Tanyresgair Cottages: The Stables - single storey stone cottage
Why Rachel chose Aberystwyth
We were looking for a classic "Escape to the Country" property in Wales with outbuildings to convert into holiday cottages, and found Tanyresgair which was perfect in every way.
What makes this Cottage unique
Peace and quiet. No neighbours. On edge of moorland. Beautiful garden & views. Birdlife.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
No parties or loud music
1 medium-sized dog or 2 small dogs; no puppies
Children not allowed
not suitable for children
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Max guests:2 (sleeps up to 2 adults)
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
We enjoyed the natural surrounding yet modern benefits this location has to offer, Just to getaway to recharge you batteries,
The best away from it all place to visit anywhere in mid-Wales
Cottage was immaculate, had everything one could require, plus a warm welcome from the owners. The situation is in the middle of nowhere and not far from anywhere. If peace and tranquillity is what is required this is the place to be. We loved it.
A superb cottage in a beautiful part of Wales.
We had a great week in Bodnant in this clean, very well furnished, cottage in the heart of the Welsh countryside.
Rachel and Jeremy are a friendly couple who made us welcome.
Remote and peaceful but easy to get to shops in Tregaron and Aberystwyth. Ideal for two people.
There are lots of interesting of places to visit in the area.
We would love to return one day to ride on the Vale of Rheidol Railway which was not operating because of the dry weather.
Very clean, well equipped,beautiful location, tastefully decorated.
If you want a quiet out of the way location with a beautiful view then this is the place for you. We have had a few holiday cottages but this one has been the best. A very comfortable base in a very beautiful area.
Remote, newly converted farm building,impressed with all new furiture & appliances (no car boot junk
Spent 6 nights at this lovely cottage, The information pack was great & we did most of the recommended days out. Very remote which suited us & could walk out from the cottage. Cottage was cosy & warm with brilliant hot shower, good Wi-Fi signal Have been renting hol cottages for 40 years( that makes us feel old) this ranks as one of the best. Enjoy your stay.
We spent two lovely weeks in the "Stables" in June 2018.
The cottage is ideal, if you love tranquillity and beautiful landscape. You find everything you need for a self-catering holiday and the cottage is decorated with really good taste. Everything is neat and clean. Our hosts Rachel and Jeremy gave us a warm welcome and were very helpful and friendly.
We found lots of information and tipps what to do and were to go, from walks nearby to scenic auto-routes along the coast or into the Cambrian Mountains.
We can really recommend a stay at Tanyresgair Cottages.
Petra and Rolf
- no traffic – at the end of half mile (700m) access road
- no neighbours for 1 mile in all directions (except SHEEP)
- established garden with large wildlife pond and picnic bench for visitors
- on a hiking trail to an upland lake & viewpoint
THINGS TO DO:
Ideal as a base for walking, cycling and wildlife watching:
- walk sections of the Coastal Path for stunning views of Cardigan Bay
- two route marked cycle trails – Ystwyth Trail, Rheidol Trail close by
- take a dolphin watching boat trip from New Quay
- watch mass red-kite feeding at Nant-yr-Arian
- visit nearby nature reserves for excellent bird-watching
- take the Vale of Rheidol steam railway to Devil’s Bridge waterfalls
- drive into the Cambrian Mountains and around the Elan Valley reservoirs
- visit the beautiful beaches at Mwnt and Llangranog
- go back in time to the quaint fishing villages of Aberaeron and New Quay