of year and number of nights spent, please contact us for further details on rates.
High season is considered Memorial day to Labor Day. Singing Sands Co
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double
- Bedroom 4 - 2 twin/ single
- Bedroom 6 - 2 twin/ single, Sun porch
- Bedroom 5 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Living room sofa sleeper
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- * Full kitchen features a farmhouse sink with service for 12+. * All new appliances: microwave, range, fridge, dishwasher, toaster, coffee pot, spices and crock pot. * Full kitchen, bed and bath linens. We do ask that you bring your own beach towels. * Kitchen, laundry facility and bathrooms are fully stocked with enough paper goods, foil and plastic wrap to get you started, also dish soap, hand soap and laundry soap. * All new washer and dryer. * Designer master bedroom suite with queen bed and full bath with shower and twin sinks. * Main floor Sunroom with trundle beds - can be used as 5th bedroom or relax in the wicker love seat and rocker * Main floor dining room with table for 6 and a bar seating area for 3. * 3 upstairs bed rooms: * 1 with a queen bed * 1 with a full bed * 1 with twin trundle beds * Full bath upstairs with tub /shower and twin lavatories * 1/2 bath on main level * Office nook with wireless printer and desk area. * Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living room * Central air conditioning * Charcoal grill ( 1 bag charcoal included) * Deck furniture * Fire pit * WiFi * 50” Plasma TV in Living room with cable, sound system, BluRay player, Bluetooth capable * 32” TV with cable in Master bedroom We have tried to think of everything that you may need and have made every effort to provide as much as possible so that you do not need to bring everything with you.