House | 2 Bedrooms | Loft | 1 Baths | Sleeps 14
Honor, Michigan is the perfect vacation spot when looking for a beautiful and serene Northern Michigan vacation. Honor is a quaint town that is close to many touristy hot spots (Traverse City, Frankfort, Empire and Glen Arbor). Our property is across the street from 'Sleeping Bear Dunes National Shore Line'. In 2011, Good Morning America Voted Sleeping Bear Dunes as 'Most Beautiful Place in America'.
Our large eight person family fell in love with this town 15 years ago and decided to build our dream cottage. We hope you will fall in love with our cottage and build memories like we have.
About the Owner
4.3 based on 6 traveler reviews
The house was amazing and fully stocked with extra towels. The weather was not on our side but it was an awesome weekend. We stayed at the house to tube the Platte River, which is a beautiful river to go on if you ever get the chance. The decor of the house was really cool and had the up north feel that you want when you are in the woods kind of next to a lake. I would definitely love to stay in this house again.
We loved the chalet. Our children loved having their space in the loft.
Location was super. We spent one day in Charlrvoix, tubed the Platte River, climbed the Sleeping Bear dunes, and spent time at gorgeous beaches.
Great location. Updated amenities. Clean.
The cottage in Honor was centrally located for our vacation plans. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and updated. Time and money had clearly been spent on the quality of the decor and flooring materials.
We were disappointed that the mention of TV and DVD player was not exactly correct. While they did have a television, it could not access any stations, local or otherwise, because it was not connected to an antenna, cable box or dish. The DVD player did work, but the remote did not.
This was not a big issue for us, since we were not there to watch TV, but it could have been helpful to have the local news and weather.
The cabin did have a mouse problem at the time of our visit, but it was a very cute mouse!
Very clean and spacious!
We loved this cabin! Kids had a blast in the loft area and were obsessed with the bunk beds! Very clean and spacious! We would love to stay here again!
Activity and Interests
* Visit Point Betsie Light House and Beach
* Float down the Platte River and end up at Lake Michigan
* Cherry Bowl Drive-In Theater very close - shows two movies per night!
* Enjoy Crystal Lake, Lake Michigan, Little and Big Platte
* In the winter time enjoy the slopes of Crystal Mountain which is only 5 minutes away! or drive 30 minutes and go to Boyne Mountain in Traverse City
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Property Damage Protection||$79|
* $1800 per week - 6 nights/ 7 days (based on availability and holiday weeks)
* More or less time is negotiable
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- recreation center
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 3 - 2 queen, 4 twin/ single
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Our cabin is a 2 bedroom with a large loft. The two bedrooms have queen size beds and the Loft has two sets of bunk beds and two queen beds. We find that we can sleep 14 comfortably as we also have a pull out leather couch. * 1 Bathroom (in the works to add more in the future) * Indoor Fireplace * Outdoor Fire Pit * Cozy Cabin Feel * Property offers great seclusion but still close to many amenities