Studio Apartment in farmhouse very close to Florence with pool.
- english, french, german, italian
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Thoroughly recommended! Tina and Franco are wonderful and helpful hosts. Amazing setting with fantastic views. A clean and beautifully kept property. Great restaurant 5 minutes walk. Amenities a short drive and Florence easily accessible on the (frequently running) tram. A Tuscan delight that we would be happy to return to!
Thank you so much for having shared your opinion on our property on this site.
We are happy that you keep a nice feeling with your holiday here. We will make always our best to make this place more comfortable and pleasant for our guests.
We hope to welcome you in your next holiday in Tuscany.
With our warmest regards,
Tina and Franco
We will be back!
We spent a month at La Tinaia in Sep-Oct 2016. That’s a long time. It’s easy to spoil the entire vacation if one’s living conditions are below expectations. Naturally, we spent a lot of time selecting a place to stay, and boy did we make a right decision!
1. Location. La Tinaia is a 10-15 min drive away from the Tramvia in Scandicci with free parking at the tram station. Trams come every 3-4 minutes. 16-18 min – and you are at Santa Maria Novella, the center of Florence. On the other hand, La Tinaia is a very quiet place right in the middle of unbelievably picturesque area of Tuscany. Take all your lenses if you are involved in photography because you will use all of them! Beautiful sunsets right from the property, hundreds of views to die for within 10 min drive, you name it.
2. Conditions. Rustic style rooms yet convenient kitchen equipment and clean bathrooms; gated parking, a nice pool, outdoor space for lunch, privacy for every guest if you want it. While in Tuscany, we visited several other locations where our friends stayed (including one that we considered “close second”), and La Tinaia was definitely better.
3. Hosts. Tina and Franco are great. They are extremely helpful and very hospitable. What’s more, they invite all their guests to a gourmet dinner once every 1-2 weeks (charging a very reasonable fee). Franco is a fantastic chef, you will be challenged to find this quality of a dinner elsewhere, and even if you do you are guaranteed to pay thrice.
4. Specialty. La Tinaia is actually a winery and they also produce olive oil. Enjoy their products, they worth it.
5. Overall. We will be back. There are so many nice places in the world (and in
Toscana), but we will be back.
Dear Eugene and Tataiana,
thank you for having spent your time to write your very kind review.
The proximity to Florence and the ease to reach the city, the beauty of the landscape, the calm that reigns in these hills and ... good wine and good food ... all this you can find at La Tinaia.
We look forward to your retourn to our home.
With our warmest regards,
Tina and Franco
Paula from Colorado
Look no further, this is an incredible place to stay and enjoy both Tuscany as well as Florence.
Owners Tina and Franco make you feel right at home and provide useful information to help you travel around the area. This converted farmhouse is not only a place to stay but is also a winery and they sell both their own olive oil and wine. Tina speaks 4 languages which is very helpful to travelers outside of Italy.
The room we stayed in was very clean, nicely furnished/equipped and the bathroom was designed for the traveler.
This is a great place if you have a car as there is free parking and you can travel to the many sites of Tuscany like San Gimignano/Siena/Lucca and the Chianti Classico region. To get to Florence there is a bus line that is 10 minutes away and takes you to the heart of Florence. There is also good markets nearby.
I would recommend this to place to everyone!!
Superbes vacances en Toscane
Une très belle propriété, des appartements très bien décorés et très confortables ! Une grande disponibilité des propriétaires, charmants et très bons cuisiniers ! Une vue magnifique sur les collines du Chianti et un calme très appréciable après les visites de la journée.
La proximité de Florence permet des visites agréables et les conseils de Tina et Franco sont précieux !
Pour un premier séjour en Italie, c'est l'idéal ! Nous le recommandons vivement à tous les voyageurs souhaitant découvrir la Toscane dans d'excellentes conditions.
Les amateurs de Chianti et d'huile d'olive seront comblés !
Our Agriturismo La Tinaia is located on a privileged spot on the hills surrounding Florence. The center of the town is only 10 km away (few minutes drive). Florence can be easily reached by tramway leaving every 5 minutes from Scandicci's station at 10 minutes drive from the estate. The ride Scandicci-Florence takes 15-18 minutes, free parking.
The property is an ideal base for exploring Tuscany's artistic and architectural heritage: Fiesole (15 km), S. Gimignano (35 km), Siena (60 km), Vinci (20 km), Volterra (70 km) and the Classic Chianti area.