7 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 14 persons
• Elegant vacation home with unique character, great location and spectacular views
• Spacious and well-designed inside and outside social areas
• Heated pool with waterfall and landscaped tropical gardens
• Complete range of extra services including food and beverage options, tours and transfers and spa services
• Very close to San José and Escazú city centers - great selection of shopping, restaurants and night life
• Many key attractions in Costa Rica are within reach through day trips from Casa Britto
Casa Britto is a fully equipped property rented on a self-catering basis including cleaning service during weekdays. You will be received by one of our Property Managers who will manage the check in and be available on standby to assist you during the rental period. Our concierge services range from travel and restaurant tips to full scale vacation planning, to help you make the most of your vacation in Costa Rica. Food and beverage options such as breakfast, grocery shopping and in-house private chef are designed to your specifications. The tours and transfers program includes airport transfer, daily minibus rental and a selection tours by leading tour operators. Massage and other spa treatments are also available for your relaxation. Casa Britto also provides a selection of event services including venue, staff and event planner. The maximum capacity of Casa Britto is 14 guests.
Casa Britto is an elegant residence situated on a hillside with spectacular views of the Central Valley, a 15 minute drive from the center of San José, the capital city of Costa Rica. Two large terraces provide shade to the façade permitting natural ventilation to keep the house cool during the warmest of days. Casa Britto has been furnished with great care combining antique and vintage pieces with top level design to create an exclusive and homely character. The property features a large number of spacious social areas, each with its own atmosphere and style. Next to the heated pool there is a large wooden deck, a small rancho and a grill area with a gazebo for shade. The gardens have been designed with a great variety of flowers, plants and trees. Winding paths lead to the upper garden passing colorful flowers and fruit trees to a larger rancho with breathtaking views.
Great vacation and entertaining home
Thank you Antonio and Marta for a most enjoyable stay.
About the Owner
We are a professional couple, Antonio, 50 (Swedish) CEO of Swevet, a distributor of products for veterinarians and animal hospitals and Marta, 41 (Costa Rican), Architect and Master of Real Estate Finance who works for the Swedish National Property Board. We have a six year old son, Eduardo, who goes to an international school and speaks English, Spanish and Swedish. We live in Stockholm, Sweden and manage our property in Costa Rica as a vacation rental.
5 based on 26 traveler reviews
Great vacation and entertaining home
We celebrated our son's wedding rehearsal dinner at Casa Britto. The house was superv. The heated pool was enjoyed by our guess. The house overlooked the valley and the views were amazing. The caretaker did an exceptional job in attending to all of our needs. The only regret that I have is not having stayed longer.
Thank you Antonio and Marta for a most enjoyable stay.
The Casa Brito was amzing!
The house was immaculate, comfortable and the views were beautiful!
Antonio and Marta went out of their way to be helpful.
I just want to thank them for a wonderful vacation
Casa Britto - A lifetime of great memories!
My wife and I got married on April 18th, 2015. We decided to accommodate all my cousins and extended family at Casa Britto (12 adults and 4 children) for 4 nights. We also held our pre-wedding family dinner at Casa Britto for 40 persons, catered by the chef recommended to us by the owners Antonio and Marta. Everything was perfect! All our families rave about Casa Britto and the lifetime of fantastic memories they have from their shared time there, and the pre-wedding dinner! Antonio and Marta took care of every detail, with excellent support with logistics from Zeida and Pablo. We would highly recommend Casa Britto to anyone hoping for a similar experience. My family hopes to create more memories in the future with another stay there!
Beautiful home with great views
The home is beautiful and the property was well kept and had great views of the valley. It had ample room for a full house of people including a 40 person family reunion BBQ which was catered by Casa Britto. The heated pool was the center of attention, it too had views of the valley. Overall we were extremely pleased with the house and we would definitely recommend it.
Million Dollar View
This was my second visit to this beautiful home, which was maintained maticulously. the property was amazing bith inside and out. I would highly recommend this property for a large or small group. It is centrally located which made it easy to gt around. The layout and ammenities were excellent for relaxation, and the heated pool and the view was absolutely the best I have seen. The owners Antonio and Marta were great to work with and very accommodating. the were available for questions and ensure that all was as expected. the maid Maria ensured that the house was clean on a daily basis. Agian I would highly recommend this property.
