Three bedroom, 2.5 bath private location on Fisher Lake next Sleeping Bear Dunes
About Paul DeVilbiss
The owner has offered successful waterfront rentals in Leelanau for over 20 years. Strong management skills, with attention to detail will provide you with an extremely clean home that is nicely furnished and fully equipped.
Paul DeVilbiss purchased this House in 2015
Why Paul DeVilbiss chose Maple City
Location. The property location is perfect with close proximity (2 mi) to Glen Arbor, The Sleeping Bear Dunes (5 mi) and the bike trail (1/2 mi). This home is waterfront on Fisher Lake which connects to Glen Lake and Little Glen Lake. Privacy is also key here in that the home is nestled in the trees not close to other neighbors. Private frontage and dock with west facing sunset views are memory makers.
What makes this House unique
This unique lakefront home with gorgeous water views will create lifetime memories for you and your family. This home is close to restaurants, beverages, groceries, bike/walking trails, shopping and and much more. Yet at the same time you can be perfectly content to stay put on this private lake front setting, enjoying both the sunrises and sunsets views.
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Home away from Home
Very Nice Home, very welcoming and had everything we wanted and more. It is located off of the main road and back into the woods which makes it very peaceful. Lots of outdoor space in the front and back of the house. We had several nice days (for October) and enjoyed sitting on the deck and enjoying an absolutely beautiful view of the lake. Short drive to Glen Arbor, biking distance to town and the trails. Will definitely be back next year. Thanks for a Great Week!
Great time, just as expected
Wonderful cabin in a great location. A short drive time to all great sleeping bear dunes attractions and Glen Lake / Glen Arbor. Canoe and kayaks provided with on-site access to fisher and big/little glen lakes. Also immediate access to crystal river, which in my opinion is even a more rewarding kayak experience. Wonderfully stocked house with everything you need for a comfortable stay. We traveled with 4 adults, a 3 year old, a 1 year old and two dogs. The children don’t sleep well in the same room so we were short one bedroom. Have no fear, the master bedroom closet was plenty big enough to act as a bedroom for the 1 year old! On top of all of that, the entryway adjacent to the garage (with a cement floor) acted as a perfect place to put our dogs rather than brining them in the house with us. We found this much more convenient rather than worrying about bringing their hair and possible mud into the house.
All other reviews seem very accurate to our experience.
Rated 5 stars based on expectation relative to experience.
Only drawbacks that should be taken into account:
1. Yes you are on a beautiful lake with a sunset view, but no “beach” access. We’ve known Glen Lakes to be wonderful sand bottom lakes that are comfortable to walk in/through. Fisher lake is a little different. Walking off the dock, there is quite a bit more algae than I was expecting /hoping for, but still better than the Ohio lakes I’m used to.
2. Yes the lake/ dock is perfect for sunset watching and launching kayaks/canoes from. That being said it’s a bit shallow for jumping off and swimming in.
3. We rented a pontoon boat for the day on the glen lakes. Even though the glen lakes are connected to fisher lake via water channel, the marina did not allow their boats to pass through the shallow channel. An experienced boater with their own boat/equipment would have no issues traversing though the channel tho.
4. Yes I have to admit, a bigger master bedroom bed would have been nice.
5. We were there in mid September and the mosquitoes made there presence known! This is a cabin in the woods with water access though so it was expected and really nothing more than a minor nuscience. Bring a little bugspray and love the outdoor life!
Owner was very responsive and accommodating and would recommend this place to anyone!
Large lake house on a private drive
Nice place. Great setting. Quiet but close to everything.
Late July stay
This is our second year here.
Beautiful home, well maintained and homey!
Met the owner - great guy. Very accommodating!
Will certainly be back next year 😁
Fabulous Home on Crystal Clear Fisher Lake
Three couples shared this wonderful home that is perfectly located near Sleeping Bear Dunes, Glen Arbor, and Glen Haven beaches. The home has a fabulous view of Fisher Lake from the living room and deck, with a magnificent view of the night sky from the surrounding woods. The owner provided all the amenities to make our vacation truly enjoyable by providing a fully equipped kitchen, a clean comfortable home, and the added bonus of having access to kayak's for use right off the pier onto the lake. One of the best vacation homes we have rented on VRBO, would highly recommend!
We enjoyed our stay. Very nice house and kitchen well equipped. We loving kayaking on fisher lake and glen arbor. Our only suggestion is to have a king bed in the master bedroom.
Nestled next to the beautiful Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, your lakefront property is waiting for your boat. All sports lake invites fishing, skiing, jet skiing, kayaking, swimming, sunning and just kicking back. Within a half mile of the bike trail and 2 miles from Glen Arbor, your location could not be much better for enjoying the water and the entire area