Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Lovely peaceful location
Loved our time here it’s was so lovely to have the Kookaburras coming in every morning and evening. The house was clean and tidy and a great place for a family to stay.
It’s a lovely old island beach house. Nothing pretentious about it, but comfortable and cool.
Fine for couples, singles, families. AND there’s a resident echidna!
Magnetic Island is an island 8 kilometres offshore from the city of Townsville in Queensland, Australia. Although in the Tropics, the Townsville area is in a rain shadow which makes it the sunniest city on the Queensland coast (Magnetic Island averages over 320 days of sunshine per year).
More than half of the Island's 5,184 hectares is National Park, with Mt.Cook in the centre rising to 497 metres. Huge granite boulders are softened by tall Hoop pines, eucalypt forest and small patches of rainforest. Where the rocky headlands meet the sea many secluded beaches have been formed, some may only be reached on foot or by boat.
There is a resident population of about 2,500 and a variety of holiday resorts, a range of accommodation and activities, restaurants and cafes, marina and attractions.
Passenger Ferries leave from Breakwater Terminal in Townsville, a 10 minute drive from Townsville Airport. The 'fastcat' takes just twenty minutes by passenger ferry and arrives at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal and Marina Prescinct. Car Ferries also leave from South Townsville so you can bring your own car to explore the island.
<font color="#FF4000"><b>Attractions and Activities</b></font>
There are 24 kms. of walking tracks through the National Park with many spectacular lookouts. The National Park is a haven for wildlife, like rock wallabies, possums, koalas and a wide variety of bird-life.
• Forts Walk, Sphinx Lookout, Hawkings Point Lookout
• Bungalow Bay Koala and Wildlife Park
• Fishing, swimming, snorkelling
• Fishing & snorkelling charters
• Reef tours and Snorkelling Trails
• Secluded beaches - swimming & snorkelling
• Events, Markets, Jazz Festivals, Whale watching, Full Moon Parties
• Comedy Caberet Show at Stage Door Theatre Restaurant
• Beach Horseriding
• Jet Ski hire, Dive Courses and Dive Trips
• Kayak hire, paddle boats & paddle boards, sailing and tubing
• Bus and Harley Tours
• Toad Races at Arcadia Village Hotel
• Stunning sunsets at Horseshoe Bay or West Point
• Bakery, restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, giftstores, newsagency, post office, pharmacy