5 bedrooms with Terrace and balcony, Village setting, close to River
Anthonin Le Paih
- english, french
About Anthonin Le Paih
Your hosts are Anthonin (French) and Kate (English). We moved to the beautiful Dordogne in 2016 from London to set up Les Cannas and believe we live in the most beautiful part of the world!
Anthonin Le Paih purchased this House in 2016
Why Anthonin Le Paih chose Saint-Vincent-de-Cosse
The property really is an ideal touring base to visit the many attractions of the Dordogne but is nestled in a peaceful village location so you aren’t besieged by tourists as you might be in Beynac or Sarlat. We are within 15km of six of France’s “officially most beautiful” 50 villages.
What makes this House unique
Quirky French Charm and lots of living space! Ideally located, close to the Dordogne and many local tourist attractions.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Children are welcomed.
Guests must leave the property cleaned and tidy. If significant extra cleaning is required €70 may be retained from security deposit.
Guests must respect the property and our neighbours. Unruly or disruptive guests may be asked to leave with no refund given.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Not at all as expected; we left the next day
This unfortunate experience has caused us the loss of two days of our vacation time in order to find another property. And we suffered additional cost for staying in a hotel in between the two properties.
1. The furniture in the living room are covered with seat covers that look shabby, unwashed, and badly tattered.
2. A bed spring (lower part of a bed; i.e., without the mattress) is being used as a large coffee table in the living room. On top of the bedspring is a closet door on which was placed board games.
3. The clothes closets which are in the hallway upstairs (rather than inside the bedrooms) are dusty, with various household items on the shelves making them partly unavailable to be used.
4. The water closet (toilet) downstairs does not have a sink which means that after one uses that toilet, one has to walk across the living room to the kitchen to wash one's hands. The same is true for the WC upstairs. One has to walk to the bathroom to wash one's hands.
5. In addition, the WC upstairs is too small for a person of normal size to sit on the toilet and be able to close the door.
6. The view from the terrace is essentially the property owner's home and enclosed yard. One can see their yard through the fence and it is not a very pleasant sight.
7. When one of our guests arrived after we have left the house, they reported that there was dog feces on the front yard.
8. The front door does not readily lock and takes a certain know-how.
9. The road leading to the house is extremely narrow and the driveway to the house is extremely steep. This information was given to us only after we have made the final payment.
We believe that the features of the house have been misrepresented. I think the fact that the road leading to the house is extremely narrow and that the driveway to the house is terribly steep, should have been included in the description or at least the information should have been given to guests when the reservation is being made.
The photos and written descriptions of this property do not reflect the reality of the property.
This couple would be better suited to a 5* hotel, rather than a family-friendly, relaxed holiday Gîte in a rural French village. Our property is exactly as shown in the photos and it is extremely clean. The living room is as shown in the photos and is clean and comfortable. It is completely inaccurate that there was dog dirt on the Gîte property - the complaint relates to the lane outside the property. Sinks for WCs are in the bathrooms immediately next door to the loo, as is common in older French properties. We appreciate that US guests may be used to comparatively large properties, but the Gîte is actually very spacious for a property of this type and is in excellent condition for a house that is well over 150 yearrs old. Guests will see from our other, excellent, reviews that the property is clean, well located and as charming as shown in the photos and as described in the listing. We hope other guests will see this spiteful and inaccurate review for what it truly is. We strongly encourage any potential guest to contact us with any questions they may have and we will be happy to respond. Thankfully not a single other HomeAway/VRBO guest who has stayed with us has ever raised any of the complaints made by this unusual couple!
Character full farm house very FRench
Classic French Gite, understated, well equipped, very pleasant and spacious. Beautiful village good for exploring local area. Hosts friendly, nice touches like tea, coffee and cake awaiting us on arrival.
Few areas need attention to make safer and nicer.
Consider putting fans in bedrooms.
Overall would recommend.
Idéal en famille ou entre amis
Très bel emplacement pour cette maison située au cœur d’un village, proche des plus beaux sites de Dordogne, accès facile, des chambres spacieuses, nombreux rangements, beaucoup de jeux pour les enfants, calme, propriétaires disponibles au besoin, bel accueil ( boissons fraîches, café, panier garni de légumes locaux...) et cerise sur le gâteau , la veille du départ Anthonin nous a amené 2 excellents gâteaux ... un régal pour les papilles
Merci beaucoup pour vos beaux commentaires! S'il vous plaît visitez à nouveau!
El mejor sabor a Francia
Más allá de un ubicación excelente para conocer el corazón de la dordogna la casa de kate y anthonin recoge lo mejor del sabor de la dordogna y del interior de Francia. No esperes lujos, jacuzzi o aire acondicionado, la casa con sus mesas de madera , su baño complicado , sus armarios muestra como pocas lo que es el interior de Francia y el gusto por lo auténtico. Los anfitriones un encanto te reciben con un vino y un pastel y te despiden con una tarta de castaña que volvió a España envuelta en hielo como un trofeo para que nuestros familiares pudieran disfrutar de un trocito de la dordogna y las castañas . La casa es perfecta para grupos grandes puesto que además de las camas tiene espacios comunes amplios para que todo el grupo disfrute una comida en común, un gran salón , un comedor interior y una mesa al aire libre donde disfrutar de una tertulia y una gran barbacoa. Muy bien equipada de menaje.
La situación es muy buena el pueblo este muy cerca de las principales atracciones pero es tranquilo y no está masificado. En apenas media hora tienes todos los sitios que ver. Hemos pasado una semana un grupo de 11 personas y la recomendamos si quieres conocer la zona y entender el saber vivir de los franceses. Turismo familiar.