*Please note that the homeowner lives on site, in a completely separate unit*
Experience easy living while staying at this 1-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental situated on Redwater Lake, just 6 miles to Hawthorne and 23 miles to Gainesville. Sleeping 4 with 900 square feet of newly remodeled living space, this home sits on 2 acres of private lakefront property. When you're not swimming, fishing, kayaking or canoeing, discover Paynes Prairie State Park, the Florida Museum or University of Florida.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Living Room: Futon
Approach this outdoor oasis down a long dirt road in the Florida countryside and enter through the home’s immense yard, which borders 30 acres of marshy wild land. Sleek tile flooring, comfortable furnishings, and warm natural light greet you the moment you set foot inside this well-appointed interior.
After your travels, settle down on the plush seating in the open-concept living area. Gather as a group as you watch your favorite show on the large flat-screen satellite TV.
You're sure to spend quality time on your private screened-in porch, which overlooks the lake and sylvan setting. Whip up some cocktails for the group and walk down to the shared dock and 200-square-foot boathouse, offering a provided kayak, canoe, paddle and life jacket.
When everyone has worked up an appetite, make your way into the stunning fully equipped kitchen, complete with granite countertops and stylish cabinetry. Set the formal dining table with seating for 4 to share in your culinary creations!
As your eyes begin to grow heavy, retreat to your master bedroom outfitted with a lustrous king-sized bed, sleek hardwood flooring and an en-suite bathroom. When the others are ready to turn in, 2 other guests can climb under the covers of the additional futon.
-- THE LOCATION --
With 2 acres of property on Redwater Lake and easy access to swimming, fishing, and kayaking, you may never want to step foot off the property! That said, Hawthorne and Gainesville are brimming with outdoor adventure for those wishing to explore!
Start the adventure just 30 minutes from your door at Florida's first state preserve, Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park where you'll find a 21,000-acre savanna and rich wildlife, including alligators, bison, horses and nearly 300 species of birds.
Whether you're visiting a kiddo at college or just looking to enjoy the excitement of a big game at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, the University of Florida is conveniently just 30 minutes away from this apartment! Before heading home, try Gainesville eatery favorites like The Top, Satchel's Pizza and Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille.
For more fun for the whole family, make the 27-mile drive to explore The Butterfly Rainforest at the Florida Museum of Natural History and the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, 1 flat-screen satellite TV, large screened-in porch, kayak and canoe with a paddle and lifejacket, walk-in shower, shared boathouse and dock, in-unit laundry machines, air conditioning, 2 parking spaces in the driveway and more
- Secluded lakefront Florida location - 6 miles to Hawthorne and 23 miles to Gainesville! Easy access to hiking swimming, fishing, and boating, Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, the University of Florida, The Top, Satchel's Pizza and Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille, The Butterfly Rainforest at the Florida Museum of Natural History and the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art
- Airport: Gainesville Regional Airport - 3880 NE 39th Ave A, Gainesville, FL 32609, (~ 25 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the homeowner lives on site with friendly cats and dogs, in a completely separate unit with some shared outdoor amenities, and may be present during your stay
- Please note there may be alligators in the water, so please be mindful of children at all times
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in