Lakefront Cottage with beachfront and dock, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Sleeps 4
Lakefront with the most beautiful long view of Cayuga Lake, in the center of it all! Located on the west shore of Cayuga Lake, 20 miles north of Ithaca, in the Sheldrake Area!!
As the name suggests, our guest house features the longest and one of the most beautiful views of any property on Cayuga Lake's western shore.
Longview Cottage, a lakefront cottage located in heart of the Cayuga and Seneca Lake Wine Trails, is around the corner from Sheldrake Point Winery, the Busy Bee Market & Cafe and O'Malley's, 7 minutes from downtown Ovid, 10 minutes from Taughannock Falls State Park, 20 minutes north of Ithaca, 15 minutes from Seneca Lake and 30 minutes from Watkins Glen.
Longview features a lovely, air conditioned 2-bedroom cottage.
There is plenty of off-street parking for your cars and boats. Must use steps to access beach and dock area. Boat launch around the corner provides easy boat access to Cayuga Lake.
CHILDREN WELCOME. Sorry, NO PETS! NO SMOKING!
A quiet, relaxing vacation in the Finger Lakes
About the Owner
(10 traveler reviews)
A quiet, relaxing vacation in the Finger Lakes
Longview was great for our vacation. House is cozy and comfortable and we really enjoyed the quick walk down to the dock for swims, camp fires and evenings spent relaxing by the water. The grill and kitchen were nice for cooking meals, including with vegetables from the farm stand up the road. Longview is also a perfect launching point for exploring the beautiful Finger Lakes region. plenty of hikes and vineyards are within driving distance. Definitely recommend this spot if you're looking for a quiet, clean and comfortable place to relax. The owners are great, and we also had a chance to meet the neighbors, who are very nice.
Good location in Finger Lake Region
We stayed at Longview cottage at the end of June. The cottage was very nice. The view of the lake is very nice but it is a walk from the cottage to the lake as it sits back from the road and the Lake is across the road and down stairs.
Quiet roads are all around and it is very nice to be able to walk and enjoy the area.
If you enjoy hiking, it is a nice ride to either Watkins Glen or Taughhannock Falls.
We enjoyed Ice Cream at Cayuga Creamery. Ithaca is very close as well.
Brad and Marla are very nice hosts and will be glad to assist as needed.
Right from the start we all felt at home. Marla,Brad,Lilly, and Mason treated us like family. The cottage was small but very comfortable and there was plenty of beach front to enjoy. The location is breath taking! One of the very few spots on the lake where you can see a sunrise and a sunset. We would definitely return to Longview again. The place was great and the people even better! Denny and Ruth D.
Lakeside Fun and Relaxation
This is our favorite place to stay for several reasons but mostly because of the friendly and helpful owners. The cabin is so cute! It is clean and well maintained. It is very peaceful, and there are many memories to be made here.
A beautiful cottage in a perfect location with a G
A beautiful cottage in a perfect location with a Great View from the cottage or dock . The owners were extremely friendly, couldn't have done enough for us! Would definitely recommend. Super place. All you have to bring is your food Very tranquil e but with lots to do so you can just hang out or enjoy the water or visit all the nearby winner’s and other sites
nice quaint cottage on the lake. great for summer
Wonderful cottage on the lake. Lots of fun things to do. On the winery trail. Wonderful waterfalls hiking canoeing. Very helpful owners and care takers. Great place to stay
Activity and Interests
* Swimming, boating, fishing, golfing.
* Finger Lake Wine Trails.
* Minutes from Taughannock Falls State Park.
* Waterloo Premium Outlet Mall.
* Corning Museum of Glass.
* Hangar Theatre in Ithaca.
* Many great local Restaurants.
* Buttermilk Falls.
* 25 minutes to Cornell / college-town area.
* 45 minute drive to Greek Peak Resort & Outdoor Adventureland
* 1 1/2 hr. drive to Six Flags, Darien Lake Amusement Park.
* 2 1/2 hr. drive to Niagara Falls, Canada!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Aug 16 2016 - Nov 25 2017
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
Weekly Rate: $995.00
Our weekly rental weeks run from Saturday to Saturday.
Weekly Rates for 7 nights is $995 May-November.
Saturday check in at 3 pm, Saturday check out at 10 am.
$250 per night for weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
$299 per weekend nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- live theater
- winery tours
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- pier fishing
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Lakefront with beachfront (over 100 ft.) and 2 docks. Great swimming area with gradual, sloping water level. Water shoes are recommended. Huge decking area at beachfront with picnic table and plenty of chairs. Use of canoe and life jackets. Cottage is fully furnished, including bedding and towels. Full bath with shower. Fully equipped kitchen area, including microwave, stove, toaster, coffee maker, refrigerator, dishes and utensils. Air-conditioned. Beautiful front and backyard areas -- great for ball playing, Frisbee, or star gazing. Internet, Satellite TV (including HBO) and DVD player. Wireless Internet access. One queen bed, two twin beds. Gas grill, large front deck with dining area. All cleaning supplies, garbage bags, vacuum cleaner, brooms, etc., are provided. Paved driveway and parking area.