Lakefront Cottage, sleeps 9
Three year old 1300 sq ft log sided waterfront cabin on beautiful 2000 acre all sports Lake Margrethe.
- 3 bedrooms with a queen bed in the master, twin and a double in #2, 2 twins & double in #3.
- Two full bathrooms
- Laundry Room
- HD Cable/internet & Flatscreens in all bedrooms and family room, DVD players for every TV
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, necessary small appliances, pots/pans, cooking utensils, dishware & utensils
- Built in stereo system inside and outside, accepts Ipods, MP3 players ect. (not a wireless system)
- Central A/C
- Ceiling Fans
- Covered deck 30 feet from the water, with comfy Adirondack chairs
- Propane BBQ grill
- Picnic Table
- 150 foot Dock
- Two Mooring Buoys for your boats
- Paved drive with plenty of parking
- Sun & Fun Boat rentals 5 minutes from cabin
- Snap Fitness 5 minutes from cabin
- Owners DO NOT allow use of their boats or hoists
- Bath towels NOT PROVIDED, unless you are flying in
- You must be 30 years old minimum to rent our property, and remain for the duration of your stay.
- This is a family oriented rental property, loud/partying/unruly guests are not welcome, please look elsewhere if that is your intent
We built our cabin three years ago, everything is brand new inside and out. We have yet to have a disappointed guest in the three years we have been renting, and most of our bookings are repeat guests from year one. We fill up quickly and early for the summer months, if your interested in being our guest, don't delay, we would love to have you...!
Nice, clean cabin
About the Owner
About Scott Smith
We are second generation Lake Margrethe property owners. I (the husband/maintenance man) spent his summers growing up on the water and in the woods around Lake Margrethe, and eventually courted his wife here too. The original cabin on the property was the oldest cabin on the lake, which we tore down, and built the cabin you see, or will be staying in. We take great pride in our place, and most guests are shocked when they arrive, and repeatedly tell us that they have never rented a place so nice and clean.
Scott Smith purchased this cottage in 1972
Why Scott Smith chose Northern Michigan
This place is a part of us, it is who we are. This is a place where we feel connected to our past, and close to the people who are no longer with us. Like it's name, this is a place to truly 'Quiet The Mind', to recharge your batteries, and reacquaint yourself with family and friends.
(1 traveler reviews)
Nice, clean cabin
We were very pleased with our stay in this cabin. The cabin was very clean and very well stocked. We enjoyed a great week on the lake. The owners were very responsive and easy to work with, as well.
From the Owner
“This place is a part of us, it is who we are. This is a place where we feel connected to our past, and close to the people who are no longer with us. Like it's name, this is a place to truly 'Quiet The Mind', to recharge your batteries, and reacquaint yourself with family and friends.”
Activity and Interests
Lake Margrethe is a hidden gem located in the heart of northern Michigan. At nearly 2000 acres, and classified as an all sports lake, it is sure to support any type of water sport/activity you might be interested in. Hard sandy bottom, with no muck anywhere, makes swimming and wading a pleasure. Crystal clear water supports a fantastic fishery, with walleye, smallmouth/largemouth bass, pike, musky, and an abundant pan fish population all available for the avid fisherman. We are minutes away from the holy waters of the Ausable River, as well as the Manistee, surrounded by numerous golf courses, and miles and miles of marked ATV trails in every direction. This truly is an outdoor lovers paradise, be as active as you wish, or as lazy as you want, it's all right here for you in our beautiful lakefront cabin.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
July and August - SUNDAY to SATURDAY blocks only (6 nights). Must be at least 30 years old to sign contract and be present at the cabin site for the duration of your stay.
2 WEEKS ADVANCE NOTICE OF DATES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
Check in 1:00pm, Check out is 11:00am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Oven ...
- Stove ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, 2 twin/ single
- There is space for 9 people to sleep comfortably in beds.
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Our cabin is situated right on a point, 30 feet from the lake shore. The setting is very private, with woods on one side and great neighbors on the other side, and over 100 feet from the dead end road, which makes for a very quiet and peaceful setting. Boat rental is available 5 minutes away, as well as several golf courses, canoe liveries, ATV trails, mini golf, and independent beer breweries in town. This is a place geared towards great family times, we don't encourage loud unruly behavior, and prefer (our neighbors do too) that you look elsewhere if that's what you are looking for.