I stayed at Cash Britto with 7 of my friends for my birthday weekend and had a blast. I was greeted nicely and setup with taxi, emergency, and food contacts which were very helpful. The view from the mansion was beautiful and I used all of the memory in my camera with pics of the property. The heated pool was great when we all wanted to unwind in the morning. The location was great and Wal-Mart was just a 8min taxi ride and we were able to get everything we needed for our stay. I want to thank the staff at Casa Britto for a fantastic vacation and I will be returning.
From the Owner
“CASA BRITTO • Elegant vacation home with unique character, great location and spectacular views • Spacious and well-designed inside and outside social areas • Heated pool with waterfall and landscaped tropical gardens • Complete range of extra services including food and beverage options, tours and transfers and spa services • Very close to San José and Escazú city centers - great selection of shopping, restaurants and night life • Many key attractions in Costa Rica are within reach through day trips from Casa Britto”
Activity and Interests
CASA BRITTO LOCATION
Casa Britto is strategically located just 20 minutes from Juan Santamaría airport with three main routes of access. Escazú city center with its small town local flavor is just 5 minutes away, the bustling Multiplaza mall is 10 minutes’ drive and many smaller malls are closer by. There are numerous excellent restaurants, great shopping, several good gyms and two golf courses within a 3 km radius. San José center is about 15 minutes away. Day trips from Casa Britto include: the Irazú and Poas volcanoes and several botanical gardens within an hour’s drive, the Pacific Coast, Puntarenas, Hotel Punta Leona, Mariott Hotel Los Sueños and Guayabo National Park in Cartago within an hour and a half, Limón, Manuel Antonio, El Arenal volcano and Liberia within three hours.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Additional information about rental rates
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|
|Move out cleaning fee||$200|
Please contact us for information regarding our discounts for smaller groups
50% of the rental fees is required to secure the reservation. Full payment of rental and move out cleaning fees are due one month prior to the start of the rental period. The damage deposit can be paid either when making the balance deposit by bank transfer or in cash to the Property Manager upon arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Available stay (no arrival)
- Alarm System
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Intercom System
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Area
- Living Room
- Secure Parking
- Security System
- Study Room
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Cooler
- Water Tank
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Books for Adults
- Books for Kids
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Hot Tub
- Daily Maid Service
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Mountain View
- botanical garden
- recreation center
- theme parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 530 m²
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, Serves master bedroom and bedroom 7
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Serves bedrooms 2, 3 and 6
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower, Serves bedrooms 4 and 5
- Bathrooms were refurbished some ten years ago, refreshed in 2012 and are in good working order
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 4 - 1 queen, 1 child bed, 1 baby crib, Child bed or baby crib added on request
- Bedroom 5 - 2 twin/ single, King size or two single beds
- Bedroom 6 - 2 sleep sofa /futon, Queen size sleep sofa
- Bedroom 7 - 1 baby crib, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Queen size sleep sofa in room next to Master Bedroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, 1 child bed, 1 baby crib, Child bed or baby crib added on request
- The master bedroom is on the second floor and has its own bathroom with shower and jacuzzi which also serves beedroom 7 with queen size sleep sofa ideal for children. Bedrooms 2, 3 and 6 are on the second floor and share a bathroom with shower. Bedrooms 4 and 5 are on the first floor and share a bathroom close to bedroom 5, on the other side of the floor from bedroom 4. Each bedroom sleeps a maximum of two adults. The master bedroom and bedroom 4 has space for a cot and/or an extra bed for children.
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio
- Fully Fenced Property
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
- 12 garden chairs
- Guests provide their own meals
- AREAS - Total house area with balconies 530 m2 - Total area pool, deck, BBQ & rancho 250 m2 - Total area 780 m2 FURNITURE AND EQUIPMENT - 1st floor terrace: Large table seating 14 with chairs and sofas, Side tables for serving, Cushion boxes. - 2nd floor terrace: Two deck chairs with cushions, Small sitting group with table for 5. - Lower garden: Three garden sofas seating 7 - BBQ Area: Two tables seating 12 with chairs, Cushion box, Weber charcoal grill, Spice garden - Pool Area: Six deck chairs with side tables, Two parasols, Benches seating 8, Seating group for 8 with cushions and low table - Rancho Fixed sofa seating 6, Grill, Open Fireplace, Tap water, Possibility to move garden furniture from other areas