House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 5
Park Place Guest House at Empire Beach
Vacation at the beach in this newly constructed two bedroom, two bathroom 1900 sq. ft. house / cottage that partially overlooks Lake Michigan and South Bar Lake. Walk the tree lined sidewalk 600 ft to the Lake Michigan shore and play on the magnificent sugar sand beach pictured here. There is extensive playground equipment at the beach. The Village of Empire which is seven miles south of Glen Arbor is home to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park Visitor Center. The Sleeping Bear Heritage Bike Trail winds through the woods and is paved from Empire to the 'Dune Climb' and continues into Glen Arbor.
From the rear bedroom window of Park Place Guest House view deer feeding in the nature preserve.
Within walking distance of one block to the east are the post office, grocery store, bank, Friendly's Tavern, the bicycle and surf shop and Tiffany's Ice Cream Parlor. Two blocks to the east is the Public Library. This is truly a unique location.
Park Place Guest House has the appearance of being one structure with Park Place Empire, but each is totally separate and has complete privacy from the other.
Because our Lake Michigan home is special to us, we request great care and consideration from our renters.
About the Owner
About Randall Parks
Although I rarely have the opportunity to meet our guests face to face, I enjoy getting to know you through phone calls, email and correspondence. I am a family man who is grateful to have found a little piece of heaven in Empire at Park Place which we enjoy sharing with others who appreciate and respect the home and the area.
What makes this house unique
Location, Location, Location. Beach, natural beauty situated within a quaint village.
Activity and Interests
- Visitor center in Empire for the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park
- Museum depicting Empire's lumber and logging history
- Museum of early Lake Michigan boats at Glen Haven
- Old Coast Guard Station at Glen Haven
- Day trip to South Manitou Island leaving from Leland Michigan
- Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive just 5 minutes away
- Boat rental at the Narrows Marina on Glen Lake
- Swimming at North Bar or South Bar Lake
- Sugar sand beaches everywhere - Hiking trails throughout the national park
- Bicycle the new Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to Glen Arbor
- Canoe, raft, tube or kayak the Crystal River 8 miles to the north
or the Platte River 10 miles to the south
- Golfing the many area courses
- Tour the Leelanau County roads to Glen Lake, Glen Arbor, Leland,
Northport, Sutton's Bay and Traverse City
- Attend a concert in the amphitheatre located at Interlochen,
the nationally acclaimed school for performing arts. (25 miles away)
- Pick blueberries in late July, August and early September
- 3 Fire pit rings at the beach
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 6 2017 - Jun 9 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jun 10 2017 - Jun 23 2017
7 night minimum stay
Jun 24 2017 - Aug 19 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$350|
Weekly Rate: $925 - $1750
Summer season weekly rate: June 24 - August 19. 2017 up to 5 people $1750
Mid season weekly rate: June 10-24 and August 19 - Sept. 9 up to 5 people $1325
Off season weekly rate: $925 Sept 9 2016 - June 10, 2017
3 day minimum (Off season only) rate: $155 per day up to 5 people
These rates include taxes and cleaning
A $350 deposit is required to reserve the house.
To book Park Place Guest House, a $350 refundable security deposit is required with the return of a signed rental agreement. Upon receipt of the security deposit, (payable by check), a written confirmation of the deposit and booking will be mailed. Payment in full is required 4 weeks prior to occupancy. Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to occupancy is subject to forfeiture of the deposit.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
- 100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
From the Owner
“Location, Location, Location. Beach, natural beauty situated within a quaint village.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Internet ...
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Water View
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1900 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, 5 foot vanity and ceramic tile floor
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, ceramic tile floor
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 3 twin/ single
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- - Wireless internet connection - Free weekly Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore pass - One bedroom on ground level with queen size bed - Second bedroom upstairs with three twin beds and a 6 ft x 7 ft walk-in closet / dressing room Other conveniences to make the stay comfortable include: - Cathedral ceiling - Gas grille - Central air conditioning - Carport for off street parking - Equipped kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, pots, pans,dishes, utensils. (no dishwasher) - TV - Washer and dryer - Pillows and blankets are provided; sheets and towels are not provided. This is a non-smoking facility. Regretably we do not allow pets.