'Idle-Days' Beach House is well furnished and equipped with everything you will need for a comfortable, worry-free holiday so all you need to do is relax and enjoy the activities and beautiful weather of Magnetic Island.
Fully fenced and secure, the home is perfect for young families and is also set up as a special pet friendly home with kennel, verandas and even a cat scratching tower if you bring along your feline friends as well.
Plenty of covered outdoor space with front veranda (lovely for breakfast and lazing on the hammock) and the back veranda (perfect in the afternoons for a cool down beverage and dinner). The back veranda has comfortable outdoor lounge, dining table, servery, webber, gas BBQ, stereo and a full size outdoor fridge!
* 3 bedrooms - 2 queen beds, 1 double bed
* Kitchen with breakfast bar has microwave, cooking utensils, condiments
* Wide screen TV with Austar and DVD player
* Bathroom with separate toilet
* Large air conditioner in living room cools the whole home
* Single carport & driveway - plenty parking for your boat
It really feels like a 'home away from home' and is only 3 minute drive from the beachfront, boatramp, watersports, shops, hotel and cafes.
Accommodates 6 guests.
2 night minimum stay requested (5 - 7 night minimum stay may be requested during school holidays and peak periods)
Magnetic Island is an island 8 kilometres offshore from the city of Townsville in Queensland, Australia. Although in the Tropics, the Townsville area is in a rain shadow which makes it the sunniest city on the Queensland coast (Magnetic Island averages over 320 days of sunshine per year).
More than half of the Island's 5,184 hectares is National Park, with Mt.Cook in the centre rising to 497 metres. Huge granite boulders are softened by tall Hoop pines, eucalypt forest and small patches of rainforest. Where the rocky headlands meet the sea many secluded beaches have been formed, some may only be reached on foot or by boat.
There is a resident population of about 2,500 and a variety of holiday resorts, a range of accommodation and activities, restaurants and cafes, marina and attractions.
Passenger Ferries leave from Breakwater Terminal in Townsville, a 10 minute drive from Townsville Airport. The 'fastcat' takes just twenty minutes by passenger ferry and arrives at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal and Marina Prescinct. Car Ferries also leave from South Townsville so you can bring your own car to explore the island.
Attractions and Activities
There are 24 kms. of walking tracks through the National Park with many spectacular lookouts. The National Park is a haven for wildlife, like rock wallabies, possums, koalas and a wide variety of bird-life.
• Forts Walk, Sphinx Lookout, Hawkings Point Lookout
• Bungalow Bay Koala and Wildlife Park
• Fishing, swimming, snorkelling
• Fishing & snorkelling charters
• Reef tours and Snorkelling Trails
• Secluded beaches - swimming & snorkelling
• Events, Markets, Jazz Festivals, Whale watching, Full Moon Parties
• Comedy Caberet Show at Stage Door Theatre Restaurant
• Beach Horseriding
• Jet Ski hire, Dive Courses and Dive Trips
• Kayak hire, paddle boats & paddle boards, sailing and tubing
• Bus and Harley Tours
• Toad Races at Arcadia Village Hotel
• Stunning sunsets at Horseshoe Bay or West Point
• Bakery, restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, giftstores, newsagency, post office, pharmacy